WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

Happy to see both Gray and Eli on the DC, although at the expense of Whitehead, which is unfortunate. I understand he hasn't done much in a long time but it's hard not to cheer for the guy. You'd think that with the versatility he brings, he could be kept as a backup SB to slot in on situations. That said, there's a limited roster size so I get it.

Quite happy with the rest of the DC.

I wish I could be as optimistic as some of you on the board.  But I worry about the Riders defence and their dbag players who don't give a rats ass about intentionally taking a illegal shot at the opponents players.  I wouldn't doubt if there was a bounty on the head of Collaros and Streveller.  Now that everyone knows that Streveler has a wonky ankle.  I can see a few twists of the ankle on tackles and a few high shots on Collaros.  They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

I'm hoping for a win but I just can't be as optimistic as some of you. 

In case anybody was wondering-- here are Andrew Harris' numbers since coming back: 

7 game total

98 Carries for 525 yards = 5.4 YPC

26 Catches for 368 yards = 14.2 YPC

893 yards Total 

Average  per game 

14 Carries for 75 Yards per Game (5.4 YPCarry)

3.7 Catches for 52.6 Yards per Game (14.2 YPCatch) 

17.7 Touches per game for 127.6 Yards per Game  = 7.2 Yards per touch 

In summary :

Edited by Geebrr

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I wish I could be as optimistic as some of you on the board.  But I worry about the Riders defence and their dbag players who don't give a rats ass about intentionally taking a illegal shot at the opponents players.  I wouldn't doubt if there was a bounty on the head of Collaros and Streveller.  Now that everyone knows that Streveler has a wonky ankle.  I can see a few twists of the ankle on tackles and a few high shots on Collaros.  They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

Explain this to me why do Blue Bomber fans who currently live in Calgary all showed limited confidence in THIS team? BBRRT, Blue in Calgary, and you. All the same BS.

I guess living in Calgary around the Stamps leads some of you to think the Bombers are just a sorry sad sack compared to.

Interesting, Gaitor still resides on the 1 game IR, perhaps cooler heads prevailed and Walters vetoed O'Shea's immediate dismissal. 

Too bad for Lucky, he showed early on in the season what he could do unfortunately LaPo couldn't find a way to consistently exploit his talent, doubt he comes back next year.  

10 minutes ago, GOLD MEMBER said:

Explain this to me why do Blue Bomber fans who currently live in Calgary all showed limited confidence in THIS team? BBRRT, Blue in Calgary, and you. All the same BS.

I guess living in Calgary around the Stamps leads some of you to think the Bombers are just a sorry sad sack compared to.

well as part of the calgary contingent I am offended that you lump us in with the negatrons. 

all you're missing from this post is the phrase "you people" 

25 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Bombers are tougher, simple as that.  If the riders play dirty they will get taken out cleanly. It's a mafia way ain't it ?

19 minutes ago, GOLD MEMBER said:

Wow...you've been posting here for a week now and you've already put labels on us.  You've already figured us all out and you're basing you're opinion on 1 post.  Congratulations!  You got me pegged.   I'm a negatron, pessimistic, Bomber hater  45 year long Bomber fan who lives and dies by this team.  But yes I don't wear blue and gold glasses and I call it like it is.    

But you know better so carry on!

53 minutes ago, GOLD MEMBER said:

Goldie first of all it BBRT vs. BBRRT! You must have been shaking while typing this. :) I do live in Calgary but not a Stamps fan and of course can not afford Flames Tickets! My confidence in the team is built around the fact that I do not believe Richie Hall is the answer as the DC for the team. I do have limited confidence in the team simply because they have not accomplished all that much over the past number of years. I try to be realistic in my opinions (and remember they are just opinions - same as yours). I do believe that the game tomorrow is a toss up. Either team could pull out the win - it is just that close.

For the record I do have season tickets to the Stamps but it is a business write-off and even at that could not justify season tickets to the Flames. Hopefully my confidence will be improved after Sunday but at the moment too close to call IMHO. And at the end of the day we can all agree to disagree - that is what I love about forums such as this.

Edited by BBRT
spelling

9 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Lapo openly gushed about Lucky's speed, yet never utilized it outside of the occasional sweep.

Speed only has so much value when the guy isn't a very good route runner.  Easy to defend guys who can only run in straight lines.

If Whitehead could catch punts we never would have signed Janarion Grant.  Whitehead just doesn't bring enough to the roster.

44 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Wow...you've been posting here for a week now and you've already put labels on us.  You've already figured us all out and you're basing you're opinion on 1 post.  Congratulations!  You got me pegged.   I'm a negatron, pessimistic, Bomber hater  45 year long Bomber fan who lives and dies by this team.  But yes I don't wear blue and gold glasses and I call it like it is.    

But you know better so carry on!

Yes I am new here but am an original from the other site. Formerly the Blue Bonger (12,000+ posts) and of course my current handle GOLD MEMBER (18,000+ posts) . I didn’t mean to peg you Calgarians but I guess it must be that Calgary air of realism spiking your brains, lol.

Anyways we are all on the same side and I believe we move on and Regina will go home crying in there dirty mouldy melon rinds.

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

Ya, we know.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Interesting, Gaitor still resides on the 1 game IR, perhaps cooler heads prevailed and Walters vetoed O'Shea's immediate dismissal. 

Too bad for Lucky, he showed early on in the season what he could do unfortunately LaPo couldn't find a way to consistently exploit his talent, doubt he comes back next year.  

Well I dont think MOS ever said he was released. Just that he left the team.