WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

Just now, JCon said:

Do they.... do they think the Blue Bombers post on MBB? I mean, who cares if we're confident?

I mean, in their defense, they're dumber than a pile of cow turds in a field... So, it is what it is.

Those stumble-jumpers are always good for a chuckle.

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Back to the actual game, can we not use Demski and Petermann interchangeably like we do with ZC and CS depending on the situation?

They actually use Demski to alternate with Harris. Last game, the Stamps are keying on Harris, they switched the two, Harris to the slot and Demski to the RB. 

7 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

They actually use Demski to alternate with Harris. Last game, the Stamps are keying on Harris, they switched the two, Harris to the slot and Demski to the RB. 

Okay, then I say add a few plays leaving in Harris and interchange Demski and Petermann depending on the situation.  I  believe that's called a wrinkle. :)

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Petermann is fast but I don't think he's as fast as Demski. Good YAC player. It would be nice to see Petermann get some touches.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

Petermann is fast but I don't think he's as fast as Demski. Good YAC player. It would be nice to see Petermann get some touches.

Petermann has demonstrated on the few occasions he has been given that he can get you those tough 7 8 yards you need for a first down.

Demski probably played his best game as a Bomber last week, let's not stop that momentum but sprinkle in Petermann now and then to keep Sask's D off balance. Make those halfbacks, corners and the safety work hard.

OK, removing all the Media Hype that became so repetitive it was annoying. The amount of story's on Cody Fajardo's injuries was ridiculous. Just about all of the stories were coming from the Eastern media. There has been so much focus on that QB that there has been zero focus anywhere else. It almost seems like a distraction. In fact cfl.ca has Craig Dickenson suggesting they are going to use all 3 of their QB's!  I doubt that's the case. Unless he means short yardage but he dosent say that.

At a glance this game is so evenly matched its really to hard to call.  For every strength the Bombers have, SK has one. For every weakness SK has we do too. I really don't think anyone should be looking past this game.  Some of the earlier comments I've read I cant honestly believe that a knowledgable fan would truly think that. Sometimes we are talking or writing from an emotional place and not a smart place. How many points we beat them in the Banjo Bowl dosen't mean a thing. The fact that SK won both their home games and we won our home game further instills these 2 teams are pretty evenly matched.

The win in Calgary was everything positive that could it can possibly be. Im glad that will help with a little more confidence. But again any smart football fan could see that Bo was seriously off of his game. He was missing open receivers with no pressure on him. I call that game a positive karma game given to the Bombers from the football Gods. If we think back we have seen that happen in Calgary before. Where the Stampeders fell apart. They were fumbling and throwing Ints.

If Jim Popp wouldn't have been fired in Toronto I don't think any of us would be having this discussion right now. As its been said that Pop would not have traded Zach Collaros. Where we all know there wasn't any deal struck with PinBall Clemonts. So now that we have Collaros we have as good a chance as anyone to win the Grey Cup. But I would like to point out that as much of a surprise as it would be or will be playing Zach against Hamilton or Edmonton. They haven't faced the Bombers with Zach. The reason I didn't put the Riders in there is because their DC Jason Shivers has known Zach all of last season and of course the beginning of this year. So out of the 3 other DC's left. SK has the DC that knows Collaros the best. The last thing I want to say on this is... Thank goodness Riders GM Jeremy O'Day traded Zach Collaros. Otherwise Zach wouldn't be here and SK would have had 2 great QB's this season. That in itself is hard to comprehend. As they totally lucked out on Fajardo! 

Now if we take out all the "possible" Injuries on both sides and just discussing head to head. The weather is not going to be a factor. The crowd will be loud and will probably create some disruption. But I'm sure LaPo knows exactly what to do to communicate. I'm positive SK will have their MLB spying Streveler on every play he is inserted into the game. The weather looks to be 6C and I'm hoping the wind will be a non factor. We all know when that wind gets going. The team with the wind in the 4th get quite the advantage. So far the reports are not saying much for wind. 

In order for the Bombers to win Zach needs to have several long drives with points at the end f each drive. No turn overs and hopefully recover one of their turn overs. The defence can not let Cody Fajardo drive the ball like he has. If Fajardo gets control of his game and goes on long drives. It will be hard to win that way. It very well might come down to who has the ball last. Or if the Bombers are up by a couple points. Then they need to finish it by controlling the clock with running and 1st downs. The Bombers can not put it in the hands of Fajardo with enough time on the clock. We have all seen that 1st year starting QB drive the ball at the end of a game to get the win. Not just once or twice but several times this season.

Bombers need the ball last! Either to drive for the winning points or to close out the win. 

Good analysis. Yes, these teams are evenly matched.  The main reason why I believe the Bombers are going to win however is because they will be way more battle tested and battle ready than the Riders. Look at the way their season ended. Week 19 they play BC who's out of the playoffs. Weeks 20 and 21 they play an Edmonton team that can't improve their playoff positioning.  Then they have a bye. That's not how you want to get tuned up for a Conference Final. If they were a dominant team, maybe they could overcome that. Calgary has had 1st place wrapped early in recent years and managed to overcome it, but they have been dominant. Saskatchewan is not. Contrast that to a Bomber team that is coming off a huge playoff win last week. 

8 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

A couple quotes from you know where...... I am so glad I never grew up a rider fans..... Bombers got this one....

Pretty sure half of Alberta are Rider fans.

Well, a chimp would be considered smart in Winnipeg.

Streveler ejected for using horse tranquilizers would probably be a good guess. The guy is a what Archie Bunker would call a meat head. Nothing going on between those ears I'm afraid.

Well, once it was determined that the chimp was from Regina, the answer would be "yes".