WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

but I will say that I like the combo attack of Zach and Chris and even said before the game that I was hoping that Lapo had spent the 2 weeks prior to the game putting together a dynamic game plan featuring them both...  I'm not sure that it was actually dynamic but it did work and hope to see more of it this week...

I had even suggested they do that with Nichols earlier in the year before he got hurt...

Edited by 66 Chevelle

7 minutes ago, Fansince79 said:

I’m not buying the Fajardo and Shaq Evans game time decision injuries. This is all posturing and a smoke screen. Both will play, and if they don’t and we win Rider fans will cry that we didn’t beat their best. And I’ll be loving it.  

That's fine. Anytime they dismiss us beating them because they have injuries we can just #2007 them.

If KJo had his arm broken instead of Glenn and we won, there would still be a new thread about that every week on RF.

21 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

I think that if we don't win it all we're in for a healthy dose of 'if Nichols hadn't gotten hurt' for months to come from our own fan base... we've got more than 1 enabler in our midst...  

I doubt it. 

We lose, all attention goes to the FA qb's that make it to the market. 

Regardless of what happens this year? I don't think the Bomber brass hold pat with what we have. 

If Arbucle and or Masoli make it to FA we make a push for one of them. 

I vote Masoli. 

3 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

I doubt it. 

Regardless of what happens this year? I don't think the Bomber brass hold pat with what we have. 

I vote Masoli. 

Hard "no" on Masoli.

1 minute ago, Dodge and Burn said:

I doubt it. 

I vote Masoli. 

I hope you're right...

but I think we are now back in a place where we actually have a legit chance to win it all... I am not concerned at all about going into Regina and taking care of business... I think we win going away, and it will be sweet...

I agree with you on the Massoli vote... that's where I'd want to see us move if possible but I don't think he'd be interested if Lapo is staying on board... he is totally the opposite of what Lapo wants to do...

29 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

I think that if we don't win it all we're in for a healthy dose of 'if Nichols hadn't gotten hurt' for months to come from our own fan base... we've got more than 1 enabler in our midst...  

I don’t think it will be like that. Most people realize Matt and zach and very similar qbs in our system.

Just now, Tiny759 said:

I don’t think it will be like that. Most people realize Matt and zach and very similar qbs in our system.

I will admit, I didn't have to live thru the lean years of Bomber football caused by bad QB play... and it is nice to finally be back on the winning side of things primarily because of competent QB play... but for some, you'd think that he has cured cancer or something, lol...

1 minute ago, 66 Chevelle said:

why the 'no' on Masoli?  I think we still haven't seen his best ball yet...

Oh, yes, we have. 

He a system QB who's only done well in Condell's (Jones') offence. He's coming off a major knee injury. He's going to get paid more than he's worth. He's too erratic.  

3 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

I will admit, I didn't have to live thru the lean years of Bomber football caused by bad QB play... and it is nice to finally be back on the winning side of things primarily because of competent QB play... but for some, you'd think that he has cured cancer or something, lol...

It’s that “new kid on the block” type of mentality. Same thing how people think strev is second coming of Jesus. When people were calling for Nichols to start in 2016 because he was also the new and greatest thing. Or How Drew willy was gonna completely turn us around. The back up qb is the most popular person in the cfl lol or the bombers at least.

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

Clements was a natural introvert , intellectual...maybe a little dour. Lots of fans mistook it for not caring so when things went bad and Clements said little or nothing fans got snarly.

Nary a defender when he was run out of here in 1983.

He was revered in Winnipeg. So, in 86 we had Clements, Hufnagel, former Seattle great  Jim Zorn & a young Tom Muecke on our practice roster. Talk about a stacked line up at qb. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

Oh, yes, we have. 

He a system QB who's only done well in Condell's (Jones') offence. He's coming off a major knee injury. He's going to get paid more than he's worth. He's too erratic.  

he can be a bit of a 'playground football' type of guy but it seems to work for him more times than not... but I'd rather pay him than re-up with Nichols for north of $450K...

