107th GREY CUP - Tiger-Cats @ Blue Bombers

JCon

This will be a challenge but not insurmountable by any stretch.  They are really good on offence and defence, but Dane is a rookie and perhaps we can force some errors early and make them pay. 
Hall and Lapo will earn their money this week coming up with schemes to confuse the Ti-cats.  
The ticats are well coached and have some legit game breakers. 
I have faith in Collaros and Harris barely took a pounding today so we should be good to use him more than today.  

3 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Last two wins were done in the whites though..... 

I think for the bombers to win this game, they gotta limit turnovers and get all aspect of the offence rolling. I can’t be the only one who thinks the ticats offence is overrated? It’s good, but watching their game today it was based off incredible grabs by wrs, and explosion plays that can be eliminated. 

3 hours ago, Sammy225 said:

I would say Collaros has some revenge in mind for Mr. Lawrence

Okay, I just have to say this because I honestly don't know the answer.

After what we saw today, which was a disgraceful performance by the officials IMO, what's to stop Simoni Lawrence, or any other Ticat for that matter, from pummeling Collaros right in the skull first chance they get, just like they did way back in game #1 of this season, thereby knocking him out of the Grey Cup, and then claiming "Oh, it was an accident. I didn't mean to do it on purpose. I just couldn't stop in time and he moved his head right into the path of my helmet"?

I mean, in this game alone I saw easily a dozen head shots, numerous face masks, a blatant attempt to take Collaros out at the knees (yeah, they called that one), late hits, leg drops, punches to the face in front of the officials, trips, leg whips, and numerous other dirty infractions, none of which were called. Collaros is lucky he didn't get hurt and Demski I'm sure is concussed. 

I'm so proud of the Bombers for not losing their composure but that performance by the officials was an absolute disgrace.

8 minutes ago, J5V said:

Okay, I just have to say this because I honestly don't know the answer.

After what we saw today, which was a disgraceful performance by the officials IMO, what's to stop Simoni Lawrence, or any other Ticat for that matter, from pummeling Collaros right in the skull first chance they get, just like they did way back in game #1 of this season, thereby knocking him out of the Grey Cup, and then claiming "Oh, it was an accident. I didn't mean to do it on purpose. I just couldn't stop in time and he moved his head right into the path of my helmet"?

I mean, in this game alone I saw easily a dozen head shots, numerous face masks, a blatant attempt to take Collaros out at the knees (yeah, they called that one), late hits, leg drops, punches to the face in front of the officials, trips, leg whips, and numerous other dirty infractions, none of which were called. Collaros is lucky he didn't get hurt and Demski I'm sure is concussed. 

I'm so proud of the Bombers for not losing their composure but that performance by the officials was an absolute disgrace.

Kind of a crazy coincidence both Dickenson brothers talk a nice game, yet coach some seriously dirty teams...

4 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Kind of a crazy coincidence both Dickenson brothers talk a nice game, yet coach some seriously dirty teams...

I'm not saying Steinhauer is like that, but Simoni Lawrence is a dirtbag of epic proportions. We all saw what he did to Collaros at the start of the season and he once went after Burris' injured knees so blatantly that Burris called him out on TSN saying that there was no place for players like that in our league. He wasn't wrong.

A dirtbag like that can end a man's career and why they're permitted to play in our league is a mystery. It would seem to me that the PA should have some kind of mechanism in place to remove dirtbags like him instead of protecting them. 

Grey Cup: How the Ticats and Bombers match up

By 3Down Staff - November 17, 2019

Andrew-Harris-Winnipeg-Blue-Bombers-5oct

https://3downnation.com/2019/11/17/grey-cup-how-the-ticats-and-bombers-match-up/

Hamilton and Winnipeg are set to compete in Grey Cup No. 107.

The championship game in Calgary on November 24 will mark the ninth time in the history of Canadian Football that the modern-day incarnations of the two clubs have played for the iconic trophy after having met in 1953, 1957-59, 1961-62, 1965 and 1984.

I won't deprive 3Down of their click. 

10 hours ago, The Zipp said:

This will be a challenge but not insurmountable by any stretch.  They are really good on offence and defence, but Dane is a rookie and perhaps we can force some errors early and make them pay. 
Hall and Lapo will earn their money this week coming up with schemes to confuse the Ti-cats.  
The ticats are well coached and have some legit game breakers. 
I have faith in Collaros and Harris barely took a pounding today so we should be good to use him more than today.  

Absolutely.  Lapo has to get even more creative if they're gonna try trick plays with Streveler.  It became very obvious what they were doing and Saskatchewan keyed in on it very fast.

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

Absolutely.  Lapo has to get even more creative if they're gonna try trick plays with Streveler.  It became very obvious what they were doing and Saskatchewan keyed in on it very fast.

HAM also has a very athletic Defensive front, just like the Riders. That played in to the lack of success with what the BB tried. 

helmet to helmet, I don't care what team this happens to, I am sick of it, and want it gone.

I want the league to make a warning statement about helmet to helmet.

Helmet to helmet, should be ejection from the Grey cup game.

Randy needs to tell the refs to do this, or they won't do it.

He Needs to tell both teams, that this is what's going to happen.

Maybe Collaros should have his lawyer send a letter to the ticats saying that if he's injured by helmet to helmet, he will sue whoever did it, and the team too.

seriously. If the league won't protect him, the player needs to protect himself.

Player association what are you going to do?

NFL started ejecting players for this this season, and guess what? It stopped.

Edited by Mark F

A couple of our series could easily have been extended but for BB looking like they were affected by crowd noise. That won’t be an issue next week. 

Whoever wins next week will have the Cup presented to them by a pro. That wasn’t the case yesterday when Rider shill Mike Abou Mechrick presented the divisional trophy. He mugged and mumbled through the presentation before the team shoved him aside like the dog he is.