Regina roll call

Fipz

Regina roll call!!!

Lots of tickets available for the game on Sunday. I’m planning on going and are wanting to know where to pregame and where Bombers fans are sitting.  Let’s go blue!!!!

Edited by Fipz
Accidentally named topic after username...

27 minutes ago, firekid23 said:

my brother and I will be driving there, staying at Quality Inn on Victoria. Any one else? Any advice for our first trip to regina for a game?

We were there (not far from where you're staying) last year for the WSF. 

Have fun. It's not too bad downtown. You can catch a bus out front of the Delta to take you to the stadium (for free - shuttle to and from)

When we were in Regina for the LDC, we took an Uber. From the East end of town, it costs us $20. I would do that if I were you, since it's fast and cheap. 

The Fat Badger is a decent place for an after game meal and drink downtown. 

Be respectful and the fans treat you great. Even more important after the Bombers beat the Riders. 

Edited by JCon

28 minutes ago, JCon said:

We were there (not far from where you're staying) last year for the WSF. 

Have fun. It's not too bad downtown. You can catch a bus out front of the Delta to take you to the stadium (for free - shuttle to and from)

When we were in Regina for the LDC, we took an Uber. From the East end of town, it costs us $20. I would do that if I were you, since it's fast and cheap. 

The Fat Badger is a decent place for an after game meal and drink downtown. 

Be respectful and the fans treat you great. Even more important after the Bombers beat the Riders. 

Please define "not too bad" 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Please define "not too bad" 

Well, the city is full of Rider fans, so you get what you get.

We were four forty-something year old males, so we were not bothered by anyone. It was cold out, so not many people mulling about after the game, in the evening. Before the game there were lots of Rider and Bomber fans around. 

32 minutes ago, JCon said:

This is so true... the keyboard warriors can be complete asshats... but the actual people at the games are generally good prairie folk, like us... 

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

This is so true... the keyboard warriors can be complete asshats... but the actual people at the games are generally good prairie folk, like us... 

Absolutely! We a few fans jeered us but all in good fun. I have had a wonderful experience in the stands both times at Mosaic. 

On 2019-11-12 at 10:53 AM, Booch said:

they have electricity..runing water in most venues and streets are paved

Making strides from my last visit there when we won the first ever game played at the new stadium.

Hmm...

Win the first game at IGF West ✔️

Win the first playoff game at IGF West ✔️

Win the first West Final at IGF West...Sunday ✔️

Win the first Grey Cup at IGF West...coming in 2020 ✔️

Edited by Geebrr

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Making strides from my last visit there when we won the first ever game played at the new stadium.

Hmm...

Win the first game at IGF West ✔️

Win the first playoff game at IGF West ✔️

Win the first West Final at IGF West...Sunday ✔️

Win the first Grey Cup at IGF West...coming in 2021 ✔️

technically your third and fourth points shouldn't have a check beside them... they're on the "to do" list but not complete yet...

I should add... We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and walked to Mosaic for the WSF. Could have caught the bus but made a wrong turn. No biggie, it's a pretty quick walk. 

The hotel was filled with football fans. They let us check in early (on the Sunday before the game started). The breakfast was pretty good (for being included with the stay). Not much going on around downtown but we ate at the Fat Badger after the game. We left early on Monday. 

For the LDC, we stayed at the East end of town at the Days Inn. Further out but lots of food and other things to choose from. Breakfast was good and included. We stayed two nights and enjoyed the pool, water slide and hot tub. Those are not available at the Holiday Inn Express. The place was filled with football fans.