WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

It truly sounds impractical. 
I think the Bomber brass have a good idea about the validity of this ludicrous release.

I am sure the Bombers trainers have informed them of what they feel the odds of Fajardo playing is, and what his physical limitations might be, and where exactly the two Jeff's should plant their shoulders for maximum effect.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

This idea that he can throw but can't run is just inconsistent with the injury.

If it is bothering you when you're running, you're ****** IMO

Everyone's different I suppose, but I just can't see how a guy can't run but can throw. This is either a very weak attempt at a smokescreen or his body works different than everybody elses.

Just now, gcn11 said:

Everyone's different I suppose, but I just can't see how a guy can't run but can throw. This is either a very weak attempt at a smokescreen or his body works different than everybody elses.

It hurt to run in a straight line on a treadmill. 

Dynamic off script running? I'd be floored 

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I can't over emphasize enough that this injury affects your ability to breathe. 

That too. It's almost exactly the same as broken ribs except their is more pain. I've had a torn oblique and it only feels alright when you find a nice comfy position in a sitting or laying down position. The rest of the time it hurts. Bend down...ow...pick up coffee cup...ow....turn slightly...ow....walk on uneven surface...ow ow ow. For the first 3 weeks anyway. After that it still hurts but only when you move.

Edited by gcn11

3 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

To be fair, which I hate being to criders, he hasnt said it doesnt bother him while throwing...just that it does bother him while running.

Either way I firmly believe this is all a show and that hes better then hes letting on. He will be the starter on Sunday.

I believe the opposite. I think it's worse. There is very little to gain by them saying he will start but is injured because the Bombers will prep as if he's a healthy starter. If they maintain the smokescreen that he is the possible starter we may be less prepared for Harker.

Edited by gcn11

2 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

That too. It's almost exactly the same as broken ribs except their is more pain. I've had a torn oblique and it only feels alright when you find a nice comfy position in a sitting or laying down position. The rest of the time it hurts. Bend down...ow...pick up coffee cup...ow....turn slightly...ow....walk on uneven surface...ow ow ow.

Mine hurt even sitting, often times.

Definitely woke me up out of sleep on the regular as well.

Taking a deep breath? Nah

Yeah any core/rib injury is tough to play with if not 100 percent..and pretty much if you have to do anything to strain or brace yourself...you usually re-injure it...Winnipeg is not dumb tho...we are game plannng for Farjado and if he doesn't play their offence doesn't change at all with Harker...it's more limited if anything and he will see things..looks..schemes...and game intensity he hasn't seen pretty much all year...and will be overwhelmed

Just now, Booch said:

Yeah any core/rib injury is tough to play with if not 100 percent..and pretty much if you have to do anything to strain or brace yourself...you usually re-injure it...Winnipeg is not dumb tho...we are game plannng for Farjado and if he doesn't play their offence doesn't change at all with Harker...it's more limited if anything and he will see things..looks..schemes...and game intensity he hasn't seen pretty much all year...and will be overwhelmed

I would imagine that the Bombers are preparing for either scenario.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Yeah, this is basically a less mobile version of the same guy.

55 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Get to Fajardo early and lay one in on his ribs. He'll be done like dinner.

Agreed. I would be happier if the weather was going to be like last Sunday, because cold makes muscles seize up more quickly, but we will have what we will have. One good full body slam (but clean) hit ought to do Frodo in. And tears of the Riders fans will flow. It would especially delicious if We Willie was the perpetrator.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Wow, judging by the comments people seem to have forgotten our "guaranteed" victory against "non-formidable" foe Marcus Crandell in the 2001 Grey Cup. Beware the rope-a-dope, people.

Crandell was underrated. 

Just kidding :(

Edited by JCon

Let's look up the definition of formidable.

formidable
adjective

1 : causing fear, dread, or apprehension a formidable prospect

2 : having qualities that discourage approach or attack a formidable opponent

3 : tending to inspire awe or wonder : impressive a formidable accomplishment

Now, let's look at his stats vs. the Bombers in three games this past season.

Week 12: 25/39 (64.1 comp. %), 300 passing yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 2 rushes for 8 yards
Week 13: 16/24 (66.7 comp. %), 196 passing yards, 1 INT, 5 rushes for 46 yards and 1 TD
Week 17: 18/28 (64.3 comp. %), 300 passing yards, 1 TD, 9 rushes for 49 yards

Competent? Yes. Capable? Yes. But formidable...? As in instilling fear and inspiring wonder...?

Image result for uh gif

Edited by blue_gold_84