WF - GDT - Blue Bombers @ Roughriders

JCon

Just now, Goalie said:

Im gonna go there.. 

Cody Fajardo made me a fan of him. Dude showed heart, courage, balls really. Plus hes a classy respectful guy. Wonder what he thinks of some of his mates antics. Prob not impressed. 

Real tough guy that Marshall. Both Adams and Bryant looking to the official to see if he's going to do anything to bring this brat under control. Of course, nothing.

You'd never see that sort of thing on an O'Shea team which tells me that Dickenson is a ***** that won't/is afraid to keep his players in line with a little discipline. I'm sure Marshall had to be consoled after the game.

I really don't understand how the refs can let cheap shots and attempts to injure  go.   The tackle on Winston Rose was a horse collar, no flag.  The shove on Collaros late in the 4th after securing a first down.  Is it just me or does Saskatchewan get away with a lot in their own stadium?   Not a single holding call on their offence line all game.  

good to see this getting some media light now...was such an obvios intent to injure...P.O.S....NOW imagine if one of our guys did something similar to their Fartado hero and the uproar you would be hearing from that toothless fan base and the media...it would be sickening

Same with the horse collar on Adams...we'd still be hearing about it...christ we still hear about the shot Jeffcoat gave to Bridge which had no effect on the outcome of last years WSF whatsoever

We definitely don't get any respect from some of the refs. in this league...Obvious bias bull$hit in that game for sure...I don't know why that is other than they're considered 'rider faves' in their own barn particularly...It happened a couple of times in the Labour Day game as well...even to the point one ref. was just beside himself announcing a first down for them with the voice of a rider fan....The league better look into this crap..They're not untouchable at Mosaic...or is it some refs look at them as the 'bread and butter' team of the league...That  better end

Edited by Stickem

3 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I really don't understand how the refs can let cheap shots and attempts to injure  go.   The tackle on Winston Rose was a horse collar, no flag.  The shove on Collaros late in the 4th after securing a first down.  Is it just me or does Saskatchewan get away with a lot in their own stadium?   Not a single holding call on their offence line all game.  

All of the overlooked calls pissed me off, but the fact that their Oline didn't get a single holding call, was goddamn ridiculous.

17 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

They already have a thread at RF.com discussing the move....not even joking

This just might happen.  For some reason the Riders have an inordinate amount of pull.  A potential roughing the passer call last year impacted their ability to win the WSF and we had extra officials the very next week, and completely new rules the next season.  

I was always surprised that they didn't manage to get field goal return teams increased to 13 players on the field at a time. 

2 hours ago, Sammy225 said:

I love that Adams is smart enought to walk away from Marshall. Marshall was pushing Adams for a reaction to everything he did which 90% of the time would end up as a unsportsmanlike conduct flag. Good Restraint against a pos db

They haven't been calling any objectionable conduct this year. In the not-so-distant past they would be calling taunting for 99 percent of the plays in that game (or any game this year for that matter). Whatever, if they are consistent about it..fine. But as soon as you start smacking other guys around after the whistle that should definitely be a penalty.

4 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

The Rose horse collar was called I'm fairly sure. The shove on Collaros would have been a wishy washy call IMO. The missed horse collar on Darvin is just plain odd. I'm wondering though, can two objectionable conduct penalties be called on one play for the same team? Maybe that's why it wasn't called. Because of the penalty against hughes? I don't know, I just don't see how they missed it.

Also, were the Bombers called for holding at all?

16 minutes ago, BBlink said:

They haven't been calling any objectionable conduct this year. In the not-so-distant past they would be calling taunting for 99 percent of the plays in that game (or any game this year for that matter). Whatever, if they are consistent about it..fine. But as soon as you start smacking other guys around after the whistle that should definitely be a penalty.

I know a few years ago, it was a penalty for any player to make the flag throwing motion to a ref. They had a hard line stance on it too. Is that still a thing?