WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Suitor is among the worst in any sport.  He has a scripted narrative for every game and he has to make what happens on the field fit that.  His telestrator work is garbage, the sport has passed him by.

To further your point, on Calgary's first TD to Begelton where he outruns WJ to the corner, Suitor goes off about how it's a "game of angles" which, to me, did not describe what happened at all. That man is a total fraud as an analyst. 

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue75 said:

My ideal pairing would be Dunigan and Neilson. The games that Neilson has done play-by-play for this season I quite enjoyed.  My guess is though, that being the newbie he won’t get a playoff game. Honestly I don’t mind Black all that much. He makes me laugh with his ridiculous/clueless things he says. Suitor on the other hand I absolutely can not stand. 

I used to laugh too but after many years of it it has lost it's novelty and I just can't bear to listen to him any more in any sport. I think what bothers me most about TSN's CFL coverage is the low baseline of intelligence that they subject the majority of football fans to. They insult us for the sake of a few clueless morons. It should be the other way around. Give us intelligent commentary and let the few clueless fans suffer to understand what is being said. Just imagine how much more enjoyable that would be to listen to. Thank gawd for Bob Irving and CJOB.

14 minutes ago, J5V said:

I used to laugh too but after many years of it it has lost it's novelty and I just can't bear to listen to him any more in any sport. I think what bothers me most about TSN's CFL coverage is the low baseline of intelligence that they subject the majority of football fans to. They insult us for the sake of a few clueless morons. It should be the other way around. Give us intelligent commentary and let the few clueless fans suffer to understand what is being said. Just imagine how much more enjoyable that would be to listen to. Thank gawd for Bob Irving and CJOB.

AKA: Rider fans

Edited by Tracker

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Whoa there dude..... I stated that I felt matt wasn't as tough a football player as others before him....or others that are playing today.  YOU asked if it was because of his parents ..... you mentioned his family first.  And you continue to bring them into this not me.  

Not going to debate this with you. Other than to say that I never bring a player or coach's family into any discussion, I never brought it up with Nichols. You did. Discussion over. 

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

re: broadcasters.... I enjoy Gord Miller and Dunigan, but I'd certainly take Cuthbert and Dunigan. 

I think Benevides might be decent.  It's nice to have people who are more current to identify schemes and what O and D are doing, like people who have played or coached in this era.  Forde is really good but Rod Black rarely shuts up long enough.

I find Cuthbert really struggling in the past few years to identify players etc.  The TSN play-by-play is really bad too.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

@SpeedFlex27 Paul Robson just on the CJOB pregame show talking about that 1972 game. Man he still sounds angry about it. Unreal.... 8 years before I was born but I can't imagine the rage I would still have to this day. 

Just imagine the clusterfuck that officiating would have been on a bunch of kicks with No Yards.  Can't even get it right now with replay and super slo-mo.

Just now, Noeller said:

@SpeedFlex27 Paul Robson just on the CJOB pregame show talking about that 1972 game. Man he still sounds angry about it. Unreal.... 8 years before I was born but I can't imagine the rage I would still have to this day. 

Did he talk about how Mickey Doyle was stuffing George Reed all first half so the Riders targeted Doyle and blew out his knee for the second half and Reed had a field day running the ball after that?

I hate that team.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, to exorcize that demon would make a lot of Bomber fans & players feel better. That loss was horrible. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

TSN 75% talk about Riders. 25% Bombers.

I’ve never had more fun mocking Suitor mercilessly as he tried to explain away every Rider failure through his disgusting green goggles.  So many excuses... the guy was practically apologizing on national television for CoFaj’s oblique injury 🙄

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

Suitor was terrible tonight. Jeeze I heard about each Rider player and about how each guy played in big games before and tidbits about what school they went and how awesome they were.

He salivated over Eliminian being the cream of the crop and barely mentioned about Bighill.

He really shouldn't be allowed to call Rider games in the play offs.