QB

jammer

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

According to someone on that other (dead) site... MOS said something on his show about once a player has been declared a QB, you can't change it. That could mean during the year or it could mean ever, but Sinopoli makes me think it's during the year only. 

I put the quotes on here. You can go back and read them. He said that the way you start the season is usually how you're treated. 

Does anyone know whether a third QB would be prevented from dressing next season if he were to be declared as a DI? I believe the plan is that teams will be able to dress 21 NATs, 20 INTs, 2 QBs and 2 Global players for a total of 45 (same as this year) and to have a 46-man roster with one inactive (same as this year). So why couldn't a third QB be dressed as one of the 20 INTs, provided that the team did not put two QBs in the game at the same time? That way the third guy could still do short-yardage plays, could hold for snaps and could play special teams (and be available at QB if the other two got hurt). If that is not permitted (and to be clear I expect it will be), some teams will have 3 QBs on the 46 and the third will be the inactive player, just as Toronto often had four on the 46 this year and then made the fourth guy the inactive player.