107th GREY CUP - Tiger-Cats @ Blue Bombers

JCon

1 minute ago, White Out said:

Lmao a Stampeders fan just suggested online that the cfl wanted the blue bombers in the grey cup, and scheduled them with an easy schedule to see it happen. 

I can't even imagine how thick you have to be to think the league gives a **** about the Bombers. 

So playing the top two teams in the west three times each is a easy schedule.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

we played in Regina 3 times and calgary twice this season. We played Edmonton when they were actually good at the start of the year (an annual tradition of theirs) 

I dunno you can find a team with the tougher schedule than Winnipeg. Saskatchewan are the ones with all the breaks in the regular season. 

Thrice!

17 minutes ago, White Out said:

Stamps fans, and Calgarians, hate us. They hate Winnipeg to a creepy degree. 

Why do you suppose that is?

In a mostly unrelated story, I was in Edmonton for a wedding this summer and a rando found out I was from Winnipeg and he just said "Haha". I said, "dude, you live in Edmonton", and said, "Oh, touche".

Maybe its a feeling of thinking they're better than us until they think about it for a sec?

Just now, blue_or_die said:

In a mostly unrelated story, I was in Edmonton for a wedding this summer and a rando found out I was from Winnipeg and he just said "Haha". I said, "dude, you live in Edmonton", and said, "Oh, touche".

Maybe its a feeling of thinking they're better than us until they think about it for a sec?

I honestly think that it started when the Jets were coming back. The rumours and then it happening. 

Calgary thinks they're the London of the prairies. The fact Winnipeg could have an NHL team too was insulting to them. It took away another thing to create this false image of Calgary being a Prairie mecca. They don't even think of themselves as another cold weather western Prairie city. 

I've been to many NHL barns as a jets fan for the Jets 2.0. The only place I got worse treatment than Calgary was Manhattan. Ranger fans are human garbage. At least Flames fans were just rude.. They were hostile and threatening. 

Ahh Good morning all! Just woke up from my beer coma. Beer certainly helped with that stressful ending. 🍻

loved the shoving aside of Mike Abu Trainwreck at the trophy presentation. Rider fan disappointment is always a real special treat. LOL. Two years in a row we knock em out at home. Love it.

D is playing amazing and hopefully touchdownless steak continues. Everybody and there dog will be picking Hammytown to win. I wonder if Milt will continue to be anti Blue Bloomberg in his commentators. I hope Hall can confuse Evans like he did BLM.

Can Zack boy be our saviour and end this blasted streak? I think he can. Hammytown D coordinator has a huge task on his hands against us. We seem to be a threat both running and throwing the ball.

Edited by GOLD MEMBER

57 minutes ago, GOLD MEMBER said:

Ahh Good morning all! Just woke up from my beer coma. Beer certainly helped with that stressful ending. 🍻
D is playing amazing and hopefully touchdownless steak continues. Everybody and there dog will be picking Hammytown to win. I wonder if Milt will continue to be anti Blue Bloomberg in his commentators. I hope Hall can confuse Evans like he did BLM.

Can Zack boy be our saviour and end this blasted steak? I think he can. Hammytown D coordinator has a huge task on his hands against us. We seem to be a threat both running and throwing the ball.

Are you a vegan? If so, does that mean you can't have a beef with anyone? Do you drool at the smell of freshly-mowed lawns?

4 hours ago, Pigskin said:

I wonder which Bluebeliever was that picked Calgary to beat the bombers in the WSF? I would love to see us in our Blue Jersey's, but right now it doesn't really matter as long as we win. 

I wonder how you did the pickem my friend?  How many point you got off picking the big blue?  I know I pick them in 80% of the time and they treated me very well.  And yes I stand by my pick as it was the most likely outcome.  I did the pickems to win / based on the most likely outcomes / favorites and it landed me in the top 3 I believe.  Full disclosure I picked WPG/HAM this week but I just started with the pickem here and look forward to them next year as I was really happy with how I did this year (weak ending though!).  I should have left the blue glasses on LOL.  This final game is too hard to call but if I went with how I picked them I would take the favorite, who are the CATS by a slight margin b/c of their offensive power (weather pending).

Edited by bluebeliever

3 hours ago, blue_or_die said:

Funny. I was in Edmonton also this summer. Most ppl i met werent from Edmonton.. Legit  i talked to 25 people 20 were from like Yukon or NWT.. 4 were from Calgary and 1 was from Edmonton. 

6 hours ago, JCon said:

Similar I think. They have a good run defence. But, now that we've established a throwing game, it may open things up a bit. 

Yep, in their last match-up the Cats were fairly effective shutting down Strev. and company.

STREVELER, Chris  8/46  5.8 avg. 11 longest

HARRIS, Andrew  10/37  3.7 avg. 19 longest

AUGUSTINE, Johnny 1/9  9.0 avg. 9 longest 

DEMSKI, Nic 1/6  6.0 avg. 6 longest

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Yep, in their last match-up the Cats were fairly effective shutting down Strev. and company.

STREVELER, Chris  8/46  5.8 avg. 11 longest

HARRIS, Andrew  10/37  3.7 avg. 19 longest

AUGUSTINE, Johnny 1/9  9.0 avg. 9 longest 

DEMSKI, Nic 1/6  6.0 avg. 6 longest

Interesting numbers, I would take that from Strev but we need 100 from Demski / Harris combined to win.  Hope it's cold and nasty and we will put 200 on the ground! :)