WF - GDT - Blue Bombers @ Roughriders

JCon

18 minutes ago, bearpants said:

totally agree... Farjardo is a class act and deserves our respect... however, as long as he's wearing green... I'll be happy to see him lose every game he plays...

Maybe generate a few first downs and some insurance points with the game on the line... Sterveler up the middle - when the entire stadium could see it coming - is not how to close out a game...

Luckily we managed to escape with a win in a "bad Lapo" game... so hopefully he can dial up another great Lapo game for next week...

No f'ing kidding. There must have been 10 guys on the line waiting for that obvious play. Man i wish Lapo had some balls because that would have been the absolutely perfect time to fake a handoff and throw it to a receiver running a quick little crosser over the middle of the field that would have been WIDE open . Then its game over.

For whatever reason, this scenario keeps replaying in my mind: Imagine that last ball thrown hits the upright and floats into the waiting arms of a Rider player in the end zone. The fans erupt in hysteria believing it's a TD - a miracle comeback! Rider players do some lame, rehearsed celebration. Euphoria turns into confusion and shock as it eventually dawns on them that they've actually lost the game. 

14 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Fajardo and the Riders ran out of luck on that last throw.

Well Actually (I'm one of those) there were 5 DB and 3 receivers in the endzone within 20 yards I think that even without a goalpost the Bombers would have had a good shot at knocking the pass down. 

1 minute ago, Fan Boy said:

Well Actually (I'm one of those) there were 5 DB and 3 receivers in the endzone within 20 yards I think that even without a goalpost the Bombers would have had a good shot at knocking the pass down. 

I am pretty sure that it was going to be picked or knocked down.  Nobody was open.

11 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

I’ll like the goal post ending better. Cant look for any PI just in case. 

Can only blame themselves... and that goalpost.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

A night has past, and though still painful, let me get this out of the way -

Congratulations to the Bombers, no excuses,

the team that should have won did.

Well done to the blue contigent in the stadium yesterday- you showed up and made your voices heard

Good luck next week, I can't bear any ill feelings to your players - almost universally they are players I wouldn't mind seeing in green, and extra luck for those who have worn it in the past

Our off season started a week earlier than I wanted, but out of the 50 plus seasons my team has broken my heart, this is still one of the better ones, I'll take it. 

You get one more week, enjoy

10 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Proulx is a good ref. People assume he’s bad because he’s Québécois and his hat doesn’t fit his head but he’s probably the best ref in the league. 

100% agree with you and have thought this for a long time. People hear his accent and think he's dumb. I think he's maybe the best official in the game. Love Frenchie Proulx. 

36 minutes ago, Starman115 said:

For whatever reason, this scenario keeps replaying in my mind: Imagine that last ball thrown hits the upright and floats into the waiting arms of a Rider player in the end zone. The fans erupt in hysteria believing it's a TD - a miracle comeback! Rider players do some lame, rehearsed celebration. Euphoria turns into confusion and shock as it eventually dawns on them that they've actually lost the game. 

In that scenario the “big chain” is connected to the toilet and dreams are flushed.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

100% agree with you and have thought this for a long time. People hear his accent and think he's dumb. I think he's maybe the best official in the game. Love Frenchie Proulx. 

Also agree. I used to hate him as it felt like he was always against us (think back to the Montreal Calvillo era). Now I find he is the fairest ref in the league.

46 minutes ago, MC said:

I am pretty sure that it was going to be picked or knocked down.  Nobody was open.

The last 3 or 4 passes should have been picks...the miss to Arceneaux hit Taylor right in the mitts...was sheilded so he couldn't react in time...Obviously the Moore reception at the 5..Sayles biffed that one...Alexander i the endzone prior to the last one..he could have had that and if he didn't knock it down I htink it was Jones or Sayles behind him that was about to undercut it and get a possible pick, and the goal post one..Moore was standing waiting for the ball..Taylor was right in his pocket moving forward to again...undercut the route..but ala ball didn't get there.

Lost in all of this was the series before this on the goaline stand..Hansen saved the TD...Met Powell squarely in the hole..stood him up one on one and kept him out when he was lined up as nose tackle...