NFL thread

The Zipp

27 minutes ago, Tracker said:

In dealing with a severely addicted person, you get more with a kind word and a gun than you get with a kind word.

In the past I've mentioned I have experience with addictions in my immediate family. A drunk or addict will say ANYTHING to fool a person to get exactly what they want. It's sad but true. Addiction is a form of mental illness. AB doesn't want help then all the hope in the world won't be enough. At the same time, we aren't medical professionals. We can't make a diagnosis based on a 10 minute video & a couple of interviews thrown in. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Try telling an alcoholic or drug addict they can't do something until they get help when they don't want to. You'll be waiting a long time. 

Don't enable an addict by giving them the means to remain an addict.   Giving this guy more chances in the league won't ever help him out.   

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Don't enable an addict by giving them the means to remain an addict.   Giving this guy more chances in the league won't ever help him out.   

It's a double edged sword. Denial & lack of trust on both sides. It's tough on everyone involved. And things sometimes don't go the way they should. Words & actions. A lot of hurt.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

We watched two quarters of the Nickelodeon broadcast. A heck of a lot of fun. Analysis was non-existent but my youngest enjoyed it. 

I don't think they could replicate this with TSN but I wish they could. It would add another dimension to the game for kids.

Anything to get the younger generation involved. 

The only thing I wish the would do is spend more time explaining the game. Explaining why they make certain calls and how the derense is structured. It would go a long way to helping explain the game to the next generation. 

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

So AB has come and stipulated there is nothing wrong with his mental health.

You don't joke about people's mental health challenges period however I ask those who have criticized others who have not shamed his mental health issues but have criticized his antics, now what?

Nothing you can do about AB until he realizes he has a problem and needs help. His antics have been documented for years. He's self-destructive and needs some intervention. Won't help though, until he's sees it himself. I don't expect him to see it, though, and I worry for his (and those around him's) safety and wellbeing. 

these nfl playoff games are not very interesting.   bengal qb sacked nine times.lol. great o line.

game was won on very long field goals. titans qb first and last pass ... int.

final 19 to 16.

barnburner.🙄

Edited by Mark F

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

these nfl playoff games are not very interesting.   bengal qb sacked nine times.lol. great o line.

game was won on very long field goals. titans qb first and last pass ... int.

final 19 to 16.

barnburner.🙄

Burrows took a LOT of bad sacks. But, he's young, he'll learn. 

I wanted to ask someone who might know.... On the Cinci INT at the end of the game that set up the GW FG...... How was it not DPI? The DB had his arms around the receiver well before the ball got there. In the CFL it's overturned every time. Are the rules different down there? 

How can a team like Green Bay keep having these phenomenal regular seasons yet continue to choke in the playoffs? Just have this feeling that Aaron Rodgers & the Packers will go their separate ways now. Lots of unhappy fans in GB who'll blame Rodgers.  One Super Bowl ring for him. That's just incredible. 

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

AFC Championship game will have a good QB battle with Burrow against either Mahommes or Allen.

Thye AFC has the more interesting option. They have the 2 Young Guns throwing The New Way. The NFC has the 2 Old Guys throwing The New Way as well . They have nostalgia on their side. Some fans want Brady to win an 8th Super Bowl. Others want Stafford to win a SB because of all the crap Lions teams he played on where no matter what he did they had little or no chance to win.