Regina roll call

Fipz

12 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Tickets purchased this morning.... Bombers side, 23 rows up just like we have at IGF!   Gonna be a great time!  Heading out Saturday to take in some extra festivities, and hopefully another Jets/Bombers winning weekend!!

Have fun! I wish I could go again. Enjoy the popcorn!

22 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Tickets purchased this morning.... Bombers side, 23 rows up just like we have at IGF!   Gonna be a great time!  Heading out Saturday to take in some extra festivities, and hopefully another Jets/Bombers winning weekend!!

we are sitting section 136, where are you staying?

I won't be attending. Regina has gotten my 3 strike rule on attending games. I have had some good experiences over the years there but in the last 5-6 years I have had some poor experiences. I like the people of Regina, and if I were younger and looking for a party crowd, I would keep going. However, now middle aged, I find Regina just doesn't have the infrastructure to host events comfortably. I want to be able to stay in a decent, reasonably priced hotel that is near the stadium. I want to be able to get a cab without waiting an hour or hour(s). I want to be able to eat decent food without waiting a long time for a table. Therefore, I will be staying in Winnipeg where all of this can be easily accommodated.

For the same reason, I don't believe that Regina should be allowed to host the Grey Cup. I know that the NHL visiting media carved them up for the same reasons I have after the Heritage Classic.

Edited by gcn11

52 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I won't be attending. Regina has gotten my 3 strike rule on attending games. I have had some good experiences over the years there but in the last 5-6 years I have had some poor experiences. I like the people of Regina, and if I were younger and looking for a party crowd, I would keep going. However, now middle aged, I find Regina just doesn't have the infrastructure to host events comfortably. I want to be able to stay in a decent, reasonably priced hotel that is near the stadium. I want to be able to get a cab without waiting an hour or hour(s). I want to be able to eat decent food without waiting a long time for a table. Therefore, I will be staying in Winnipeg where all of this can be easily accommodated.

For the same reason, I don't believe that Regina should be allowed to host the Grey Cup. I know that the NHL visiting media carved them up for the same reasons I have after the Heritage Classic.

what do you consider reasonably priced?  I'm booked in a 10 minute walk from the stadium at what I would say is a pretty reasonable priced.    I guess if you're going to complain about places being busy, then really really not going for the atmosphere of an event such as this.  Do you expect places to be empty?  I probably wouldn't want to go there anyways...

59 minutes ago, firekid23 said:

we are sitting section 136, where are you staying?

we're in 142!

23 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

what do you consider reasonably priced?  I'm booked in a 10 minute walk from the stadium at what I would say is a pretty reasonable priced.    I guess if you're going to complain about places being busy, then really really not going for the atmosphere of an event such as this.  Do you expect places to be empty?  I probably wouldn't want to go there anyways...

we're in 142!

Dude I've been to 14 Grey Cups around this whole country. I've been to over 20 LDCs and numerous other games around the CFL. I know the difference between busy and incapable of handling the volume of business. Sooo...enjoy...but I will save my money on Regina and roll the dice that we get to Calgary. I suppose Regina this weekend won't be as bad as the Grey Cups they've hosted but I just won't go back there after two pretty lousy Grey Cup experiences there. If you like looong waits for cabs, or waiting in a restaurant lobby for an hour to be suited all the power to ya.

30 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

we're in 142!

where did you book? Any ideas on where to pre game? 

3 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

anybody know what airlines fly into Regina?  hopefully I wouldn't have to sit in the back of a 2 seater, open cockpit, crop duster and land on a grass run way to get there... it's a bit chilly out... 

Wow they've really upgraded since I last flew there

32 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Through Minneapolis?

yeah, Minneapolis... it's a smaller airport and normally had a short layover...  I think all in all it would take me about 4-4.5 hours to get from home to Winnipeg... 

I went to the Banjo Bowl last year and was planning on going back again this year but had a little accident, lol... my passport burned up in my brand new 2019 LTZ-Z71 club cab Silverado... it had less than 10,000 miles on her... firework incident on the 4th of July... wasn't my fault but still... burnt the thing to the ground! my passport was in the glove box because I had just used it as identification to renew my drivers license... I didn't realize it until August that my passport was gone and it takes at least 8 weeks to get a new one so I wasn't able to go to the game this year... which reminds me, I still need to get a new one! lol...

38 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

yeah, Minneapolis... it's a smaller airport and normally had a short layover...  I think all in all it would take me about 4-4.5 hours to get from home to Winnipeg... 

I went to the Banjo Bowl last year and was planning on going back again this year but had a little accident, lol... my passport burned up in my brand new 2019 LTZ-Z71 club cab Silverado... it had less than 10,000 miles on her... firework incident on the 4th of July... wasn't my fault but still... burnt the thing to the ground! my passport was in the glove box because I had just used it as identification to renew my drivers license... I didn't realize it until August that my passport was gone and it takes at least 8 weeks to get a new one so I wasn't able to go to the game this year... which reminds me, I still need to get a new one! lol...

That's quite the story, wow. 

6 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

I believe you posted a pic of your truck (what was left of it) on the other site. Was a pretty epic sight. Again, can't believe no one was hurt!

Edited by blue_or_die

2 hours ago, blue_or_die said:

I believe you posted a pic of your truck (what was left of it) on the other site. Was a pretty epic sight. Again, can't believe no one was hurt!

below is a pic of what $1300 worth of fireworks can do to a $65,000 truck in less than 20 mins... lol...

36 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Oops, didn't realize you were coming from the U.S.

that's cool, thanks for responding anyway...

7cckGwlI-ZKI6R039fFqiju7V8mu9B86NDB8uYdl