4 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

It’s that “new kid on the block” type of mentality. Same thing how people think strev is second coming of Jesus. When people were calling for Nichols to start in 2016 because he was also the new and greatest thing. Or How Drew willy was gonna completely turn us around. The back up qb is the most popular person in the cfl lol or the bombers at least.

I guess so... I actually have nothing against Nichols, just don't feel like he is that dynamic type of play maker that will put a team over the top consistently or because of him... he'll win you a lot of regular season games but he hasn't shown me that he's the man to bet on in the big game... plays way to safe and safe equates to average... you might not be losing because of him but you're probably winning in spite of him...

4 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

he can be a bit of a 'playground football' type of guy but it seems to work for him more times than not... but I'd rather pay him than re-up with Nichols for north of $450K...

I guess so... I actually have nothing against Nichols, just don't feel like he is that dynamic type of play maker that will put a team over the top consistently or because of him... he'll win you a lot of regular season games but he hasn't shown me that he's the man to bet on in the big game... plays way to safe and safe equates to average... you might not be losing because of him but you're probably winning in spite of him...

"Way to safe" means Nichols avoids turn overs. How long would he play if he forced the ball & had 25 interceptions every season? Fans would be screaming for the Bombers to get rid of him.  Ball security is a big part of today's game. Bigger than it was a generation ago.

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

Clements was a natural introvert , intellectual...maybe a little dour. Lots of fans mistook it for not caring so when things went bad and Clements said little or nothing fans got snarly.

Nary a defender when he was run out of here in 1983.

Yeah Clements was quiet. But I don't remember fans getting snarly when he said nothing. (I just forgot, I guess.)All I remember is him dissecting defenses. Yes, we should have beaten T.O. in 1987, but they had a good defense too. It was Brock who was run out of here in '83...Clements retired before the '88 season.  Fans and media called him "Tom Terrific". Anyways...carry on...

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

"Way to safe" means Nichols avoids turn overs. How long would he play if he forced the ball & had 25 interceptions every season? Fans would be screaming for the Bombers to get rid of him.  Ball security is a big part of today's game. Bigger than it was a generation ago.

but it also translates into a lot of '2 and outs' , punts,  and late game stalls of the offense...  it would be nice to be in a position that when you're down in the later half of a game that you actually feel like you have a legit shot of coming back and winning... I didn't get that feeling with Lapo and Nichols...

I'm not talking about getting stupid with the ball... but it would help if Lapo had better game plans and scheme for him to work out of that could reduce some of that risk as well... Mitchell and Reilly both throw more INTs than Nichols but you don't hear anyone complaining about them, actually quite the opposite...

13 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

but it also translates into a lot of '2 and outs' , punts,  and late game stalls of the offense...  it would be nice to be in a position that when you're down in the later half of a game that you actually feel like you have a legit shot of coming back and winning... I didn't get that feeling with Lapo and Nichols...

I'm not talking about getting stupid with the ball... but it would help if Lapo had better game plans and scheme for him to work out of that could reduce some of that risk as well... Mitchell and Reilly both throw more INTs than Nichols but you don't hear anyone complaining about them, actually quite the opposite...

I'll take a qb who values ball security over a guy who is a gunslinger everyday of the week & twice on Sunday. Do I like LaPo's offense? Not a chance but to me, Nichols could play in & do quite well in another OC's system. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'll take a qb who values ball security over a guy who is a gunslinger everyday of the week & twice on Sunday. Do I like LaPo's offense? Not a chance but to me, Nichols could play in & do quite well in another OC's system. 

Even with his mobility issues and frequent injuries?  

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

now I would agree with that... and he showed that for a brief time earlier this year, but, when he struggled at Hamilton early this year Lapo went right back to the dink and dunk and he wasn't the same for the rest of the year... in my opinion anyway...

I use to think Lapo did what he did because of Nichols... this year I saw that wasn't the case, it's Lapo holding others back... he does the same with the receivers and the way that he uses them...

but, here's the kicker... you willing to pay Nichols north of $450K to keep him and the safe game play that may or may result in playoff success? that's a lot of coin...