107th GREY CUP - Tiger-Cats @ Blue Bombers

JCon

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

FYI the last 7 winners wore their home uniforms.

The last team to win in their away was Montreal in 2010 in Edmonton.

Not sure why we are not wearing our blues.

Never mess with a heater, I suppose... But I do agree those Blues are gorgeous. I will wear only blue all week. 

11 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Does that correlate to the "home teams" as well.

Meaning, even though we're choosing not to wear the home uniforms, we're still the home team. So does the streak hold up?

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Interesting fact...in the last 6 quarters of play-off football this Winnipeg defense has not given up a TD...lets keep that rolling

interesting fact Hall and our D are amazing and patience has paid off my friends, but Hammy will still put up on 30 on us if the weather is good so we will need our O and STs to step it up

I wonder where the posters are that stated in the depths of our struggle this year that we would never win another game LOL

Edited by bluebeliever

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Ok mr smartie pants, when is the last time a 3rd place team won 2 road games and then the GC? Wasn't it like EDM in 2005 or something. 

2019 BB beating the odds already just getting this far my friends. 

12 minutes ago, Rubanski said:

Ok mr smartie pants, when is the last time a 3rd place team won 2 road games and then the GC? Wasn't it like EDM in 2005 or something. 

2019 BB beating the odds already just getting this far my friends. 

If it was they wore their whites 😲😲😲😲

12 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

If it was they wore their whites 😲😲😲😲

Confirmed!!

"Interestingly, only the 1970 Montreal Alouettes have won the cup for the East while finishing third, while the Western third place team had never won the cup prior to 1989, when Saskatchewan won it.  BC has won it twice after finishing third, first in 1994, and again in 2000.  Also in 2000, the BC Lions became the first team to win the cup after posting a losing record in the Regular Season with an 8-10 record.  Somewhat surprisingly, the Calgary Stampeders repeated the feat in 2001.  In 2005, the Edmonton Eskimos became the third (fourth?) Western team to win the cup while finishing third, defeating the Montreal Alouettes 38-35 in overtime in possibly the greatest Grey Cup game ever!"

2 minutes ago, Rubanski said:

Confirmed!!

"Interestingly, only the 1970 Montreal Alouettes have won the cup for the East while finishing third, while the Western third place team had never won the cup prior to 1989, when Saskatchewan won it.  BC has won it twice after finishing third, first in 1994, and again in 2000.  Also in 2000, the BC Lions became the first team to win the cup after posting a losing record in the Regular Season with an 8-10 record.  Somewhat surprisingly, the Calgary Stampeders repeated the feat in 2001.  In 2005, the Edmonton Eskimos became the third (fourth?) Western team to win the cup while finishing third, defeating the Montreal Alouettes 38-35 in overtime in possibly the greatest Grey Cup game ever!"

That's not possible. The best GCs ever were 1935, 1939, 1941, 1958, 1959, 1961, 1962, 1984, 1988, and 1990. 

After that, in a distant 11th overall, is the 2009 GC.