NFL thread

The Zipp

I will say this for their OT rules. At least it's not just taking possession on the other team's 40. You did have to work the length of the field. Buffalo needed their league-best D to stop the explosion plays and they just couldn't do it...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I will say this for their OT rules. At least it's not just taking possession on the other team's 40. You did have to work the length of the field. Buffalo needed their league-best D to stop the explosion plays and they just couldn't do it...

I don't the Chiefs would of either both those defenses looked gassed 

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I don't the Chiefs would of either both those defenses looked gassed 

and both offenses were outstanding. I saw a stat that both QBs had efficiency ratings over 120 or something, and it's the first time that's ever happened. Just an unreal display of the sport...

Here is an article on the statistics surrounding NFL vs NCAA overtime. FYI the CFL overtime is like NCAA (they start on the 25, is the 35, so field goals are the same length) except they are not required to go for a 2 point convert on a TD until the second OT, and from the 3rd OT and beyond, each team basically tries a 2 point convert (alternating one play drives). 

Suffice to say the stats bear out that the NCAA rules provide a “fairer” outcome. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/08/sport/football-overtime-rules-college-vs-nfl/index.html

53 minutes ago, bustamente said:

going to the Super Bowl with a second year qb who was coming off a terrible injury last year

burrow is cool as a cucumber. 

some very good young quarterbacks in the nfl right now. even the guy in Houston. not watson.

Andy Reid... his sons.... good coach, not much of a father.

Edited by Mark F

On 2022-01-30 at 6:59 PM, iHeart said:

This will be interesting Cincy's first Superbowl in years (?) and the rams first as an LA team

true, but the Rams were originally from Los Angeles.... heres a good article about the Rams that became movie actors.... in the days when the team was popular in California.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/01/31/11-times-the-los-angeles-rams-went-hollywood/

so have defences figured out mahomes?

Edited by Mark F