WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

15 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Wow, judging by the comments people seem to have forgotten our "guaranteed" victory against "non-formidable" foe Marcus Crandell in the 2001 Grey Cup. Beware the rope-a-dope, people.

The Stamps got hot at just the right time.  Bombers cooled off at just the wrong time.  Bombers are hot right now.  They just beat the Stamps twice!

17to85 and I have this running joke about how you can't get through our DL because "nobody wants to run into a Stove" or "you know the pain of stubbing your toe on the stove? Imagine being hit by one..." and I keep giggling to myself about how Fajardo's going to stub his oblique on a Stove on Sunday...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

17to85 and I have this running joke about how you can't get through our DL because "nobody wants to run into a Stove" or "you know the pain of stubbing your toe on the stove? Imagine being hit by one..." and I keep giggling to myself about how Fajardo's going to stub his oblique on a Stove on Sunday...

He won't be taking on that big hill either! 

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

No kidding. A bunch of buddies are getting together to watch it, ive already told them I wont be there. I wasn't able to watch last weeks game so you gotta go with what works. Don't wanna jinx it. Lol.

I'm watch the game with a rider friend of mine. Not sure what I was thinking inviting him over. Hopefully we don't finish in blows. 

6 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

If anything for us long suffering jittery loyal fans it's more like when's the bottom going to fall out this time. But we always hold hope no matter what saying this year is our year until we're forced to say next year is our year. Hopefully no forcing this year.

This Bomber fan is still wearing his short pants.....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-blue-bombers-no-pants-pledge-1.5355880

6 minutes ago, Lincoln Locomotive said:

Omg this is funny, especially how his wife reacts to him and his answer if he is attending the wsf. That's gold Jerry  thanks for sharing.

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:
Mike O'Shea basically dodged six (yes, I counted) questions about Chris Streveler. The #Bombers coach did, however, seem confident that Streveler will play on Sunday against the #Riders. "I think he's going to be good."

CS could have casts on both legs and MOS would have the same response.

Just to add to the oblique conversation, while I fully believe folks' comments on the physical pain, general discomfort and disabling effects of such an injury, perhaps the more damning is the psychological effects. For example, 3 days ago I got a paper cut on my right index finger and while it's healed, I hesitate to touch my computer mouse too hard because I'm used to the slight sting. Not only do I hesitate due to the "pain", but I don't want to reopen the cut.

Now exchange "paper cut" with "abdominal (core) tear", and replace "touching my work computer mouse" with "pro football in the cold".

If CoFaj starts, he will not be the CoFaj Glen Suitor blows on a daily basis.

Edited by blue_or_die

13 minutes ago, blue_or_die said:

Just to add to the oblique conversation, while I fully believe folks' comments on the physical pain, general discomfort and disabling effects of such an injury, perhaps the more damning is the psychological effects. For example, 3 days ago I got a paper cut on my right index finger and while it's healed, I hesitate to touch my computer mouse too hard because I'm used to the slight sting. Not only do I hesitate due to the "pain", but I don't want to reopen the cut.

Now exchange "paper cut" with "abdominal (core) tear", and replace "touching my work computer mouse" with "pro football in the cold".

If CoFaj starts, he will not be the CoFaj Glen Suitor blows on a daily basis.

I've got a nasty hangnail......

:)