What a story...

CodyT

Got to feel somewhat rewarded as bomber fans.. In many prior years this game wouldn't have gone our way. Nice to feel somewhat hopeful in the playoffs.

and what a great story with Collaros facing his former team in the playoffs! I like the Bombers chances too. 

Lets follow Mr Osheas cue and go 1-0 this week. One at a time fellas. Congrats to the die hards, the coaching staff who did all the right things against Calgary, and the players who laid it on the line and came through for us.

Bring on the west finals..

Yup, the stars are aligning so far for quite the fairytale story. An often concussed QB given up on and traded away, never to be heard from again, rises from the ashes to lead his new team to glory. Would be quite the story. He seems like a quiet, soft spoken guy, but man, you've gotta think he is more than fired up to go into Sask and stick it to his former team. Gonna be fun!

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

The game that Montreal lost today, is the kind of game that the Bombers used to lose.  Gritty, hard fought game, with some good moments, but critical mistakes and just not quite getting it done in the end.  The Montreal team today reminded me very much of the Bombers in the recent past. 

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup, the stars are aligning so far for quite the fairytale story. An often concussed QB given up on and traded away, never to be heard from again, rises from the ashes to lead his new team to glory. Would be quite the story. He seems like a quiet, soft spoken guy, but man, you've gotta think he is more than fired up to go into Sask and stick it to his former team. Gonna be fun!

I agree the collaros story is really awesome. I will be the first to admit I wrote Collaros off and was unimpressed when the Bombers signed him.

Watching him in the media, the way he carries himself, has made me a fan. Hoping for a feel good story for him

Just now, Brandon said:

He will have to be better next week,   he had an equal amount of good passes to ugly passes that should of been picked off.  

I'd like to see a more vertical attack and less horizontal game....

I hear ya... but call me a believer that cold weather DOES make a difference for quarterbacks passing 

1 minute ago, CodyT said:

I hear ya... but call me a believer that cold weather DOES make a difference for quarterbacks passing 

No doubt about that,   but it was the decisions similar to BLM of throwing into double/triple coverage which was more concerning. 

I think with ZC part of the issues were the frequent bad snaps...  that needs to get cleaned up as well.

56 minutes ago, Brandon said:

No doubt about that,   but it was the decisions similar to BLM of throwing into double/triple coverage which was more concerning. 

I think with ZC part of the issues were the frequent bad snaps...  that needs to get cleaned up as well.

Bombers were very, very fortunate that those bad snaps did not cost them bigly.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Geez. We just whooped the Stampeders on their home turf and all some people can talk about is lucky this and lucky that about snaps and missed interceptions...

As if Calgary didn’t go through the same thing.

Appreciate the story..it’s unfolding quite nicely, even with some miscues...

Yes, clearly, the Stamps didn’t have any miscues or mistakes. I mean, their receivers never ran incorrect routes or anything like that. No undisciplined penalties either. 

19 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Yes, clearly, the Stamps didn’t have any miscues or mistakes. I mean, their receivers never ran incorrect routes or anything like that. No undisciplined penalties either. 

In football a lot of times miscues and mistakes are direct result of scheme faced...wrong route on several throws were due to bomber coverage being different after snap from what they showed pre snap..and did all year causing CGY confusion and not allowing receiver to be were they wanted to be..and db's being in spots post snap were they normally wouldn't have been..hence the 3 pics..plus we dropped a couple too..

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

In football a lot of times miscues and mistakes are direct result of scheme faced...wrong route on several throws were due to bomber coverage being different after snap from what they showed pre snap..and did all year causing CGY confusion and not allowing receiver to be were they wanted to be..and db's being in spots post snap were they normally wouldn't have been..hence the 3 pics..plus we dropped a couple too..

I assumed as much, especially after BLMs comments, but I was waiting to get your assessment of that.

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Stories not over yet.  Let's wait for the final chapter to be written.  

When you're making love to a beautiful woman, do you tell yourself, let's wait for the climax before deciding if this was any good? Or do you savour each and every moment along the path to that climax? :D

14 minutes ago, J5V said:

When you're making love to a beautiful woman, do you tell yourself, let's wait for the climax before deciding if this was any good? Or do you savour each and every moment along the path to that climax? :D

Oooh. You are assuming all here are straight, but in any case its a false equivalency. To use your analogy, it would like stopping at first base and saying "this is good enough". 

50 minutes ago, J5V said:

A man walks into a bar and sees an old man sitting by himself

He sits next to the man, who obviously already had a few and starts a conversation. The old man tells him: "You see that dock out there? Built it myself, hand crafted each piece, and it's the best dock in town! But do they call me "McGregor the dock builder"? No! And you see that bridge over there? I built that, took me two months, through rain, sleet and scoarching weather, but do they call me "McGregor the bridge builder"? No! And you see that pier over there, I built that, best pier in the county! But do they call me "McGregor the pier builder"? No!" The old man then leans in closer: "but you f@@# one horse..."

( and now you want to do it to a gopher?)

Ok- one troll tapping out and heading home-  congrats again on yesterday,  have a great week and we'll see you in mosaic , safe travels to all

Edited by VoR

5 hours ago, J5V said:

Wow! Never thought we’d be discussing my sex life and if I climax (not the little town in Saskatchewan).  Anyway just so everyone can rest easy. No problems that I know of or any complaints. 

But if you fly in a plane and you don’t get to your final destination. Is it still a successful flight? 

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/streveler-collaros-credit-offensive-line-for-making-dual-qb-attack-effective~1825800

Quite the bro-mance brewing between Collaros and Streveler.  Streveler looks at Collaros like a little brother looking up at his big bro with hero worship and admiration on his face.  Strevs is just so genuine and wears his heart on his sleeve.  Hard not to love the guy.