WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

this is from yesterday, but a good ICYMI from our pal Tait.....

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/11/14/need-know-western-final/?fbclid=IwAR35zl9RnCrxh_3F3WjC2g03OP9IslKKr_yiGr8QOnohmgQzWgIFequnw_4

“It’s going to be nuts. It’s going to be nuts,” said Harris. “We all know how passionate those fans are and we’re in their way right now to go to a Grey Cup, so it’s going to be absolute chaos in there. But that excites me and I know it excites the guys in this locker room.

“There’s no better feeling than going into an atmosphere like that and shutting up their fans and coming out with a ‘W.’ That’s the goal.”

2 cents worth, we start the game with  3 or 4 man rush take away the running lanes and the middle of the field.  Try and make Sask grind out the run on us or have Fajardo try and complete long sideline throws or deep balls, let him get outside the tackles and test his mobility early. The worst thing we can do is let him stay in the pocket and beat us with quick throws and screens.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the biggest thing I want to see on Sunday is the D taking away those timing/crossing routes that Sask runs like crazy. I don't know HOW exactly you do that ( @Booch ??) but that's what has killed us in the past. Find a way to nullify that, we'll have zero problems...

Jam at the line..Have your HB or SAM jam in the 5 yard to mess up the timing or break up the pass...so playing tight man..or a mixed coverage. I could also see us show blitz and crowd the box to lull sask into the quick hitter and drop the ends out at snap right in the spot Sask has showed tendancy to hit...exactly the type of player in Jefferson we have to do that and get a pick six...much like he did to us and edm last year

23 minutes ago, Booch said:

Jam at the line..Have your HB or SAM jam in the 5 yard to mess up the timing or break up the pass...so playing tight man..or a mixed coverage. I could also see us show blitz and crowd the box to lull sask into the quick hitter and drop the ends out at snap right in the spot Sask has showed tendancy to hit...exactly the type of player in Jefferson we have to do that and get a pick six...much like he did to us and edm last year

Does the MLB play a role at all in this? I know a big hitter at safety can make receivers leery of running those deep crossing routes for fear of getting plastered. Would the MLB in a similar mentality 5-7 yards off the line make the receivers hear footsteps on those quick slants?

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

awesome...that's exactly the kind of thing I love to read on this site. Xs and O's type ****....thanks dude.

I am actually sensing a Willie interception this game...not neccessarily a pick six...but a crowd and team deflating one...hopefully complete with back flip

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Does the MLB play a role at all in this? I know a big hitter at safety can make receivers leery of running those deep crossing routes for fear of getting plastered. Would the MLB in a similar mentality 5-7 yards off the line make the receivers hear footsteps on those quick slants?

It could yeah, Biggie could drop off, but most times, especially in the quick hit shot the QB has eyes on the MLB and is very aware, and the role of the slot is to hit the soft spot inside the tackle and guard 3-5 yards off the LOS...This is why the show of heavy blitz with 7 or more guys and dropping off the end works well...the QB isn't even in the moment thinking of him, and rarely even sees him until the ball has left his hand...cause he shouldn't be there

Edited by Booch

3 hours ago, gcn11 said:

We got good pressure on Fajardo in all 3 games. His legs helped him out immeasurably. The RIders OL is not good at all and were HUGE beneficiaries of Fajardo's legs. Without his legs I could see us with a snowman of sacks.

Riders also benefited from a lot of holding non-calls.

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

It could yeah, Biggie could drop off, but most times, especially in the quick hit shot the QB has eyes on the MLB and is very aware, and the role of the slot is to hit the soft spot inside the tackle and guard 3-5 yards off the LOS...This is why the show of heavy blitz with 7 or more guys and dropping off the end works well...the QB isn't even in the moment thinking of him, and rarely even sees him until the ball has left his hand...cause he shouldn't be there

MLB is generally the first thing the QB is looking to make a read on, no? 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

an injured fajardo is best case scenario if you ask me. Harker has some potential I think, he will wind up being the better quarterback between he and fajardo IMO. 

Depends on how injured. If he was so injured that in hindsight he should not have played, then yes. But an injured Streveler was better than no Streveler and McGuire in his role. I don't see Harker and think "oh boy, this might burn us". Honestly, I think the possibility of Shaq Evans being out is a bigger deal than Fajardo playing at less than 100%.

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

Depends on how injured. If he was so injured that in hindsight he should not have played, then yes. But an injured Streveler was better than no Streveler and McGuire in his role. I don't see Harker and think "oh boy, this might burn us". Honestly, I think the possibility of Shaq Evans being out is a bigger deal than Fajardo playing at less than 100%.

I see them throwing to Keiran Moore a boatload om Sunday