107th GREY CUP - Tiger-Cats @ Blue Bombers

JCon

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ticats more speed n skill. Bombers built for that Early in the week Calgary forecast. Cats aren't. 

The weather being colder is def a good thing for WPG. Not sure Banks and Addison are made for this stuff. 

They have more production out of their QB and receivers 

We take it everywhere else 

Ticats looked pretty sharp against Eskies.  Hopefully , we get our running game rolling again.  I was surprised how well Riders shut Streveler down and Harris as well. Harris did pound through the odd time for a few yards but we need to be better against ticats. Riders did a great job shutting down our return game so would like to see  that a little more creative on Sunday as well.  Our deep ball seemed to be our saviour which is kind of crazy the way the year panned out but gives Hamilton a little more to think about this week. Some pretty crazy moments in Regina but that punt we made  where it seemed most of our coverage went to the left side of the field and the punt to the right side of the field I couldn't figure out.. and thankful  the return didn't go all the way for a touchdown. Being the underdog, I like our chances, honestly be more worried  if we were the favourite. This way , we know we have to work harder to win.  Go Blue

17 minutes ago, olwpgjet said:

Ticats looked pretty sharp against Eskies.  Hopefully , we get our running game rolling again.  I was surprised how well Riders shut Streveler down and Harris as well. Harris did pound through the odd time for a few yards but we need to be better against ticats. Riders did a great job shutting down our return game so would like to see  that a little more creative on Sunday as well.  Our deep ball seemed to be our saviour which is kind of crazy the way the year panned out but gives Hamilton a little more to think about this week. Some pretty crazy moments in Regina but that punt we made  where it seemed most of our coverage went to the left side of the field and the punt to the right side of the field I couldn't figure out.. and thankful  the return didn't go all the way for a touchdown. Being the underdog, I like our chances, honestly be more worried  if we were the favourite. This way , we know we have to work harder to win.  Go Blue

MOS commented on #44 running down the punt returner and saving a TD.....we used this play once ourselves a few years ago....I think it was Mo Leggett who returned it for a TD......I think it was against the Riders but I'm only guessing.    

1 minute ago, Lincoln Locomotive said:

MOS commented on #44 running down the punt returner and saving a TD.....we used this play once ourselves a few years ago....I think it was Mo Leggett who returned it for a TD......I think it was against the Riders but I'm only guessing.    

On the coaches show tonight, both MOS and Bob commented on the play and kudos were given. MOS said it was the fastest he had seen him run before. 

13 hours ago, Mark F said:

helmet to helmet, I don't care what team this happens to, I am sick of it, and want it gone.

I want the league to make a warning statement about helmet to helmet.

Helmet to helmet, should be ejection from the Grey cup game.

Randy needs to tell the refs to do this, or they won't do it.

He Needs to tell both teams, that this is what's going to happen.

Maybe Collaros should have his lawyer send a letter to the ticats saying that if he's injured by helmet to helmet, he will sue whoever did it, and the team too.

seriously. If the league won't protect him, the player needs to protect himself.

Player association what are you going to do?

NFL started ejecting players for this this season, and guess what? It stopped.

See the source image

7 hours ago, Pigskin said:

Just throwing this out there, but now that the bombers have a QB that can throw a deep ball should they put Lucky back into the line up?

Did you not watch Nichols this year? You realize at one point he was behind only Mike Reilly in deep plays right?

I dont understand this narrative. Do people forget how games went earlier this year? Nichols when he needs to/is able to can and will throw the ball deep. 

I'll give Collaros the edge in escaping pressure and getting the ball out, but people acting like Nichols didnt throw it deep is just weird.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Did you not watch Nichols this year? You realize at one point he was behind only Mike Reilly in deep plays right?

I dont understand this narrative. Do people forget how games went earlier this year? Nichols when he needs to/is able to can and will throw the ball deep. 

I'll give Collaros the edge in escaping pressure and getting the ball out, but people acting like Nichols didnt throw it deep is just weird.

The problem with Nichols is he’ll air it deep and everything is fine. But as soon as he throws a pick, or a few deep balls don’t work, he goes back into his shell. Its not that Collaros is 1000 times better with the deep ball, its that he’s more confident of himself it seems to keep slinging it out. Plus his ability to escape pressure and not just tuck and roll/toss it away, allows for much more when it comes to the deep ball. Nichols stats to start the year were insane, but he never sticks with it and falls back to safety-blanket things that will only get you so far (see 2018 west final). 

Why is it we feel the need to single out a player for ineffectiveness when we really don’t know what that player was required to do?

Especially when our Defence played so well and held the other team to 13 points..and no TDs.

That sounds like a Team Defence to me..with everybody contributing.

13 points - no TDs

9 hours ago, Lincoln Locomotive said:

2017 Banjo Bowl. Fogg is the actor, Moe returned it for TD.

12 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Yep, in their last match-up the Cats were fairly effective shutting down Strev. and company.

there was one game this season where the Ticats d line manhandled Bombers O line. specially 56 Ticats. Worst game of the season.

Well it looks like most of the men in our family are going to at the GC. I am taking my son, and grandson's, my brother and his son and grandson are coming in from BC, and my older brother and his son are flying in from Toronto. Apparently the weather in Calgary is going to be pretty nice, should be a great weekend. Go Bombers.