Congrats Blue

Zontar

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Happy for you!! Congrats. Some really great Grey Cups were played between our 2 teams. Legends were born. 

Legends that many fans grew up watching, idolize and can remember such a rivalry for the crown.
Two best teams in the league playing for the championship. Playing for the Cup against each other for the tenth time. Should the Bombers be designated the underdogs, I’m more than ok with that. 

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, stadium and outdoor

Here's a gem. From the 50th Grey Cup at Toronto's CNE Stadium on December 1, 1962. Better known as The Fog Bowl. Number 29 is Leo Lewis. The Bombers won 28-27 & the last 9:29 seconds were played Sunday December 2nd after the game was suspended because of thick fog. The Bombers had the one point lead when the game was halted & there was no further scoring.  The 1962 season also marked the beginning of the iconic white W on our helmets.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, stadium and outdoor

Here's a gem. From the 50th Grey Cup at Toronto's CNE Stadium on December 1, 1962. Better known as The Fog Bowl. Number 29 is Leo Lewis. The Bombers won 28-27 & the last 9:29 seconds were played Sunday December 2nd after the game was suspended because of thick fog. The Bombers had the one point lead when the game was halted & there was no further scoring.  The 1962 season also marked the beginning of the iconic white W on our helmets.

I was born a few weeks before and my Dad went to the game.  They took the train there and back and were gone for over a week.   I'm not so sure many wives today would agree to it.    

23 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Congrats. Well earned. To the victor go the spoils.

Thanks. We know the pain you're feeling right now, but you're a classy guy with a classy coach, great team and a solid organization. Excellent fan base too. If it wasn't our time, we'd be pulling for your fellas against most others. Great season bud. 

Always hated the Ticats since 2009 and the boat incident. They always seemed to get the best of us. During our time in the East division I'd say they were our biggest rival. It feels good to beat them but I don't feel as much hate towards the Ticats now as I did in the Otis Floyd days. It's hard not to like Orlondo Steinauer. They'll be winning a Grey Cup soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Always hated the Ticats since 2009 and the boat incident. They always seemed to get the best of us. During our time in the East division I'd say they were our biggest rival. It feels good to beat them but I don't feel as much hate towards the Ticats now as I did in the Otis Floyd days. It's hard not to like Orlondo Steinauer. They'll be winning a Grey Cup soon enough.

Felt good beating them in 2011. 2019 feels even beeetter. Zonter is cool though. I hope you guys get a championship in the next couple of years. 

5 hours ago, Zontar said:

Congrats. Well earned. To the victor go the spoils.

Awesome- thanks for being all class. Tough loss, but Steinhauer will have the ticats as perennial contenders. I am sure we will do a repeat of this dance in the next few years.

Ti-cats are a classy organization- starting at the top with "The Caretaker", on through to the Head coach and player personnel- and the fan base, solid ******* fanbase. 

Zontar you're well respected in our community... We know your current feeling all too well.

If it's not us next year, I think it would be fair to consider a lot of bomber fans lining up to show our support

Until then, we have to enjoy our long over due run.  Talk next year my friend 

Edited by CodyT

Some folks here have known me nigh upon 15 years. During this time we've had our wars and a fair number of laughs. But I am genuinely happy for you today. There are many posters here who never got to experience a championship and I hope you enjoy the hell out of it.

Obviously I'm thrilled that Hamilton didn't win... the few thousand of them who come to BMO to watch their games are pretty insufferable as it is... but if they could actually win? It would almost be too much to bear. THANK YOU OSH for sparing us that fate. 

There are things that you (Bomber fans) and I (a Prophet of Double Blue) will disagree on sooner than later (and you can likely imagine what specific thing I refer to)... but we will save that for another day while you bask in your Glory and I bask in my Relief.

And to @Zontar, tough beat man... I'm sure you appreciate why my rooting-sentiments were all against Hamilton (my love for coach Stein notwithstanding).

Losing in the big game is crushing (my 9 year old self remembers the bitter tears I shed) and you're a good dude to come congratulate the fans of the winner.

There will be interesting times ahead in the off-season for the Tabbies and when we get into off-season mode I will look forward to seeing your thoughts on what should/must happen in Tiger-Town.

Cheers.

Yeah a respected thanks to you Zontar...somebody had to lose...and somebody had to win and it was just our time...

Suprised no Rider troll's have came to offer bogus thanks, but reading their site I would doubt it..what a bunch of Moron's...Harris' is classless..Jefferson is a 4 game wonder and lacks intelligence..Coaches encourage dirty play...on and on it goes....funny...yet sad....They claim they were the only team to handle us, and the true Championship took place the week before...my oh my

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Some folks here have known me nigh upon 15 years. During this time we've had our wars and a fair number of laughs. But I am genuinely happy for you today. There are many posters here who never got to experience a championship and I hope you enjoy the hell out of it.

Obviously I'm thrilled that Hamilton didn't win... the few thousand of them who come to BMO to watch their games are pretty insufferable as it is... but if they could actually win? It would almost be too much to bear. THANK YOU OSH for sparing us that fate. 

There are things that you (Bomber fans) and I (a Prophet of Double Blue) will disagree on sooner than later (and you can likely imagine what specific thing I refer to)... but we will save that for another day while you bask in your Glory and I bask in my Relief.

Know you from way back in the Zone.   You are a standup guy, and the kind of DIEHARD fan, that helps keep this league going.   And no, you can't have MOS.