107th GREY CUP - Tiger-Cats @ Blue Bombers

JCon

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Finishing 3rd had the Bombers facing the daunting task of winning in Calgary and Sask.  Team has rose to the occasion.   Need to level up, just one more time.

To win the Cup, the Bombers will have to play the best game of the year, and a flawless one at that. The Bombers are underdogs for good reason but that is no to say that they cannot win. The defence will have to be better and not give up those 10-15 passes and the offence will have to show up for the whole game.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Did you not watch Nichols this year? You realize at one point he was behind only Mike Reilly in deep plays right?

I dont understand this narrative. Do people forget how games went earlier this year? Nichols when he needs to/is able to can and will throw the ball deep. 

I'll give Collaros the edge in escaping pressure and getting the ball out, but people acting like Nichols didnt throw it deep is just weird.

And with Nichols in the line-up, we played Lucky.

But after a bunch of ineffective weeks with Strev, he was benched.

The poster was asking, now that we have a QB who is throwing deep, do we re-insert Lucky into the line-up.

No mention or shot against Matty.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Why is it we feel the need to single out a player for ineffectiveness when we really don’t know what that player was required to do?

Especially when our Defence played so well and held the other team to 13 points..and no TDs.

That sounds like a Team Defence to me..with everybody contributing.

13 points - no TDs

We have averaged only 13.5 points per game given up in play-offs so far..against 2 good teams...on the road...under extreme pressure....can we do it again...I think so...Evan's has been good for sure, but basically a rookie starter and big game..big pressure...possible new looks by Bombers I see him making a a big error...possibly more

3 minutes ago, Pigskin said:

Lucky would also help us in the return game.

I hope Lucky somehow gets rostered for the Cup....there is always a guy who comes up in the big game and goes off on that big stage...he is the kind of guy that could on several levels...Seeing as Collaros can utilize Adams and Woli on the edges, and Lawler as well has chemistry with him and is a threat, Demski's re-emergence I think we can swap Bailey and Lucky out again...send him on deep routes and let Collaros nail him deep...if anything he will pull defenders away from harris and the run game

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Lucky was benched for a reason. Who you taking out for him? 

he was also benched because really he was hardly utilized....wasn't dropping balls...wasn't playing hard...he was just usually told to sit in the flat..take a dump pass and be expected to beat 3-5 guys before he basically got his feet moving...every sweep he ran was succesfull...was open many times on deep shots where our QB couldn't connect with him....but Collaros has shown he can...you put him in for the Grey Cup...his threat alone to take it to house from anywhere will open things up for others...you have to account for him out there

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

he was also benched because really he was hardly utilized....wasn't dropping balls...wasn't playing hard...he was just usually told to sit in the flat..take a dump pass and be expected to beat 3-5 guys before he basically got his feet moving...every sweep he ran was succesfull...was open many times on deep shots where our QB couldn't connect with him....but Collaros has shown he can...you put him in for the Grey Cup...his threat alone to take it to house from anywhere will open things up for others...you have to account for him out there

Well let's put it this way, I don't trust Lapo to use him effectively so don't even give Lapo the option of playing silly buggers. 

On 2019-11-17 at 10:52 PM, Geebrr said:

Winning in our beautiful Blues 

Perfect 

Actually I just read that although the Bombers are the officially the home team and will dress in Calgary's locker room they intend on  sticking with their road whites for the Grey Cup game... the uniforms they have been wearing for the last two wins, the sames ones they wore during the game that punched their ticket to the Grey Cup game.

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

I hope Lucky somehow gets rostered for the Cup....there is always a guy who comes up in the big game and goes off on that big stage...he is the kind of guy that could on several levels...Seeing as Collaros can utilize Adams and Woli on the edges, and Lawler as well has chemistry with him and is a threat, Demski's re-emergence I think we can swap Bailey and Lucky out again...send him on deep routes and let Collaros nail him deep...if anything he will pull defenders away from harris and the run game

Yeah the decoy aspect is there, but I don’t feel that Whitehead has the receiving skills to be a true threat.  Lapo gets a rager for any guy that can take the top off the D so the fact Whitehead has been inactive says a lot.  If he could field punts he likely would be on and Grant would still be waiting by his phone.

We barely use guys who are really good receivers...Lawler, Bailey, Wolitarsky, Petermann.  Christ even with an average QB you could run a real dynamic passing offense with those guys and Adams, Demski.  Lapo gets real fixated on Demski for some reason and he is probably our 4th best receiver on the field any given snap.

9 hours ago, do or die said:

A Jefferson sighting would be nice, this weekend....

When I did notice Jefferson on the re-watch, he seemed positioned to prevent CoFaj from escaping to his left with that spin move.  I'm not convinced he didn't do anything despite being held off the stats sheet.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

And with Nichols in the line-up, we played Lucky.

But after a bunch of ineffective weeks with Strev, he was benched.

The poster was asking, now that we have a QB who is throwing deep, do we re-insert Lucky into the line-up.

No mention or shot against Matty.

Fair enough. I just keep seeing posts about how the Bombers use the deep ball now, like they didn't before. I suppose with Streveler in that's a fair comparison.

107TH GREY CUP FYI

By Ed Tait

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/11/19/107th-grey-cup-fyi/

It’s the low-hanging fruit, the easy and obvious angle to the 107th Grey Cup and it will be snatched and gobbled up by anyone with a microphone, a notepad or a laptop through all the festivities in Calgary.

So we’ll go there, too, to begin our coverage of the week…

JohanyJutras_20190927_a9_1292-1600x1311.

1. SOMEBODY’S WOE IS ABOUT TO GO

2. BEEN HERE, DONE THIS

3. THE HERE AND NOW: 2019 MEETINGS REVISITED

4. THE STORY THAT KEEPS ON GIVING

5. THE POWER OF MO

Of course Ed Tait writes an informed column. He always does.  
But he’s not the guy who I want studying the film on those two games we played against Hamilton this year. 
My preference would be Hall and Opps for the film session.

Now, to me, it looks like Hall has been on target for game preparation, but LaPo has been more hit and miss. Deadly to dead calm.

Please LaPo, don’t be considering your next venture without completing your last one. This is it. We’re right there. Show us what you got. Make us regret us letting you go. 

signed,

Everyone who gives a **** all over the country...

43 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

When I did notice Jefferson on the re-watch, he seemed positioned to prevent CoFaj from escaping to his left with that spin move.  I'm not convinced he didn't do anything despite being held off the stats sheet.

I think if you re-watch the game again take note of what the Bombers were doing on defense, they did the same thing against Calgary and Bo.  They were rushing to spots on the field, They were forcing the play and the QB into spots they weren't designed to be in, often referred to as changing the launch point. It changes the timing, a designed throwing window, the blocking scheme or angles. The defence literally controlled the play of the offence.