comedy stuff

Mark F

Ireland:

"A man who brought his dead uncle into a post office to collect his pension has insisted: “I wasn’t trying to rob him. I’m not an eejit.”

Declan Haughney insisted that he didn’t realise Peadar Doyle, 66, was dead when he and another man brought him on the five-minute walk from his home on Pollerton Road, Carlow, to the Hoseys Post Office, to collect his pension last Friday morning.

Declan, 40, who says he’s lived with his uncle all his life, claimed he’s now “the talk of the town” and is being branded a “murderer” in the local community, ever since the sensational story emerged.

But he insisted he’s “not an eejit” – and believes he’s being accused of dragging his dead uncle into a post office to rob his pension – because he previously stole from his aunt."

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/man-who-brought-dead-uncle-26029369

😂😫🤪🤡

Edited by Mark F

13 hours ago, Mark F said:

Ireland:

"A man who brought his dead uncle into a post office to collect his pension has insisted: “I wasn’t trying to rob him. I’m not an eejit.”

Declan Haughney insisted that he didn’t realise Peadar Doyle, 66, was dead when he and another man brought him on the five-minute walk from his home on Pollerton Road, Carlow, to the Hoseys Post Office, to collect his pension last Friday morning.

Declan, 40, who says he’s lived with his uncle all his life, claimed he’s now “the talk of the town” and is being branded a “murderer” in the local community, ever since the sensational story emerged.

But he insisted he’s “not an eejit” – and believes he’s being accused of dragging his dead uncle into a post office to rob his pension – because he previously stole from his aunt."

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/man-who-brought-dead-uncle-26029369

😂😫🤪🤡

There is incontrovertible evidence that he, in fact, is an eejit.

(Language warning)

Joel Coen's "The Tragedy of Macbeth", Reviewed by Ethan Coen

More like Macbleeeech!

In The Tragedy of Macbeth, long-time Hollywood presence Joel Coen — who has 18 prior films to his credit — takes sole creative control of a project for the first time. The result, not unlike the tale of Macbeth itself, is a tragedy of epic proportions.

In the interest of full disclosure, my editor has requested that I mention that I was Mr. Coen’s writing partner, producer, and creative collaborator on the aforementioned 18 films. I am also his brother. We parted ways prior to Macbeth in a split that the press described as completely amicable. Despite my prior association with Mr. Coen, I feel that I am entirely capable of reviewing his work in a fair and objective way.

Macbeth is Joel Coen’s shittiest movie by several billion light years. If all the elephants in all the world crapped into the same canyon for 100 years, you would still not have a pile of **** half a large as Joel Coen’s dumb-as-a-dog-**** rendering of this classic taleOne can’t watch Macbeth without getting the sense that something is missing; some inspired element that gave Mr. Coen’s earlier work an aura of ebullient genius is absent this time. The wit, verve, and undeniable rugged machismo that characterized the other 18 films in which he happened to be involved are nowhere to be found here. Ultimately, one must conclude that what’s lacking is talent itself.

Consider the very decision to adapt Macbeth. The choice belies deep insecurity; Mr. Coen seems, on some level, to understand that he has the talent God gave a balloon full of piss, and therefore needs to latch onto more talented artists like a lamprey sucking the life out of a majestic blue whale. A less insecure director might have been satisfied with a less esteemed piece of intellectual property, but Mr. Coen glommed onto perhaps the best known play by the world’s most renowned playwright in a move that screams “HELP! THE NO TALENT POLICE ARE RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! PLEASE, SOMEONE RESCUE ME BEFORE I’M EXPOSED AS A FRAUD WHO SOMEHOW FELL ASS-FIRST INTO A MOVIE CAREER!”

If the decision to take on Macbeth suggests that Mr. Coen is a sad wannabe flailing for credibility, the choice to film in black-and-white proves the case beyond any reasonable doubt. In a move that would get you kicked out Film 101 at the DeVry Institute of Mediocrity, Mr. Coen renders the Bard’s tale in black-and-white using a 4:3 aspect ratio, as if that alone makes you Akira ******* Kurosawa. Though black-and-white can occasionally be an inspired choice — 2001’s The Man Who Wasn’t There comes to mind — the only way in which this gambit might have been anything other than a desperately pretentious ploy is that it’s possible that Mr. Coen was simply too dumb to know that color film exists. Or, perhaps he thought “Hmm — Shakespeare’s old, black-and-white is old…I’ll film in black-and-white, just like they did back in Shakespeare times!”

......(cont'd)

https://imightbewrong.substack.com/p/joel-coens-the-tragedy-of-macbeth?r=bztg5&fbclid=IwAR1sNOtoJg9PglIdfLqKgWvxHZiLrY74G1kgRXqkVH1VZsuRF2FcULDoBZ4

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

"junior film critic"  😂

And if you open the link and read the comments afterwards, one of the messages from a Marc Luscher rips this “critic” for his bitter rantings from the “unwanted less-favoured adopted son and not the truly loved natural-born offspring” - signed Marc (and most certainly not Joel). Nice to see sibling  rivalry alive and well. 

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
marc luscher

Feb 1·edited Feb 1

ah, yes. the bitter rantings of the less-favored *adopted* "twin", the useless appendage finally forced off the coattails of his more successful "twin" (whom Mother ACTIALLY pushed out her birth canal, by the way, who WAS loved, who did NOT sleep in a dog cage in the garage, who was NOT given the same second-hand Lite-Brite for three consecutive Christmas’s) ... but he who by means of a sad attempt at barely recognizable humor wishes to lash out at his handsome, loved, talented "twin" - NOT chosen from a budget orphanage catalog - in the pathetic hope of seeming relevant.

get a life, get a solo hit movie, and get on without me, already !

-marc (and most certainly not Joel)

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And if you open the link and read the comments afterwards, one of the messages from a Marc Luscher rips this “critic” for his bitter rantings from the “unwanted less-favoured adopted son and not the truly loved natural-born offspring” - signed Marc (and most certainly not Joel). Nice to see sibling  rivalry alive and well. 

Gotta go back!

Their movie " the ladykillers" is really funny.

actually managed to get a good performance out of tom hanks. not an easy feat.

they definitely do  not look like close relations.

they have made some of my favourite movies.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Their movie " the ladykillers" is really funny.  Actually managed to get a good performance out of tom hanks. not an easy feat.

they definitely do  not look like close relations.  they have made some of my favourite movies.

That movie is one of my unsung favourites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

This clips lives in my head year round rent free

So facking funny...

I try to remember to watch a couple of the short clips, when I go to bed...... better mood helps sleep.

also, dr steve brule.

Edited by Mark F