QB

jammer

I think Strev knows that, and I also believe he isn't going to explore going anywhere else to be honest...this team (players) already respects the hell out of him and will go through a wall for him...as he would for them, and even though he has been on again off again starter, and still a work in progress...everyone in the huddle on both sides of the ball know this is his team...he solidified that in the WSF....

Edited by Booch

On 2019-11-11 at 1:38 PM, Booch said:

and it finally dawned on me who he throws like when I was away in cali and seen players up close and its Phillip Rivers..and he has done just fine..and that throwing motion is less likely to have shoulder issues..as shown by his relatively healthy career

Absolutely. The first time I saw him throw I thought of Rivers.

Not that I'm a professional qb, but I've thrown the ball like that for years now, and it's much easier on your shoulder and elbow.

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Absolutely. The first time I saw him throw I thought of Rivers.

Not that I'm a professional qb, but I've thrown the ball like that for years now, and it's much easier on your shoulder and elbow.

I couldn't recall who it was for the life of me...but when I seen him live in Oakland last week it hit me!

I also throw the ball mainly with arm and wrist like that...no strain whatsoever on the shoulder and with a flick of the wrist you be surprised the distance you can get if your strong...which Srev is

27 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Better question is are the Bombers still pretending that Nichols is a bonafide QB? Collaros has outplayed him in both games so far.

show your work.... 

I am willing to be convinced, but I need to see some evidence, cause to me they're basically doing the same things overall. 

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think Strev knows that, and I also believe he isn't going to explore going anywhere else to be honest...this team (players) already respects the hell out of him and will go through a wall for him...as he would for them, and even though he has been on again off again starter, and still a work in progress...everyone in the huddle on both sides of the ball know this is his team...he solidified that in the WSF....

I would not be surprised if some NFL team takes a look at him to run packages like Taysom Hill does for the Saints

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

I couldn't recall who it was for the life of me...but when I seen him live in Oakland last week it hit me!

I also throw the ball mainly with arm and wrist like that...no strain whatsoever on the shoulder and with a flick of the wrist you be surprised the distance you can get if your strong...which Srev is

yeah well screw you guys. Some of us have to have the big long extended wind up and it's very little to do with the arm at all. 

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

Why not?

he's not NFL material, he doesn't bring enough to the table for someone to sign him for gadget type plays... much like Tebow, his best bet to make an NFL team would be to switch positions, and I still don't see it happening... don't get me wrong, I love me some Streveler but the NFL has already taken a peek and it was a hard pass by all...

5 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

he's not NFL material, he doesn't bring enough to the table for someone to sign him for gadget type plays... much like Tebow, his best bet to make an NFL team would be to switch positions, and I still don't see it happening... don't get me wrong, I love me some Streveler but the NFL has already taken a peek and it was a hard pass by all...

The problem with Tebow was that you had to make him your starter. You couldn't have him as just a gadget player. He was paid too much and too high profile. He was a victim of his "fame". 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

The problem with Tebow was that you had to make him your starter. You couldn't have him as just a gadget player. He was paid too much and too high profile. He was a victim of his "fame". 

I think you're right... I really liked Tebow and thought that maybe he was given up on a little early but that is probably because I thought he was a good person and was rooting for him too, though...

Honestly I wasn't even really wow'd by Arbuckle when he played.    I'm much more curious on how Streveler and McGuire could play after spending this much time with the club already.   

I'd rather the team focus on signing Willie Jefferson long term and bring in a quality receiver if possible over trying to outbid Toronto and Ottawa on procuring a starting qb. 

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've been so impressed with The Irishman every time I've seen him. I'm more inclined to give him more of an opportunity than to pay for a "never-was" like Masoli. Of the FA options, Arbuckle is the only guy I'd take a flyer on just to see....

From the little I've seen of McGuire...I tend to agree and he has impressed....We kept him over Bennett for a reason... We don't even know for sure what we have here...Masoli will most likely want to stay east...Arbuckle will go where the money is....How much are we willing to spend once we re-up Streveler??

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Nichols six years and was a part  of one play off win with the Bombers.   Collaros two games and is a part of one play off win with the Bombers.   

AND IF he takes us all the way and wins a Cup....Going to be hard to say adios....see ya... and just give him a glad hand for his service...This is when gm's earn their dough

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

I would not be surprised if some NFL team takes a look at him to run packages like Taysom Hill does for the Saints

Lamar Jackson was picked 32nd overall. I'm not saying that they're in the same league athletically, but I wouldn't be surprised if Strev garners interest because of what Jackson is doing with his legs.

Strev is no where near accurate enough to play in the NFL ...and in no way can his throwing or running even be compared to Lamar Jackson.

Strev is a warrior but I don't think a full time starting job is even going to pan out for him in the CFL.  Even with some more development I just don't see it - he will always be a scrambler cause he is so good at it but that is going to get him on a short path to the medical tent and  the injured list...GM's know that.

He will be a great backup / short yardage guy who can break the game open in a couple of plays but that is it.