WF - GDT - Blue Bombers @ Roughriders

JCon

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

one team was determined to do what it took to get the win, the other team not so much. 

Heart is the difference. One team plays for themselves and the other plays for the team. 

I certainly don't deny that aspect...but between an, at times, weak game call by the OC...the refs shilling for the Cryders...the rare goal-line stand and the final toss hitting the crossbar it just seemed like the fates were smiling on us.

Edited by Deiter Fan

3 minutes ago, Pigskin said:

The last 3 or 4 minutes of that game, was a little more then a bomber fan should have to handle in one game. 

How many times could a team end a game and couldn't. Glad that one is over with. 

F'n heart stopping stuff. A perfect example of why sports are so compelling. The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat and every other emotion on the way there.

Guess I got perma banned from the greeners site for posting facts.  Lol. 

Anyway, our D came up big when they had to. 

Cody was lucky he even came that close to winning. 

Regina was playing catch up the entire time. They were never in control of that game. 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

I can't imagine where he would go to.  Honestly which CFL team is going to offer him a starting job?       Teams looking for a qb.  Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa.   Qb's to fight over..  Masoli, Bethel-Thompson, Arbuckle, Nichols, Collaras, and Streveler.  I just don't see a starting job being out there for him this coming season.  

Or an NFL gig as a qb.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And you. You were there, as well. 

It's a method of treatment in psychotherapy to expose the patient to the cause of their fear so as to help them overcome it. This game took me right back to '72 and for a while there it was looking all too familiar. Except this time there was a crossbar and a different result. Best therapy you could hope for even if it did take 47 years.  

11 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Reading that Fajardo played through 2 torn muscles in his obliques. Anyone actually believe that or is it just a cover up?

I wouldn't doubt it.   That being said he didn't look nearly as handicapped as Suitor made him out to be.   The guy still was moving and had zip on his throws. 

The bizarre green bias on TSN continues

”Riders can’t capitalize on chances...”

”William Powell didn’t get enough touches”

”Roughriders hindered by bad luck as...”

”I’m sick to my stomach over it - Rider QB reflects...”

“Bombers hold on as ....”

”Lack of execution ends Roughriders season”

WHAT IN THE F@CKING HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!!!  WHY ARE THESE THE ONLY HEADLINES FOR THE WSF?!!!

Sweet baby jeebus it’s like the press room had been invaded by melonheads... just brutal, cause you know if the Riders were going to the cup, the press wouldn’t be doing all our crying on our behalf 🤦🏻‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Reading that Fajardo played through 2 torn muscles in his obliques. Anyone actually believe that or is it just a cover up?

I don't see why he would lie about this.  And it's quite common to disclose injuries after the team's been eliminated.  I think he deserves some props for playing through it.  

9 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

The bizarre green bias on TSN continues

”Riders can’t capitalize on chances...”

”William Powell didn’t get enough touches”

”Roughriders hindered by bad luck as...”

”I’m sick to my stomach over it - Rider QB reflects...”

“Bombers hold on as ....”

”Lack of execution ends Roughriders season”

WHAT IN THE F@CKING HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!!!  WHY ARE THESE THE ONLY HEADLINES FOR THE WSF?!!!

Sweet baby jeebus it’s like the press room had been invaded by melonheads... just brutal, cause you know if the Riders were going to the cup, the press wouldn’t be doing all our crying on our behalf 🤦🏻‍♂️

What did you expect? It was the same all game long. Even Cuthbert was making excuses for Fajardo and the Riders. It will be no different next week against the Tabbies. 

Best therapy is to envision Andrew Harris running around Mosaic with a Bomber flag as he was after this game.   :-)

I'm certain Fjardo  was injured as he didn't throw a good long ball....especially on the  interception.     He's a good QB and will only get better.     Collaros deserves a tremendous amount of praise for his play as well.....he threw some beautiful  balls and no interceptions.....he ran for a crucial first down late in the game.     He made the big plays when he had to.