WF - GDT - Blue Bombers @ Roughriders

JCon

2 minutes ago, The Zipp said:

It wasn't even close.  There was zero chance it was a fumble.  Anyone who says it was has not watched much football. 
The line of scrimmage thing earlier was more controversial.  

Really? Let's review the tape again.It's a bit condescending to say if someone (like me) interpret it different we haven't watched much football. Seriously.

2 minutes ago, The Zipp said:

It wasn't even close.  There was zero chance it was a fumble.  Anyone who says it was has not watched much football. 
The line of scrimmage thing earlier was more controversial.  

My issue with it is that his throwing motion stops and he's still fully possessing the ball, then it comes out as the brunt of the contact is made.  If the motion is continuous it's a pass, once it stops and he keeps the ball it's a fumble once it comes out.  In real-time it's impossible to make that call but replay needs to get it right.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

My issue with it is that his throwing motion stops and he's still fully possessing the ball, then it comes out as the brunt of the contact is made.  If the motion is continuous it's a pass, once it stops and he keeps the ball it's a fumble once it comes out.  In real-time it's impossible to make that call but replay needs to get it right.

That play is called an incomplete pass 99% of the time. Don’t be silly

1 minute ago, Yourface said:

Y’all are so annoying with the constant whining about officiating... every single it’s the same story, as if the league has something against us LOL

Anyway we were lucky to come away with the win tonight. Very well called game by the referees.

You're ******* blind if you think Marshall didn't take a unneccessary roughness and Fajardo wasn't over the LOS 

Enjoy the offseason, ***** 

1 minute ago, Yourface said:

That play is called an incomplete pass 99% of the time. Don’t be silly

When the forward motion is continuous.  Haven't seen that call made on a play like that one today since the NFL got rid of the tuck rule, and the CFL never had that rule.  CFL rule says incomplete pass with opponent contact requires "ball moving forward."  Once the motion stops and the ball remains in his hand it should be a fumble. 

3 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

The CFL officiating conspiracy theory remains alive....the refs are bias.  Seriously....how many of you theorists have officiated any sport. It isn’t easy and clearly it is a thankless job. See you in Calgary..... 

They are mostly just bad, but the "Command Centre" stuff leaves the conspiracy stuff open.

3 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

The CFL officiating conspiracy theory remains alive....the refs are bias.  Seriously....how many of you theorists have officiated any sport. It isn’t easy and clearly it is a thankless job. See you in Calgary..... 

I actually used to ref touch football for about 5-6 years.  And yes it is a thankless job.  Being yelled at by beer leaguers who think they will make the NFL is the reason I stopped.  

6 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

my 2 cents the fumble... it was a forward pass.....but I stand by Fajardo was over the line of scrimmage.

Im not familiar enough with the specifics on that rule.  But it was clearly a situation where he did a check swing on that throw and then it fumbled.   It was not an intended throw.  After not overturning a clear over the line of scrimmage play earlier it was blasphemy to overturn this call.  #hottakes

1 minute ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I actually used to ref touch football for about 5-6 years.  And yes it is a thankless job.  Being yelled at by beer leaguers who think they will make the NFL is the reason I stopped.  

Yes absolutely. Thankless job. I have more issue with the two calls tonight the command centre, who had the luxury of taking their time, on the calls they made based on video. 

Logging back in after a bit away to say stop being so negative. A blowout win wouldn't have changed the fact that this team and coordinators are what they are, so why should a squeaker change anything? Either way, we would have been in tough to beat the Ticats, so just enjoy it. This is my Grey Cup. We beat those dinks in their own barn!