WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

A couple quotes from you know where...... I am so glad I never grew up a rider fans..... Bombers got this one....

Pretty sure half of Alberta are Rider fans.

Well, a chimp would be considered smart in Winnipeg.

Streveler ejected for using horse tranquilizers would probably be a good guess. The guy is a what Archie Bunker would call a meat head. Nothing going on between those ears I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

A couple quotes from you know where...... I am so glad I never grew up a rider fans..... Bombers got this one....

Streveler ejected for using horse tranquilizers would probably be a good guess. The guy is a what Archie Bunker would call a meat head. Nothing going on between those ears I'm afraid.

Open the flood way because the tears are flowing east down the Assinaboine on Sunday.

For the second year in a row.

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

yup..guy who went back to get a masters..and working on another...a real meat head....again...that fan base lack of intelligence shining through...again...does it ever end??

2 minutes ago, blue_or_die said:

Open the flood way because the tears are flowing east down the Assinaboine on Sunday.

For the second year in a row.

Did they not open the floodway not too long ago for the first time ever at this time of year ?.....good planning by the Manitoba government people who watch cfl football lol

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup..guy who went back to get a masters..and working on another...a real meat head....again...that fan base lack of intelligence shining through...again...does it ever end??

I was gagging by the end of copying this stuff....I can't last 5 minutes reading the stuff over there.... 

12 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Did they not open the floodway not too long ago for the first time ever at this time of year ?.....good planning by the Manitoba government people who watch cfl football lol

I was gagging by the end of copying this stuff....I can't last 5 minutes reading the stuff over there.... 

havn't went over there in a while to even just peruse the drivel..let alone post anything...

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Teams can, and often do, play stretches of very good football and very poor football all within the confines of a season. It is not a static thing. You cannot say that Edmonton in week 3 was the same team as Edmonton in week 15. You can't say Ottawa in week 2 was the same Ottawa team as week 15 either. You can't even say that Winnipeg now is the same team as Winnipeg 6 weeks ago. Things change. Momentum comes and goes, and teams are not playing at the same level all season long.

At the time we played Ottawa they were rolling and playing very good football. When we played Edmonton the first time they were on fire as well. Momentum and confidence are massive in football.

I understand that things change throughout the course of a season but disagree with the notion that because a team is playing seemingly well at one time of the year doesn't mean they were actually good, even at that time of the year.

In your Edmonton and Ottawa examples:

Before our week 3 win over EDM: they beat a Montreal team who thought Pipkin was the better QB and who just got a new HC 4 seconds before kick off and then BC (BC sux)

Before our week 4 win over OTT: they beat a Calgary team who clearly had not yet hit their stride (was BLM hurt and playing at that point?) and then a Sask team with Fajardo getting his first start)

Case in point: Dom Davis was never a good QB.

2 minutes ago, blue_or_die said:

I understand that things change throughout the course of a season but disagree with the notion that because a team is playing seemingly well at one time of the year doesn't mean they were actually good, even at that time of the year.

In your Edmonton and Ottawa examples:

Before our week 3 win over EDM: they beat a Montreal team who thought Pipkin was the better QB and who just got a new HC 4 seconds before kick off and then BC (BC sux)

Before our week 4 win over OTT: they beat a Calgary team who clearly had not yet hit their stride (was BLM hurt and playing at that point?) and then a Sask team with Fajardo getting his first start)

Case in point: Dom Davis was never a good QB.

BLM played that game...Fajardo is the MOP...Cmon man..Sask is/was always a juggernaught..didn't you know that??..hahaha

You can only beat the team in front of you though...can't compare game to game...team vs team really to get any indication of whats what...too many variables..too many different in-game situations/stories

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

BLM played that game...Fajardo is the MOP...Cmon man..Sask is/was always a juggernaught..didn't you know that??..hahaha

You can only beat the team in front of you though...can't compare game to game...team vs team really to get any indication of whats what...too many variables..too many different in-game situations/stories

No I agree there are lots of variables at play, I'm just saying that I'm not as impressed with our wins over who turned out to be weaker teams. There are times when teams have different levels of success at different times of year because they are legitimately playing at a different level, or there was a smokescreen and they were playing teams who weren't the Bombers better at that time. I tend to think it was the latter for the cases of Ottawa and Edmonton, looking back at it.

In the end I don't really care I guess since I'm happy to have gotten those points.

16 minutes ago, blue_or_die said:

No I agree there are lots of variables at play, I'm just saying that I'm not as impressed with our wins over who turned out to be weaker teams. There are times when teams have different levels of success at different times of year because they are legitimately playing at a different level, or there was a smokescreen and they were playing teams who weren't the Bombers better at that time. I tend to think it was the latter for the cases of Ottawa and Edmonton, looking back at it.

