WF - GDT - Blue Bombers @ Roughriders

JCon

6 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The refs. need a talking to....How the hell does a db get to smack Darvin in the face ...not once but twice right in front of him....Riders seem to get a lot of leniency ..especially in their own barn but that was just crap...AND I still think Fatardo was over the line of scrimmage when he threw that ball to Roosevelt.... It was challenged but another b.s. call in their favour ...In the end I guess it all panned out, and the football gods made sure the goal post was in the way on that last chuck...Guess Faj didn't pray hard enough...Right team won...and now one more to take care of...Man...could this really happen for us....

Anything can happen in the CFL and Hamilton will be an even tougher challenge.....but I sure like our chances with Zach Attack Collaros behind Centre and a healthier Chris Streveler for short yardage packages.     It's a winner take all affair and nobody but Bomber fans will remember if we lose this game.....it's all about winning the Grey Cup!!

Toughest game of the play-offs for sure...so it will be a true test

That being said...we played Hamilton before the re-jigged Defensive scheme, and before Maston and Taylor and Alexander were inserted into the secondary...Rios got royally abused against the Cat's...mainly due to his inexperience with CFL ball...we also played them without a true QB throwing threat to go with our ground game...they were 3rd against the run, but basically middle of the road as 3 teams all gave up 1700+ yards...they being one of the 3...so they can be had along the ground

We will have to play a perfect game, and no give aways but that's been the case in th WSF and the WF....so we know we can play that way...

14 hours ago, Stickem said:

The refs. need a talking to....How the hell does a db get to smack Darvin in the face ...not once but twice right in front of him....Riders seem to get a lot of leniency ..especially in their own barn but that was just crap...AND I still think Fatardo was over the line of scrimmage when he threw that ball to Roosevelt.... It was challenged but another b.s. call in their favour ...In the end I guess it all panned out, and the football gods made sure the goal post was in the way on that last chuck...Guess Faj didn't pray hard enough...Right team won...and now one more to take care of...Man...could this really happen for us....

The recent prevalence of open microphones has made it apparent the CFL needs to expand their rules on player conduct, I can't believe the amount of verbal abuse the officials take on the field, players constantly yapping at them about calls made or missed calls on almost every play, demonstrating a total lack of respect.  You wouldn't see or hear it in hockey.  The league has to establish that the officials control the field and are not to be objects of verbal, physical abuse or harassment, only designated captains should be allowed to address on field officials in a calm rational manner with a 15 yd. UR penalty handed out as a deterrent for violations.   The players would quickly absorb the message.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The recent prevalence of open microphones has made it apparent the CFL needs to expand their rules on player conduct, I can't believe the amount of verbal abuse the officials take on the field, players constantly yapping at them about calls made or missed calls on almost every play, demonstrating a total lack of respect.  You wouldn't see or hear it in hockey.  The league has to establish that the officials control the field and are not to be objects of verbal or physical abuse, only designated captains should be allowed to address on field officials in a calm rational manner with a 15 yd. UR penalty handed out as a deterrent for violations.   The players would quickly absorb the message.

Couldn't agree more.  A couple of years ago I wrote an email to the league that the officials should have a designated area on the field where they could talk without the players yelling in their ears.  It would be a box or circle where the players couldn't enter and  if they did they would be assessed a unsportsmanlike  penalty.

31 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I got sick saturday night or sunday morning.. Woke up head feeling like its 100 pounds.. Watched the 1st half.. Couldn't watch the 2nd.. The body just wasn't cooperating. So happy they won. I knew they would tho. The Collaros story ends with a W next week on my daughters 5th birthday

Until they either resign him or get Masoli.

Under normal conditions, every punter would like to pin the opposition deep in their end as opposed to getting a single point.  (Unless it is late in a tied game or something like that)  But the single that Medlock kicked, played a minor part in the victory.  Had the difference been six and not seven points, the Green Slime would have had the option of going for field goals on some of their late game forays into Bomber territory and two FGs would have tied the game.    Would they have opted for that?  We'll never know but that single point took the decision out of their hands.

1 minute ago, Mick said:

Under normal conditions, every punter would like to pin the opposition deep in their end as opposed to getting a single point.  (Unless it is late in a tied game or something like that)  But the single that Medlock kicked, played a minor part in the victory.  Had the difference been six and not seven points, the Green Slime would have had the option of going for field goals on some of their late game forays into Bomber territory and two FGs would have tied the game.    Would they have opted for that?  We'll never know but that single point took the decision out of their hands.

So true...a big coaching blunder being the time left in the half there to give up a point...That returner should have been instructed to NOT give up the point, but that obviously slipped past Dickenson's mind in that game...Coaching blunders throughout the game killed them....

5 minutes ago, Mick said:

That Medlock single was by design. The Ryan single was an error. I don't think we won the Special Teams battle yesterday because of that big return on Medlock's punt but those singles certainly played a role. 

47 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I got sick saturday night or sunday morning.. Woke up head feeling like its 100 pounds.. Watched the 1st half.. Couldn't watch the 2nd.. The body just wasn't cooperating. So happy they won. I knew they would tho. The Collaros story ends with a W next week on my daughters 5th birthday

Get better soon, my friend, and an early happy birthday to your daughter. 

2 hours ago, The Zipp said:

Zero issues with Fajardo - the guy seems like a decent human being and a pretty good leader...

really dislike Nick Marshall - that guy is just pure trash IMO and losing looks great on him.  

Marshall is such a ****. Him clapping at the refs after the PI call says it all. 

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

That Medlock single was by design. The Ryan single was an error. I don't think we won the Special Teams battle yesterday because of that big return on Medlock's punt but those singles certainly played a role. 

Again Medlock demonstrated why he is a superior punter to Ryan, it's like comparing Jack Nicklaus skill as a golfer to some "Bubba" who wins the longest drive contest, 

I was impressed by Dickenson's lack of hissy-fits on the sidelines and how well he took the tough loss. Similarly, I have to give full marks to Fajardo. He went from being one short step from being unemployed to a clutch performance that nearly won the Big Game. If he was really in pain, more kudos to him. Too bad the rest of the Rider players and fans did not show similar class.

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

At least Fajardo and Dickenson weren't homers about it. Stubblerjumper Nation doesn't deserve either of them.

totally agree... Farjardo is a class act and deserves our respect... however, as long as he's wearing green... I'll be happy to see him lose every game he plays...

3 hours ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Leaves a guy to wonder what it would take for the Lapo haters to settle down? 

Maybe generate a few first downs and some insurance points with the game on the line... Sterveler up the middle - when the entire stadium could see it coming - is not how to close out a game...

Luckily we managed to escape with a win in a "bad Lapo" game... so hopefully he can dial up another great Lapo game for next week...

On a positive note, I will say that me and a buddy had a great experience  at the game. The Rider fans were, as a whole, very respectful. A few reminded us of our Grey Cup drought - and we reminded them they only have 4 cups in 100 years. Only 1 rider fan was a complete jerk and pushed people to the side as he went to the front of the bathroom line - then proceeded to curse out an older Bomber fan who had done nothing. If I had seen the guy coming up in the line, I would have laid a body check his way (but its probably  best not to get into a fight.)

Anyways, lots of Rider fans congratulated us on the victory and wished us luck after the game, so kudos  to them!