WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

Or all the luck goes against us...we got some breaks which happens - Collaros prob should have had at least 4 picks the last two games that were outright dropped...yesterday the no yards nullified a bad fumble by Grant.  
The cold favored us but it's Canada so if you don't have a plan for cold in the playoffs you are dumb...but the weather favored our style more.  
no Rogers helped us - outcome could have been the same with him but we Will never know and it doesn't matter now. 

I think we need to enjoy the win and I am confident MOS will have the guys focused.  

no guarantees though - Sask will be ready  and will present some challenges but I think if we play well we can beat them   

I do believe we can win.  If we continue the trend of shutting down the run, and get a hit or two (cleanly)on Fajardo with an already ailing back our defence should be able to take away the Sask. offence. Let's not kid ourselves though, they do have a very good set of receivers and Fajardo led the league in passing, if he is close to 100 % and he get's comfortable they can damage us. 

On defence they do have a good pass rush, we are set to beat this based off of our three headed rushing attack this week. Sask. can't just pin their ears and come for our QB, or for that matter get to focused on Harris as we can beat them with other players. If Collaris can stretch the defence to keep them honest combined with the threat of Demski, Harris, and Strev. running and the jet sweep option of Janarian Grant being set-up, we have the potential to beat Sask's defence. 

As with any game limit mistakes...Cal. game we had a bad punt, 11 yrd net, they got 6, we gave up a long return, they got 6, that is just about all the mistakes we made and it accounted for 14 points against. Sask is a good team and they will get points if we make mistakes.

We can do it, but it will not be easy.

12 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

I do believe we can win.  If we continue the trend of shutting down the run, and get a hit or two (cleanly)on Fajardo with an already ailing back our defence should be able to take away the Sask. offence. Let's not kid ourselves though, they do have a very good set of receivers and Fajardo led the league in passing, if he is close to 100 % and he get's comfortable they can damage us. 

On defence they do have a good pass rush, we are set to beat this based off of our three headed rushing attack this week. Sask. can't just pin their ears and come for our QB, or for that matter get to focused on Harris as we can beat them with other players. If Collaris can stretch the defence to keep them honest combined with the threat of Demski, Harris, and Strev. running and the jet sweep option of Janarian Grant being set-up, we have the potential to beat Sask's defence. 

As with any game limit mistakes...Cal. game we had a bad punt, 11 yrd net, they got 6, we gave up a long return, they got 6, that is just about all the mistakes we made and it accounted for 14 points against. Sask is a good team and they will get points if we make mistakes.

We can do it, but it will not be easy.

Fartado led league in passing (yards only) only because he was able to play pretty much the whole season..took over after first drive in game one and sat out only last game of year.

Was 6th in TD passes and the 7th and 8th guys (nichols and Harris) were 2 and 3 tds behind him and they missed a lot of games

Hardly a QB to strike fear into defenses with his arm in the best of conditions..and 100 percent healthy which he isnt...we play a clean game and control the lines like we did basically all yr against them..we win easily

6 minutes ago, The Zipp said:

Have to think Dave D will be assisting his bro in any way he can with preparing for the Bombers.  Not sure how much he knows that Craig wouldn't figure out himself but the path might be a bit easier with direct communication.  

Are 2 Dicks better than one??

Sure, go ask your little brother for help. 

Don't stand on your own two feet, you know it is a mirage anyway.

13 minutes ago, The Zipp said:

Have to think Dave D will be assisting his bro in any way he can with preparing for the Bombers.  Not sure how much he knows that Craig wouldn't figure out himself but the path might be a bit easier with direct communication.  

I assume you're half-joking. I doubt Craig will lean on Dave for any info...I think he'll just watch the tape.

But Craig was asked who he'd rather face- Calgary or Winnipeg - he said he was cheering for his brother. Well, you got the Bombers!!

Edited by blueingreenland

1 minute ago, blueingreenland said:

I assume you're half-joking. I doubt Craig will lean on Dave for any info...I think he'll just watch the tape.

But Craig was asked who he'd rather face- Calgary or Winnipeg - he said he was cheering for his brother. Well, you got the Bombers!!

Dave doesn't strike me as a the kind of guy to help his big brother get  bragging rights over him.

Sask matched up wayyyy better against CGY and am pretty sure they wanted to face them in the WF and did not wanna face WPG

Well worst case scenario has happened for them..this is not what they wanted regardless what that inept fanbase claims 

Only reason they chirped they wanted bombers is the delusions of grandeur they would knock us out of the Grey Cup and that wont be happening 

12 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Gotta think they will have a chat about it and debrief for a bit - like I said not sure how much it would help but generally an opportunity to chat with someone you trust about a common subject is good and can be helpful.  

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Fajardo's calling up Chris Streveler's doctor right about now.

Nice to know the story line CAN'T be Brothers's coaching against each other. 🙂

Won't work. Yes, you can freeze the pain but, if he's pulled the oblique, he won't have any power to throw the ball. 

Edited by JCon