WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

Just now, Geebrr said:

He injured his toe against Edmonton and left around half time.

He will play, I'd bet. How healthy he is will be another story.

Yeah, he didn't practice with the first team offense yesterday but was in his helmet playing catch with Fajardo. 

19 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Sean Salisbury 2.0!

Actually ZC reminds me a lot of Tom Clements.  Even down to the easily and oft injured part.

I like Zach but he does not have the form that TC had. I don't actually know if he had good form but it looked like it back then. He was deadly on the run which is not little thing. Zach is not at that level but nostalgia also distorts like beer goggles. This is so fun thinking about the good times instead of recent failures. I have never felt older. Damn you all. 

On 2019-11-11 at 8:19 AM, BBlink said:

Mosaic will definitely give the Riders more than home field gave the stamps. But like I said in another thread, I felt like Calgary was more our equal than Sask was this year.

They squeaked out victories at home, one without our star running back on a last second FG. We crushed them at home.

Our 2 QB system again could be the difference in the game. If Fajardo is anything less than 100 percent I don't see how they can make a dent in our defense.

It occurred to me that if we had played Saskatchewan first and had the result that we did, there would be all sorts of posters here reminding us that the real test would be to go to Calgary and beat the Stamps.  Well, I think that beating Calgary WAS the real test.  So for me I don't give one whit how injured Fajardo is or isn't.  It isn't going to make a bit of difference.  The only team that can beat the Bombers this coming Sunday is the Bombers.  Period.  The Blue and Gold play like they are capable of and Regina is nothing more that a speed bump.  Have a great time in Regina all who are going and remember to stop in Virden.  Last indoor plumbing you'll see for a while.

16 hours ago, Zontar said:

Clements was a natural introvert , intellectual...maybe a little dour. Lots of fans mistook it for not caring so when things went bad and Clements said little or nothing fans got snarly.

Nary a defender when he was run out of here in 1983.

I don't remember that but he is a coach now isn't he. He must have got over the introvert stuff.

38 minutes ago, JCon said:

Shut the run down early with Powell. Contain Faj and make him beat you with his arm. If you give him a chance to get out of the pocket and either throw or run, he can make things happen.

Powell is going to play a very critical part in this game with the extra blocking. Hall will likely be sending tons of blitzes to try and get Fajardo out of his comfort zone with his injury.

Just now, Nolby said:

Powell is going to play a very critical part in this game with the extra blocking. Hall will likely be sending tons of blitzes to try and get Fajardo out of his comfort zone with his injury.

I think the first few drives are not going to bring much blitzing. 

Make him hold on to the ball and go through his reads, get pressure with 4 guys. 

42 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

We got good pressure on Fajardo in all 3 games. His legs helped him out immeasurably. The RIders OL is not good at all and were HUGE beneficiaries of Fajardo's legs. Without his legs I could see us with a snowman of sacks.

Is there going to be enough sow to make snowmen or even snow angels?

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Much to the dismay of others, I'm an extrovert but that isn't a must to be a good coach.

Introverts have their own styles to teach and coach.

Actually I think athletes and coaches are judged by media to be introverted when they are really just being cautious of saying something that can be twisted by the media. I am not pissed by the Bombers losing in 1972 but I am still mad at being misquoted by media in 1992. 

42 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

I don't remember that but he is a coach now isn't he. He must have got over the introvert stuff.

Introverts aren't always shy quiet types who can't deal with people. Introvert vs. extrovert is all about your energy level and how it gets refreshed or diminished. 

Extroverts gain energy being around people and interacting with them and get drained being on their own, introverts are the opposite, being around people drains their energy and they need time alone to recharge. And like most things it's not an either or thing, people fall at all sorts of points in between the two. 

Just a pet peeve of mine people misunderstanding what these two types of thing mean. 

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

It occurred to me that if we had played Saskatchewan first and had the result that we did, there would be all sorts of posters here reminding us that the real test would be to go to Calgary and beat the Stamps.  Well, I think that beating Calgary WAS the real test.  So for me I don't give one whit how injured Fajardo is or isn't.  It isn't going to make a bit of difference.  The only team that can beat the Bombers this coming Sunday is the Bombers.  Period.  The Blue and Gold play like they are capable of and Regina is nothing more that a speed bump.  Have a great time in Regina all who are going and remember to stop in Virden.  Last indoor plumbing you'll see for a while.

Playing the Riders after their bye week is much more preferable than playing the Stampeders after a bye week.  I was relieved that the Riders won the West after we couldn't.

Edited by Wideleft

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Although, the WSF was not that loud last year. I could actually hear the tears welling up. Kind of like the gentle waves one might listen to fall asleep. 

And when all the tears fell on the ground they began circling the stadium clockwise down unto the centre of the field where a hole opened up and whooshed them all away. Mosaic's design was finally brought to fruition and it proved that the giant toilet bowl look was no coincidence. In Australia they would have went the other direction.

Edited by gcn11

18 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Playing the Riders after their bye week is much more preferable than playing the Stampeders after a bye week.  I was relieved that the Riders won the West after we couldn't.

I have mixed feelings. Calgary would be a much tougher game this week, but there is zero chance Fajardo could even be considered last week and we would have dogpiled the Harker led RIders. If Harker starts for the Riders this week, or Fajardo is hampered by injury this week, then I agree with you.

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You just don't get it, do you. Even if you did, I think you would still try to be obtuse about it.

Of course I get it. You're making something up and calling it a fact. Simply believing something is true doesn't make it a fact.

Expecting that I'll react in a certain way is just a theory and a bad one at that.