WF - GDT - Blue Bombers @ Roughriders

JCon

I listened to Green Zone, the Riders post-game radio show tonight. They were quite upset with the play calling in the red zone.

They couldn't understand why McAdoo wouldn't run the ball into the end zone with William Powell instead of using Bennett and an injured Cody Fajardo.

They also couldn't understand why Fajardo took the ball left on his QB sneak when that side of the line had inexperienced linemen due to injury.

They were very complimentary of Zach Collaros and were actually quite respectful of the Bomber team in general.

They said their game plan was to stop the running of Streveler and Harris, which they did quite well. But when Zach threw the ball he did so with terrific accuracy.

They said they had had good fortune all season but didn't have any this game.

3 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

The bizarre green bias on TSN continues

”Riders can’t capitalize on chances...”

”William Powell didn’t get enough touches”

”Roughriders hindered by bad luck as...”

”I’m sick to my stomach over it - Rider QB reflects...”

“Bombers hold on as ....”

”Lack of execution ends Roughriders season”

WHAT IN THE F@CKING HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!!!  WHY ARE THESE THE ONLY HEADLINES FOR THE WSF?!!!

Sweet baby jeebus it’s like the press room had been invaded by melonheads... just brutal, cause you know if the Riders were going to the cup, the press wouldn’t be doing all our crying on our behalf 🤦🏻‍♂️

I swear we're the Rodney Dangerfield of the CFL. Even the hour long pre-game show seemed to forget we were even part of the festivities. The first post after the win on reddit didn't say Blue Bombers Defeat Riders to Move On to Grey Cup. It said something like, Riders Fail to Advance to Grey Cup.

I fear even a Cup win won't change it...and to be honest I have no idea why.

Edited by Deiter Fan

30 minutes ago, J5V said:

They were quite upset with the play calling in the red zone.

They couldn't understand why McAdoo wouldn't run the ball into the end zone with William Powell instead of using Bennett and an injured Cody Fajardo.

They also couldn't understand why Fajardo took the ball left on his QB sneak when that side of the line had inexperienced linemen due to injury.

Pretty much what I was seeing on RiderFans when I skimmed thru. Although there was very little credit given to the Blue for the victory

Who cares what anyone outside of Winnipeg is saying about the game or the team.  This is a team that for years couldn't get through Calgary.  2019 Checked that box.  This is a team that did not win a game in Regina while I was in my 20's (Won when I was 19 and when I was 30), just checked that box in the playoffs in 2019.  It's not always pretty, I still hate Lapolice as a coordinator, but they're still checking all the boxes. One left to check next Sunday. Enjoy the win this week. How many bomber teams can say they went through Calgary and Regina on the road to make it to the Grey Cup?

And even if we lose next Sunday, we did the next best thing to winning it all, we made sure the Riders didn't win either.

I have complained about Hall a lot but the D made some plays yesterday, especially those three goal line stands at the end. Think about it, a team had 3 drives get down to between the 1 and the 5 and they came away with a FG and two turnovers on downs. Remarkable. When is the last time that happened?

9 hours ago, davidjh141 said:

Question. If Matt Nichols wasnt injured and starts this game do we win?

I say no. Collaros hit most of his deep throws today, and Matt usually misses them.

Interesting to think about. At the start of the season who would have thought it would be Collaros taking us to the Cup!

In 2015 I thought it would be. However, Drew Willy was available so....

10 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

The Blue Bombers are the only team to win a playoff game in NM. Lol I love it. It's going to take them at least 2 years to match our playoff record there!!! Lol

Based on their history it will be a lot longer than that. Should we maybe just consider Mosaic as our alternate home field now? Talk about a team not protecting it's house. Shameful really.

Edited by gcn11

9 hours ago, davidjh141 said:

I say no. Collaros hit most of his deep throws today, and Matt usually misses them.

Interesting to think about. At the start of the season who would have thought it would be Collaros taking us to the Cup!

Yes we win with Matt or any other damn QB we put in there because we are better than the Riders. We are going to the Grey Cup and the RIders suck.

9 hours ago, Pigskin said:

The last 3 or 4 minutes of that game, was a little more then a bomber fan should have to handle in one game. 

How many times could have this team end the game and couldn't. Glad that one is over with. 

We must have dropped 5 interception yesterday. The beer was flowing and then it stopped flowing and my mouth got all pasty as I tunnel visioned the last Q.

9 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Based on their history it will be a lot longer than that. Should we maybe just consider Mosaic as our alternate home field now? Talk about a team not protecting it's house. Shameful really.

When you use the old adage.. "nobody comes in our huse...and pushes us around"...they musta missed that when it came to games that mattered...oh well...they still have their #1990 to cling to if we lose the Grey Cup

34 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I have complained about Hall a lot but the D made some plays yesterday, especially those three goal line stands at the end. Think about it, a team had 3 drives get down to between the 1 and the 5 and they came away with a FG and two turnovers on downs. Remarkable. When is the last time that happened?

We actually did it on 2 other occasions this year and had a stretch of I wanna say 4 games this year where we didn't surrender a TD. This was no accident or fluke. Our defence was built to keep teams from scoring TDs and executed it perfectly yesterday.

8 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

The bizarre green bias on TSN continues

”Riders can’t capitalize on chances...”

”William Powell didn’t get enough touches”

”Roughriders hindered by bad luck as...”

”I’m sick to my stomach over it - Rider QB reflects...”

“Bombers hold on as ....”

”Lack of execution ends Roughriders season”

WHAT IN THE F@CKING HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!!!  WHY ARE THESE THE ONLY HEADLINES FOR THE WSF?!!!

Sweet baby jeebus it’s like the press room had been invaded by melonheads... just brutal, cause you know if the Riders were going to the cup, the press wouldn’t be doing all our crying on our behalf 🤦🏻‍♂️

What do you expect from a fan base that wears watermelons on their heads....

It's always like this. The Bombers have never won a game in the history of the organization. The other team didnt show up, didnt play well, had bad reffing, XXX player was injured or his dog died.

It's never about the Bombers actually winning. Pretty sickening. 

10 hours ago, davidjh141 said:

Matt is accurate on his deep throws,  the difference is Zach's ability to side step and cause a defender to miss him and to buy himself a few more seconds to find a guy and throw it deep. Nichols would of been sacked more times.