WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

9 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Lots said here, and over there, about injured players, weather, knowledge of plays, past records etc etc   All makes for good chatter  

Simple fact: everything depend on the lines. I know it's cliche, but that's how this works. Win both lines, win the game. 

So who has the OLine and Dline advantage? 

Well let me see...we lead the league in rushing...again...and almost set the all-time record for least rushing yards allowed per game over course of a season...Jefferson is MODP in West and certainly the league this year...Bryant is West Divison Most Outstanding O-lineman...for 3rd straight year and should win it again for 3rd straight in league...If anyone says that Winnipeg doesn't hold advantage there then they are just utter fools and obviously Rider fans....coincidentally utter fool and Rider fan goes hand in hand

Edited by Booch

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well let me see...we lead the league in rushing...again...and almost set the all-time record for least rushing yards allowed per game over course of a season...Jefferson is MODP in West and certainly the league this year...Bryant is West Divison Most Outstanding O-lineman...for 3rd straight year and should win it again for 3rd straight in league...If anyone says that Winnipeg doesn't hold advantage there then they are just utter fools and obviously Rider fans....coincidentally utter fool and Rider fan goes hand in hand

Lyin' Guy already picked the Riders to beat us on their site, so he has already made up his mind.

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Lyin' Guy already picked the Riders to beat us on their site, so he has already made up his mind.

Whoa. Where do you see that? I said their defence was good enough to beat you without their starting QB. In fact I said their defence was good enough to beat you and the Stamps.  And I still say that.  That has nothing to do with who I think will win.  

I haven't picked anyone yet. 

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think there could be an argument to be made that in a straight pass rush, sask might hold a slight edge in that department. Their edge rushers tend to sacrifice everything just for a sack.

1 minute ago, lyin' guy said:

Whoa. Where do you see that? I said their defence was good enough to beat you without their starting QB. In fact I said their defence was good enough to beat you and the Stamps.  And I still say that.  That has nothing to do with who I think will win.  

I haven't picked anyone yet. 

So it doesn't matter then, if their D is so good.

BTW that D looked great when we beat the piss out of them earlier this year. 

1 minute ago, Tiny759 said:

I think there could be an argument to be made that in a straight pass rush, sask might hold a slight edge in that department. Their edge rushers tend to sacrifice everything just for a sack.

End rusher..they have one..Leonard is average at best

Sacks are nice on the stat line..but we were right on their heals in sacks...but we pressure more to get picks...most in league..extremely more beneficial in the grand scheme of things

1 minute ago, Tiny759 said:

The only way Hughes gets those sacks is when the QB is dumb enough to run within arm's length, he's got no pursuit left in that tired old drunkard's body.

14 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I like hearing and reading Rider fan comments that all they need to do is stop Harris and they win..... 

Just casually remind them that Calgary basically shut out Harris last weekend... how did that work for them?...

13 hours ago, White Out said:

I'm a little nervous about the general Cockiness I'm getting from the vibe here, and even myself I have to admit.

I don't understand why anyone cares about what the fans think... of course the Bomber fans are overly confident... same way the rider fans are probably overly confident... we don't play the game... our opinions don't really matter...

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The only way Hughes gets those sacks is when the QB is dumb enough to run within arm's length, he's got no pursuit left in that tired old drunkard's body.

and his higher tackle total is because teams run at him..or to his side...not due to his pursuit and attention to detail in containing the run...I bet he is a non factor in the game and you don't hear his name save for an off-side or a RTP passer call

1 minute ago, Booch said:

and his higher tackle total is because teams run at him..or to his side...not due to his pursuit and attention to detail in containing the run...I bet he is a non factor in the game and you don't hear his name save for an off-side or a RTP passer call

I actually hope this doesn't happen... I'm legitimately nervous that someone takes a cheap shot at Collaros... same way I was about Streveler at the end of the Calgary game... Let's keep the pocket clean and Collaros upright all game...

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

End rusher..they have one..Leonard is average at best

Sacks are nice on the stat line..but we were right on their heals in sacks...but we pressure more to get picks...most in league..extremely more beneficial in the grand scheme of things

Oh for sure, don’t think that I’m trying to say sacks are the best stats there is. I’d rather take the bombers pressure scheme. But I give credit where credit is due, and sask has done a decent job on getting Hughes to the qb.

20 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Any recommendations for motels in Regina that are close to the stadium, and will have other Bomber fans staying there?

Also, for anybody who's going, where are you sitting?

We are staying at Quality Inn on Victoria, seemed like closest hotel to mosaic. sitting section 136 row 28 seats 9-10. Im the one who will be wearing a bomber jersey with AFI on the back honouring a great man. Any and all advice for regina is welcomed and appreciated.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

You'll have to watch very carefully to spot Collaros, he was standing on the sidelines for last year's WSF.

Right.  Bridge started that game.  How about this?  Next year we have Streveler starting every game with McGuire backing him up, and Collaros is kept in a hyper-baric chamber until the last game of the season?