In the end I don't really care I guess since I'm happy to have gotten those points.

I hear ya...and season records indicate as much....poor teams would/could have lost those games, and as recently as a few years ago we were 50/50 in games such as those....these last couple years we have become a team that has won the games we were supposed to win without much doubt...save for those 2 screw ups this year.

Another point to look at in those games early on we were winning..we were basically walking away with the wins by halftime and coasted...which was a bad habit that bit us in ass in Montreal and Toronto....a problem that appears to have been rectified

Other teams in the league who were winning were not winning as dominantly as we were...tho all games are different, but people have forgot that when we were totally healthy and running what we were designed to do...we looked pretty much unstoppable..and that was the general consensus with media..fans and other teams....we now with Collaros seem to be back to where we started with Nichols...are basically healthy, and have evolved the Nichols style (league leading offence) with a bit more of an evasive play extending Collaros, and our newly morphed rotating Beast QB Strevler now to augment it...something that can't/shouldn't be over-looked now and teams that have to face us know it and are pretty concerned....now matter what spin Rider media...fans...team is saying of things, and the confidence they are portraying...gargantuan you they are very nervous..especially if the injury rumors are legit..

Edited by Booch

48 minutes ago, GOLD MEMBER said:

Evans, there best WR,  is dinged up to with a bad toe. This bolds well for the Blue Bombers.

I don't know any of the specifics but I'm thinking it would have to be a really nasty toe injury to greatly limit his effectiveness as a receiver given the painkillers and shots available to players these days.

1 minute ago, Starman115 said:

I don't know any of the specifics but I'm thinking it would have to be a really nasty toe injury to greatly limit his effectiveness as a receiver given the painkillers and shots available to players these days.

people don't realize how bad toe feet issues are in football....turf toe sounds like a meh thing and a suck it up buttercup injury but very debilitating and painful...

When I played players...and especially lineman were almost made to go get regular pedicures and feet treatment to maintain and protect foot health..seems kind of odd/funny to think of..or see 6-10 big guys in a salon getting that done...but it is a real thing...you have foot issues...you are really hampered in football

5 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Dominique Davis shredded Calgary to start the season. Did he lose confidence and completely collapse...yes he did...but that doesn't mean he didn't play some really good football to start the season.

I see it as him punching well above his weight and his decline immediately thereafter proved that. I don't think it was a confidence thing. I also don't think Calgary was themselves at that point.

2 hours ago, blue_or_die said:

Just because teams took a while to prove they weren't as good or bad as they turned out to be doesn't make them any more weak/strong at the time.

For example, when we beat BC in Week 1, I remember thinking it was an enormous win given it was expected BC with Reilly would do well in the standings. That turned out to be wrong as the season played out and teams showed who they really were. BC wasn't any better a team in W1 vs W21 (save for the Reilly injury) and therefore our W1 win wasn't as impressive as initially thought.

I am talking about this in a vacuum, of course, as teams can make personnel changes that affect their identity and compete level.

When we beat BC in week 1 we didn't know they had absolutely no run game yet and our DL wasn't just pinning their ears back on every single play.  CGY almost (probably should have) lost to them the next week as well (Arbuckle had the heroic last minute comeback TD drive for the win).

After that point teams figured out that Reilly was going to be playing rag doll all season because their OC forgot to scheme a run game into the offense.

I have heard Doug Brown talk about turf toe being the most aggravating injury because you can do so little about it, the pain and debilitation is far worse than what you think it should be for a small digit, and even if it "feels" good you need to let it heal past the point of no pain so as not to re-aggravate it (like a groin pull, you don't play once it doesn't hurt, you play 2-3 weeks after it has stopped hurting because no pain doesn't mean fully healed). I know players who talked about wanting to cut off the toe and be able to play instead of being unable to play through the pain and being so frustrated.

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

people don't realize how bad toe feet issues are in football....turf toe sounds like a meh thing and a suck it up buttercup injury but very debilitating and painful...

When I played players...and especially lineman were almost made to go get regular pedicures and feet treatment to maintain and protect foot health..seems kind of odd/funny to think of..or see 6-10 big guys in a salon getting that done...but it is a real thing...you have foot issues...you are really hampered in football

You just can't get any push off the tip of your foot when it's hurting bad... just no strength there.

Just now, BomberfanMKS said:

You just can't get any push off the tip of your foot when it's hurting bad... just no strength there.

and you dont realize how often our toes are used for balance and just standing still..they are always doing something even though you don't realize if...lop a couple off and see how easy it is to just stand..let alone play a running sport....good luck