NFL thread

The Zipp

Brian Flores suing the NFL and NY Giants, alleging racism in hiring. Includes private texts from Bill Belichick. Flores' suit includes texts from Bill Belichick that appear to show him congratulating him on getting the Giants job, mistakenly believing he was texting Brian Daboll. This was before Flores' interview with the Giants took place.

29 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Brian Flores suing the NFL and NY Giants, alleging racism in hiring. Includes private texts from Bill Belichick. Flores' suit includes texts from Bill Belichick that appear to show him congratulating him on getting the Giants job, mistakenly believing he was texting Brian Daboll. This was before Flores' interview with the Giants took place.

So I guess this guy doesn't want to coach again in the NFL and is hoping for a big pay out from the league?

53 minutes ago, JCon said:

Best thing to happen to the Niners was Harbaugh leaving. And now the best thing to happen to Michigan is Harbaugh leaving. It was a sad day when they extended him. 

how is trent balke doing with the jaguars?  now hiring spielman whom took the vikings to.....nothing.

harbaugh win percent nfl.... 70 % .... five yrds from championship.  

anyway, no announcement yet.

agree with the following.

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

He was 44-19-1 as a 49're took them to three consecutive NFL Championship games winning one and a power outage away from winning the super bowl. I'll take that.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

how is trent balke doing with the jaguars?  now hiring spielman whom took the vikings to.....nothing.

harbaugh win percent nfl.... 70 % .... five yrds from championship.  

anyway, no announcement yet.

amen.

He's just interviewing the Vikings today. 

And, he bailed on the Niners. So, he can **** himself. 

I was just making online money and saw the Flores story and it made me wonder about black/minority head coaches vs white ones and I'll be real here... besides the Pittsburgh coach was it Mike Tomlin. I really I can't think of any successful non white coaches besides pinball Mike Clemons in the CFL. Even our own Richie Hall struggled as head coach. Perhaps black coaches don't get hired cuz they aren't the best candidate? I mean it could be that simple and not racism based? Flores didn't have a bad record but didn't make playoffs so regardless.. I don't believe a white dude would get a 3rd year here nevermind down there with no playoffs in 3 seasons   

I mean can anyone think of some good black head coaches besides Tomlin and Pinball? Genuinely curious here  

Tony Dungy maybe too 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I was just making online money and saw the Flores story and it made me wonder about black/minority head coaches vs white ones and I'll be real here... besides the Pittsburgh coach was it Mike Tomlin. I really I can't think of any successful non white coaches besides pinball Mike Clemons in the CFL. Even our own Richie Hall struggled as head coach. Perhaps black coaches don't get hired cuz they aren't the best candidate? I mean it could be that simple and not racism based? Flores didn't have a bad record but didn't make playoffs so regardless.. I don't believe a white dude would get a 3rd year here nevermind down there with no playoffs in 3 seasons   

I mean can anyone think of some good black head coaches besides Tomlin and Pinball? Genuinely curious here  

Tony Dungy maybe too 

Why do you think race has anything to do with ability? 

This a hell of a story for those of us that think some NFL games are rigged.  The no pass interference against the rams, v. saints three or four years ago, that cost the saints a superbowl,birth..... proof enough for me. 

Brian Flores' lawyer, Douglas Wigdor, says on CNN they have "corroborating evidence" about the allegation Stephen Ross offered $100,000 per loss in 2019.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Why do you think race has anything to do with ability? 

On the field definitely,  as a head coach not at all.   

In the NFL I don't think it really plays much into a factor,  everything is about either winning or making money. They'll put whoever in charge that will follow that path.   At that high of a level they are not going to pick a white dude purely because of his skin,  the stakes are far to high for something like that.  In the CFL most definitely it does not play a factor,  former players make the best coaches because they know the CFL game which is a trait that barely any north american coaches have.  

On an amateur level/recreational level I assume the largest reason why it's predominately white men coaching is because in the States they have an insane number where 67% of black children are born into a single parent household.   On top of that the black population makes up only like 13% of the total population in the States.   Add in the poverty factor and it really gives the picture of why it's mostly white coaches in most ranks.    Factor in other culture differences (how many Asian coaches or even players play football?) and you have your answer why it's predominately white coaches.  

The NFL doing the mandatory interviews may of had good intentions but doing that never will fix "the issue".   Most teams have a guy they want to hire and by forcing them to do these pity interviews, it only misleads and provides a false sense of hope or in this case with Flores entitlement.   

Lets make up a scenario,  say the Bombers decide to fire every coach for whatever reason right at this minute.     Do you think a team like Ottawa would really need to interview both Richie Hall and Mike O'Shea to determine who would be a better guy to coach the Redblacks?   Clearly O'Shea would be the #1 guy they would want and why should they mislead Hall who may have other opportunities either as a HC or as a coordinator when he would basically have no shot at winning the job.