WF - GDT - Blue Bombers @ Roughriders

JCon

4 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I really don't understand how the refs can let cheap shots and attempts to injure  go.   The tackle on Winston Rose was a horse collar, no flag.  The shove on Collaros late in the 4th after securing a first down.  Is it just me or does Saskatchewan get away with a lot in their own stadium?   Not a single holding call on their offence line all game.  

Yup it was pretty amazing. I cant remember how many blatant holds I saw from their sad-sack o-line. There was one on Jake Thomas that was so obvious I couldn't believe my eyes. How those clown shoes could let some of those blatant holds go uncalled ill never know. I mean holds happen on pretty much every play but the egregious ones that lead to an RB being sprung(which is what happened on the Thomas hold), etc, need to be called consistently.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

The Rose horse collar was called I'm fairly sure. The shove on Collaros would have been a wishy washy call IMO. The missed horse collar on Darvin is just plain odd. I'm wondering though, can two objectionable conduct penalties be called on one play for the same team? Maybe that's why it wasn't called. Because of the penalty against hughes? I don't know, I just don't see how they missed it.

Also, were the Bombers called for holding at all?

They also missed the face mask on Kongbo late in the game that would have pushed the Riders out of goal post range. 

6 minutes ago, MC said:

I would say that I saw as much holding by the Bombers as I did by the Riders.  The non-calls on holding were a good thing as far as I am concerned.

I have no concerns if they're treating it equally. I have big concerns if they miss safety related penalties that happen right in front of them, like horse-collar tackles and face-masks. 

17 minutes ago, MC said:

I would say that I saw as much holding by the Bombers as I did by the Riders.  The non-calls on holding were a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Generally, I agree with you.

There was one game this year where we took a holding call that I thought was absolute BS, though.

As long as they're ignoring it equally, I'm ok. I pretty much don't even look for it anymore because it's a waste of time.