WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

8 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah he is the ring leader of the clown show there...watch him this game...he won't stick his nose into the rough going to make initial contact to bring a guy down...especially Strev...I think he is actually scared of him..in a couple of the games in Strev's runs he actually shyed away and basically avoided the contact....

After Sunday's game, a Calgary fan posted on their fan forum that Streveler runs like he's trying to kill people. 😁

5 hours ago, Jesse said:

I don't know man, the Montreal and Toronto games look like prime examples of this team getting over-confident.

Thats two examples just this season.

I distinctly remember the Monday call in show after the Montreal loss and Osh saying how the team came in at the half all pumped up to bury the Als in the second half and he basically told them to calm down and come out as if it was scoreless. They were feeding on their dominance and he threw cold water on them. He wondered if maybe it was the wrong thing to do. I tend to think it was. If the guys are pumped and flying...let 'em go.

Edited by Deiter Fan

6 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

I distinctly remember the Monday call in show after the Montreal loss and Osh saying how the team came in at the half all pumped up to bury the Als in the second half and he basically told them to calm down and come out as if it was scoreless. They were feeding on their dominance and he threw cold water on them. He wondered if maybe it was the wrong thing to do. I tend to think it was. If the guys are pumped and flying...let 'em go.

I don't think we can listen to anything MOS tells us. He's not not to tell us the truth about anything going on in the locker room.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That's the joke, pretty sure I heard one of the TSN commentators talking about it like it was a Saskatchewan idea. probably suitor. 

ahh gotcha...and yeah i got that vibe from TSN too...anything to stroke Sask fans fragile persona

Medlock is the least of my worries. He is as reliable as they come. I'm hoping  the Bombers aren't as overconfident (as this forum is) and they come to  play. Considering our record playing in Regina, I don't think this should be the case, anything less and this could go south . If Fajardo can't play, reminds me when Glenn broke his arm and we had to go with Dinwoody in Grey Cup.  Was still a relatively close game with a QB with no experience at all but couldn't get it done. I don't see a Rider blowout, either a Bomber blowout or a very close game that will come down to big plays.

Fajardo will play...and I hope he does as he doesn't really scare me and the defense knows what he is and what you will get, and if he isn't 100% it will be even less than normal...which wasn't great

with him leading that team over 3 games they only averaged just over 16 points per game against us, and he threw more INT's than TD's (3 to 2)...and that was against us in games where we were missing Harris..Nichols...Alexander..Jeffcoat among others and were probably playing some of our poorer ball of the year and were a very one dimensional team.

Since then we have replaced Hecht with Alexander..Maston for Rios..Jeffcoat is back to form...so it's a different defense, and scheme now...

Fajardo was/is your classic feast on the crap teams...very mediocre to barely average against good teams...go back and look at his stats vs CGY/WPG/MTL and see for yourself..

I believe we didn't suffer any major injury last game. If so, then I'm not expecting any changes on the lineup this coming Sunday. 

With Briggs back though, maybe we can insert Whitehead for K.Jones as DI... to add another threat on the return game. I got a feeling we will see a lot of punts coming our way. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

Fajardo will play...and I hope he does as he doesn't really scare me and the defense knows what he is and what you will get, and if he isn't 100% it will be even less than normal...which wasn't great

with him leading that team over 3 games they only averaged just over 16 points per game against us, and he threw more INT's than TD's (3 to 2)...and that was against us in games where we were missing Harris..Nichols...Alexander..Jeffcoat among others and were probably playing some of our poorer ball of the year and were a very one dimensional team.

Since then we have replaced Hecht with Alexander..Maston for Rios..Jeffcoat is back to form...so it's a different defense, and scheme now...

Fajardo was/is your classic feast on the crap teams...very mediocre to barely average against good teams...go back and look at his stats vs CGY/WPG/MTL and see for yourself..

Exactly. Plus he hasn't played in 3 weeks by game time.

He has no playoff experience, jumping into that environment will be interesting 

Edited by Geebrr

34 minutes ago, JCon said:

But the forum was pretty confident. Do you think the forum's overconfidence affected the team at all? Seems to be a big concern for some. 

If anything for us long suffering jittery loyal fans it's more like when's the bottom going to fall out this time. But we always hold hope no matter what saying this year is our year until we're forced to say next year is our year. Hopefully no forcing this year.