QB

jammer

1 hour ago, TheAardvark said:

So, those are our 2 QB's for next season?  Because we can only have 2...  McGuire can't go on the PR without voiding the contract you are quoting...

There would still be reserve spots where a 3rd QB could live on the roster.

It would be insane for teams to not carry at least 3 QB's, whether you can dress them all or not.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I hear ya...but that's where I played some of my ball so know area very...very well...I remember when living out there some teamates..former gang bangers who escaped the life took us into some areas....let me tell you I was glad we were with them as they were revered as hero's/celebrities there and made it safe...but would never have went there alone...and was told not to either hahaha

They didn't even like going back...that area is the spawning ground of what was the gangster rap/hard core hip hop scene

You sure that doesn't have a double-meaning? 😂

Ban!

Edited by M.O.A.B.

12 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Question...... why is it more probable that Big Chris is going to get hurt running the ball X amount of times in a game..... as opposed to Andrew Harris getting hurt running the ball ?....... I know the rbs can get hurt as well,  but nobody worries about it as much happening (?) 

Its a completely different type of running, and skill set. Rbs get low, run behind their pads and the best ones that last dont get hit square on a lot. 

When a qb scrambles they are upright. You have to keep the ball live to pass as long as possible to stop the D from clamping down on you early. And that leads to running tall. You cant absorb nearly as much of the impact with your pads and pre loaded body. 

A rb like harris is like a battering ram. Initiating contact causing the force of impact to be split with the defender, when you initiate and arent exploded from low hips behind your pads you take more of the blow.

On top of all that, qbs get hit un protected every couple of games at best. Qbs, also have to maintain healthy arm and body rotation. A RB can play and play well with mild shoulder and hand issues. 

You see a lot of injuries with tall rbs that dont get low and power through the line. Qbs cant run like that. A rb can be a battering ram for a career. Qbs, cant. 

Edited by wbbfan

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

What's truly impressive about Strev's running is doing it with Northern Skunk's head jammed that far up there....

If you haven't noticed Big Chris pretty much has his own bandwagon fired up and filling up fast..... also it's a good thing I aint a whiner eh lol.....

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Its a completely different type of running, and skill set. Rbs get low, run behind their pads and the best ones that last dont get hit square on a lot. 

When a qb scrambles they are upright. You have to keep the ball live to pass as long as possible to stop the D from clamping down on you early. And that leads to running tall. You cant absorb nearly as much of the impact with your pads and pre loaded body. 

A rb like harris is like a battering ram. Initiating contact causing the force of impact to be split with the defender, when you initiate and arent exploded from low hips behind your pads you take more of the blow.

On top of all that, qbs get hit un protected every couple of games at best. Qbs, also have to maintain healthy arm and body rotation. A RB can play and play well with mild shoulder and hand issues. 

You see a lot of injuries with tall rbs that dont get low and power through the line. Qbs cant run like that. A rb can be a battering ram for a career. Qbs, cant. 

I agree with all of this. Except when talking about Streveler. He runs as close to a running back as any qb ever. Initiating contact, running past/through tackles. Streveler would have a successful career as a rb if he choose to.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I agree with all of this. Except when talking about Streveler. He runs as close to a running back as any qb ever. Initiating contact, running past/through tackles. Streveler would have a successful career as a rb if he choose to.

he doesnt dip before contact. Once contacted he does, but hes already taken considerable impact at that point. passing the line especially you see a lot of arm tackles, you take a lot of abuse on the hip and legs running through arm tackles up right. 

He might. He doesnt have the first step explosive quickness, but has strong top end speed. He has great aggression and toughness. I dont know if he has the vision as a runner, he hasnt run the option / zone read well at all to date. Trent richardson comes to mind, but with better top end speed but with a greater toughness. 

New material on the market:
Strevelon. 
Guaranteed tough. 
Takes a pummelling and keeps on rumbling. 
Wrinkle free. Tumble dries. 
Comes with a warning about handling only with one’s arms. 
Eats up time and space, and is very efficient in small areas.
Makes everything around it look better.
Read the directions carefully. Missed directions is always a common offshoot.
Economical too. Running mostly on nickels. Can be changed to work in other quarters.
Limited time offer...

With this new rule of only 2 qb's next year you could conceivably see a team re-asign a QB to a new position...A smart move would to designate him as a RB/FB and you could bring him in in wildcat as many times as you want with another QB on the field...in our double headed monster scheme you could use it as a sub package as well where you didn't have to specifically sub the guy in and out f...so you could run tempo flipping back and forth between them and not allowing the defense to make substitutions...imagine going no huddle with Harris..Strev and at moment Collaros all set up behind center and start all that misdirection stuff...is Strev gonna take it and run...or read option and pass...Will it go to Harris directly?...perhaps Collaros takes the snap...is it a pitch to Harris to the  right?..swing pass to Strev to the left...or a run up the gut...is it a fake and Collaros goes downfield...be interesting to say the least

The best would be a pitch back to Strev...who could stilll pass it..or run it...how would a defense cope?

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

With this new rule of only 2 qb's next year you could conceivably see a team re-asign a QB to a new position...A smart move would to designate him as a RB/FB and you could bring him in in wildcat as many times as you want with another QB on the field...in our double headed monster scheme you could use it as a sub package as well where you didn't have to specifically sub the guy in and out f...so you could run tempo flipping back and forth between them and not allowing the defense to make substitutions...imagine going no huddle with Harris..Strev and at moment Collaros all set up behind center and start all that misdirection stuff...is Strev gonna take it and run...or read option and pass...Will it go to Harris directly?...perhaps Collaros takes the snap...is it a pitch to Harris to the  right?..swing pass to Strev to the left...or a run up the gut...is it a fake and Collaros goes downfield...be interesting to say the least

The best would be a pitch back to Strev...who could stilll pass it..or run it...how would a defense cope?

I don't see that happening. CFL rosters are too small to mess around with a gimmick system like that. When you have to play starters on your special teams, you aren't going to use up a position playing a 3rd QB in a non-QB role. Why have a QB who does nothing but run when you can have an actual running back? If a QB can throw well enough, then make him a QB. If he can't, you don't want him on the team instead of an Augustine or Oilviera.

9 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I don't see that happening. CFL rosters are too small to mess around with a gimmick system like that. When you have to play starters on your special teams, you aren't going to use up a position playing a 3rd QB in a non-QB role. Why have a QB who does nothing but run when you can have an actual running back? If a QB can throw well enough, then make him a QB. If he can't, you don't want him on the team instead of an Augustine or Oilviera.

Totally could happen...would you rather not have that guy on roster who is actually a QB in case your 2 go down....and Strev can throw...you make it seem like he can't...

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Totally could happen...would you rather not have that guy on roster who is actually a QB in case your 2 go down....and Strev can throw...you make it seem like he can't...

First - extremely rare that both your QB's go down in one game. And how often do we ever see a third stringer get into a game?

Second - I am not saying Streveler can't throw. But you are presenting a game plan where he is acting like a runner, not a passer. You don't need a second QB on the field with him to make the opposition guard against him running or passing, he can do that himself at the QB position. And with Adams being able to throw as well, and Demski, Harris, and Streveler being able to be in the back field at one time, we already have a system that offers those multiple looks. Don't need to add a second QB to that mix to confuse the issue. Not at the sake of another roster position, anyway.