That ONE win.....that ONE loss

TrueBlue4ever

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The entire 2019 playoffs were a revelation, albeit stressful. We beat the Stamps- great, but Bo-Levi was not good, then we beat the Riders on their turf, thanks in no small part to Fajardo hitting the goalpost with an errant pass, but that was so close a win that I was afraid what would happen against what had been a powerful TiCat team. And then the Grey Cup came. Although the Bombers were never in any danger of losing, I hard a a very hard time believing that they could be so dominant against a 15 & 3 team. I kept waiting for the 'Cats to rally and make a comeback but they just never got untracked. Gonna remember this for a long, long time.

Love how you describe each win as being the other team losing versus the Bombers winning.  This might shock you but the reason the Bombers won both games against Calgary was because they were the better team.  The goal post wasn't the only reason that that Saskatchewan lost and if by the end of the 3rd quarter of the Grey Cup you had any doubts, then I have to question whether you were actually paying attention at all.

Here's the thing, you can actually start believing that the Bombers are good, really good, and not just lucky. 

27 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Love how you describe each win as being the other team losing versus the Bombers winning.  This might shock you but the reason the Bombers won both games against Calgary was because they were the better team.  The goal post wasn't the only reason that that Saskatchewan lost and if by the end of the 3rd quarter of the Grey Cup you had any doubts, then I have to question whether you were actually paying attention at all.

Here's the thing, you can actually start believing that the Bombers are good, really good, and not just lucky. 

no kidding......Christ, I thought a Riders fan wrote Tracker's post...

50 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Love how you describe each win as being the other team losing versus the Bombers winning. 

This happens far too often that I can begin to describe, 

All teams get breaks and brain farts and bad calls. There’s always a lot of what ifs and questionable reffing. Huge plays all around, by both teams. Why are we the lucky ones? Seems to me, no matter how you look at it, if you win 3 games in a row against very good opponents, you must be doing something right.

And that goal post thing? Who the hell knows what would have happened in the end zone. Caught pass, interception, great defensive play, dropped ball..etc. Why are we the lucky ones when one of our own players set it up by dropping a sure interception? I’m sure fans would have said what great concentration it was for Moore to catch that ball..But I also saw 4 Bomber defenders and 2 Riders in the end zone. Nick Taylor was right there.

I try not to bring up reasons when we lose so I’m certainly not going to downplay games when we win.

48 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

This happens far too often that I can begin to describe, 

All teams get breaks and brain farts and bad calls. There’s always a lot of what ifs and questionable reffing. Huge plays all around, by both teams. Why are we the lucky ones? Seems to me, no matter how you look at it, if you win 3 games in a row against very good opponents, you must be doing something right.

And that goal post thing? Who the hell knows what would have happened in the end zone. Caught pass, interception, great defensive play, dropped ball..etc. Why are we the lucky ones when one of our own players set it up by dropping a sure interception? I’m sure fans would have said what great concentration it was for Moore to catch that ball..But I also saw 4 Bomber defenders and 2 Riders in the end zone. Nick Taylor was right there.

I try not to bring up reasons when we lose so I’m certainly not going to downplay games when we win.

Scoring a TD there still wasn't securing the win either, it would have setup the extra point to tie and go to overtime, so there was still plenty of ball to be played even if they did score.  Everyone keeps making it seem like Sask would have won on that play, but the game still wouldn't have been over.

The point of my comment was that, in 29 years, we've had our hearts broken repeatedly by the Bombers, even when it looked like they were shoo-in winners and its hard to believe that suddenly we were going all the way. The Riders, despite where they finished were not that good a team.

11 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Have you got a reason to be heartbroken in the 29th year?

Nope, but for many of the previous years, i felt like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football that Lucy was holding. She had yanked it away repeatedly, causing him to fall flat. She would then tell him to try again with promises that despite the past, this time would be different. He would hesitate, but with all manner of assurances, he would set aside his well-founded fears and charge at the ball, only to have it pulled away once again at the last moment. 

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Nope, but for many of the previous years, i felt like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football that Lucy was holding. She had yanked it away repeatedly, causing him to fall flat. She would then tell him to try again with promises that despite the past, this time would be different. He would hesitate, but with all manner of assurances, he would set aside his well-founded fears and charge at the ball, only to have it pulled away once again at the last moment. 

I hear you..

On 2020-01-04 at 8:56 AM, Tracker said:

except this time, Willie Jefferson showed up and slapped the ball out of her hands, told Charlie to hit the road and let Medlock do his thing!