WF - GDT - Blue Bombers @ Roughriders

JCon

11 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Another example of Lapo over thinking it. 

Do do we still owe Lapo an apology? 

Hmm... The Bombers just won their second playoff game in a row on the road. The elements in those victories include a starting quarterback who’s been here six weeks and is the third starting QB that the OC has had to work with. Yet they scored 35 points last week against the defending champs and 20 this week in the most hostile barn in the land, for a total of 55 in two games and a birth in the Cup.

Leaves a guy to wonder what it would take for the Lapo haters to settle down? 

That overthrow to Darvin - Nichols can't throw it that far...anyone who questions that Collaros isn't more accurate than Nichols is just plain silly and hasn't been watching the last three games.  Not saying Nichols is garbage cause he isn't but ZC just throws a better ball.  

still unsure on what direction I would like the team to go for next year...right now Collaros has a very good o-line protecting him, he is using his feet to avoid pressure, not taking undo risks with running and delivering a very accurate ball to the receivers - not much more we can ask of the guy.  

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The fawning over the supposed team of destiny has been sickening. And then all the excuses after the loss... How pathetic. Bottom line: the better team won the WF. The end.

At least Fajardo and Dickenson weren't homers about it. Stubblerjumper Nation doesn't deserve either of them.

Zero issues with Fajardo - the guy seems like a decent human being and a pretty good leader...

really dislike Nick Marshall - that guy is just pure trash IMO and losing looks great on him.  

8 minutes ago, The Zipp said:

I can't believe he didn't just smack it to the turf and game over....had we lost somehow that would have just made me sick.  
it was a great feat of concentration by the sask receiver to pull that one in...

^^  This ^^  Would have thought that whoever is the boss of the secondary would have made sure that they would be going for a knockdown only.  No interceptions required.  Sure hope that they talk about that when they watch the film.  Need to have a little better situational awareness, especially on a critical play like that.

24 minutes ago, The Zipp said:

I can't believe he didn't just smack it to the turf and game over....had we lost somehow that would have just made me sick.  
it was a great feat of concentration by the sask receiver to pull that one in...

I don't think id ever get over that play if we had lost. Not even in my next life.

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Marshall, Purifoy, Gainey... that secondary is full of awful people

you forgot about cheap shot Edam as well....That secondary even though has a couple vets (Gainey and Purifoy) has no leadership and no accountability...and the coaching is partly to blame for that too...seems they have no control of their guys at times...constant yapping and pushing after plays....especially when they get beat, they still yap and show next to no discipline after the whistle and are basically selfish me first players...

Same can be said about their D-line...Pretty sure Johnson if he signed only a 1 year deal won't re-sign there next year..Hughes...did he play?...And Leonard doing a back flip on basically on play with no real impact or bearing on anything at that point of the game just shows they are a "hey look at me" type team...bunch of individuals playing for their own hype...not he name on the front of the jersey...

Just now, JCon said:

Can one of you millennials make a gif out that Taylor broken up pass where he ends up with his face in the camera, please? That was a great little series.  I'll try to find the video on Youtube. 

He was key in the goaline stuff too...he penetrated and knocked a blocker into Fartado

Edited by Booch

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

you forgot about cheap shot Edam as well....That secondary even though has a couple vets (Gainey and Purifoy) has no leadership and no accountability...and the coaching is partly to blame for that too...seems they have no control of their guys at times...constant yapping and pushing after plays....especially when they get beat, they still yap and show next to no discipline after the whistle and are basically selfish me first players...

Same can be said about their D-line...Pretty sure Johnson if he signed only a 1 year deal won't re-sign there next year..Hughes...did he play?...And Leonard doing a back flip on basically on play with no real impact or bearing on anything at that point of the game just shows they are a "hey look at me" type team...bunch of individuals playing for their own hype...not he name on the front of the jersey...

Yeah you nailed it. It's a team that drinks their own kool aid entirely too much and only really cares about making themselves look good. 

That's why when push came to shove at the end of the game the Bombers were the team that won. 

Lots of Rider players were getting dinged during the course of the game, but all on plays that were just physical football. Meanwhile the Riders are out there constantly taking cheap shots after the whistle. Phony tough team vs. actual tough team. 

The refs. need a talking to....How the hell does a db get to smack Darvin in the face ...not once but twice right in front of him....Riders seem to get a lot of leniency ..especially in their own barn but that was just crap...AND I still think Fatardo was over the line of scrimmage when he threw that ball to Roosevelt.... It was challenged but another b.s. call in their favour ...In the end I guess it all panned out, and the football gods made sure the goal post was in the way on that last chuck...Guess Faj didn't pray hard enough...Right team won...and now one more to take care of...Man...could this really happen for us....

Regardless of the goal post or not..Taylor was in Moore's hip pocket and was gonna jump that route anyway...Moore was standing waiting for the ball...the DB was in motion about to cut it...they can lament all they want about the goalpost but that pass would have been broken up if not picked

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The refs. need a talking to....How the hell does a db get to smack Darvin in the face ...not once but twice right in front of him....Riders seem to get a lot of leniency ..especially in their own barn but that was just crap...AND I still think Fatardo was over the line of scrimmage when he threw that ball to Roosevelt.... It was challenged but another b.s. call in their favour ...In the end I guess it all panned out, and the football gods made sure the goal post was in the way on that last chuck...Guess Faj didn't pray hard enough...Right team won...and now one more to take care of...Man...could this really happen for us....

Yeah I said during the game we had to fight against the Riders, the refs AND Lapo to get that win. 

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Marshall, Purifoy, Gainey... that secondary is full of awful people

I've noticed both the Riders and Esks have quite a few nasty  individuals on their teams, instead of relaxing and enjoying themselves on the sidelines they choose to baste themselves in anger instead.  Get a few of these players together and it tends to create a self-supporting  attitude that creates a nasty environment where anything goes on the field,  reflected  in the number of UR penalties both teams accumulated throughout the past season.   Have to hand it to O'Shea for building the culture he wanted, in yesterday's game I don't believe there was  a single penalty handed out for a Bomber player intentionally stepping over the line.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I've noticed both the Riders and Esks have quite a few nasty  individuals on their teams, instead of relaxing and enjoying themselves on the sidelines they choose to baste themselves in anger instead.  Get a few of these players together and it tends to create a self-supporting  attitude that creates a nasty environment where anything goes on the field,  reflected  in the number of UR penalties both teams accumulated throughout the past season.   Have to hand it to O'Shea for building the culture he wanted, in yesterday's game I don't believe there was  a single penalty handed out for a Bomber player intentionally stepping over the line.

For sure....BUT where the hell was that phony chain...one of them must have choked on it behind the rider bench

Edited by Stickem