You all need to apologize to Paul LaPolice.

TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, Dr Zaius said:

Okay so we won on the backs of 5 turnovers 

I don't understand how you can attribute that COMPLETE TEAM EFFORT win to just being on the back on 5 turnovers. 

We dominated in all facets of the game. Granted a good sized portion of that was defence, but all phases played really well. That was almost as complete a team effort as I have seen. 

Turn overs are huge, but we were able to capitalize on them using our Offense and our special teams were pinning them deep after a solid stop by D. The O would push as much forward as they could and Then the special teams would take o er again... it was like watching a big beautiful blue machine imposing it's will on them... 

Man that was awesome... 

Man I think after 29 years we can cut them some slack, enjoy this feeling of being UNDISPUTED champs, cuz that was a one sided ass kicking- at least a week.

So let's all chill out and just keep watching highlights and clips of that dominant performance...

Like Willie J doing his best superman impression to strip Evans of the ball..

Or the Thiadric Thunder clap where he uses a blocker to cudgel Williams on the return?

And this instructional clip for the riders on how not to hit the crossbar.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

Except no one said that.  I just said Harris was in beast mode and Collaros is great in the pocket.  You're taking this a little personally.

I said in another thread that Lapo called a good game...  but he called a bad game against Sask  - he's a decent OC not a great one.

Relax, man.

Here's exactly what you said:

"...(Lapo's) gadget play direct snap to Demski killed our momentum...  Collaros ability to survive pocket pressure while Lapo’s plays develop is what saved us.., that and Harris in beast mode and getting 5 Yards after being tackled."

So, your words clearly present or strongly imply the following arguments:

1) That Lapo is to blame for "killing our momentum" because he called a direct snap to Demski.

2) That "Lapo's plays" are too slow to develop and that it is only "Collaros' ability to survive pocket pressure" that "saved us" (i.e. saved us from what? - well, you make it clear: from the slowness of Lapo's plays to develop). As such, you clearly imply that Collaros should get the credit for the success of those plays and that they occurred in spite of Lapo's incompetence, not because of any competence he may bring.

3) That Harris being "in beast mode" and breaking tackles is also what "saved us" (i.e. saved us from what? - from Lapo's play calling. Again, you make the link clear from your inclusion of the phrase "that and". Ergo, again, Harris gets credit for successful long runs in spite of Lapo in your world).

Finally, your argument that I am "taking this a little personally" is particularly hilarious inasmuch as I presented a clear rationale critiquing your logic (and decidedly not you, personally, in any way). It was you, ironically, who turned it personal by telling me I was "taking this a little personally" and that I should "relax."

I have a better idea than me "relaxing" (I'm smiling as I write this so I'm pretty chill, man): Why don't you either explain your logic and clearly illustrate what I was missing about your original post or - using a rational argument of your own - actually refute what I have written in my response post rather that turning to Ad hominen before - again, hilariously - accusing me of the same.

Enjoy the victory, man. On that we can agree, I hope. 

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Lapo did fine on sunday. One of the "good Lapo" games. 

Overall though I find he is still too up and down in the play calling regard. I guess I was wrong when I said we'd never win with him calling plays, but hey when you get a team effort like that.....

Yep.  He did a good job spreading the ball around and calling some tendency breaking plays (Adams pass & Harris receiving TD's) that kept a very good Ticats defense off balance so I will give him credit for that.

Is it enough to erase past games where he would out-think himself or be super predictable in his play calling... not in my opinion.

All I'm saying is that many turnovers and that many FGs...... Someone posted earlier that it really shoulda been 50+ pts easily but it is what it is. Also have to keep in mind that, as good as Collaros did, he's still only been here 50 days and is still figuring things out. 

Edited by Noeller

7 hours ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Here's exactly what you said:

"...(Lapo's) gadget play direct snap to Demski killed our momentum...  Collaros ability to survive pocket pressure while Lapo’s plays develop is what saved us.., that and Harris in beast mode and getting 5 Yards after being tackled."

So, your words clearly present or strongly imply the following arguments:

1) That Lapo is to blame for "killing our momentum" because he called a direct snap to Demski.

2) That "Lapo's plays" are too slow to develop and that it is only "Collaros' ability to survive pocket pressure" that "saved us" (i.e. saved us from what? - well, you make it clear: from the slowness of Lapo's plays to develop). As such, you clearly imply that Collaros should get the credit for the success of those plays and that they occurred in spite of Lapo's incompetence, not because of any competence he may bring.

3) That Harris being "in beast mode" and breaking tackles is also what "saved us" (i.e. saved us from what? - from Lapo's play calling. Again, you make the link clear from your inclusion of the phrase "that and". Ergo, again, Harris gets credit for successful long runs in spite of Lapo in your world).

Finally, your argument that I am "taking this a little personally" is particularly hilarious inasmuch as I presented a clear rationale critiquing your logic (and decidedly not you, personally, in any way). It was you, ironically, who turned it personal by telling me I was "taking this a little personally" and that I should "relax."

I have a better idea than me "relaxing" (I'm smiling as I write this so I'm pretty chill, man): Why don't you either explain your logic and clearly illustrate what I was missing about your original post or - using a rational argument of your own - actually refute what I have written in my response post rather that turning to Ad hominen before - again, hilariously - accusing me of the same.

Enjoy the victory, man. On that we can agree, I hope. 

Hmm you’re putting quite the effort into this...

I guess you’re right - those are my points and they are all valid - I just didn’t want to get in-depth about Lapo’s faults

His plays are very slow to develop and he relies on YAC way too much...  I agree with you - I am giving Collaros and Harris more credit than Lapo

17 hours ago, Booch said:

well sure...but again...we never gave it back with a turnover and even tho we didn't score all TD's..we still got points and kept it at a 2 score lead all game pretty much...and people forget that Ticats were the apparent top defense in league...you have to give them some due even though we smacked them around....and again...it's a 3 phase game, along with a turn over ratio battle and t.o.p thing...both of which we won as well.

The other team is trying too ya know...it seems that some folks think that we should just score TD's at will...I'll take a offence where we rarely turn over the ball and score 28+ points a game on average..and generally win the t.o.p battle...which keeps other teams from scoring any day...and yeah if it's in conjunction with the defense getting us the ball back a lot..even better...it is a team game after all..

I truly think many here would, will and do complain about something incessantly regardless of out come and can never be happy or content...and to be honest in my opinion are a bunch of assbags for it..but whatevs..if it makes you happy...........

We waltzed through playoffs..soundly beat 3 teams on the road to end a 29 year drought and people are complaining on how did it..or didn't do it...or could of..or should of did it better...give your collective heads a shake man

The odds of going into 3 games on the road and beating 3 teams with a combined record of 40-14 in the playoffs cannot be undersold. Anyone who thinks we didn't do an absolute masterpiece in this playoffs doesn't know how difficult this achievement was. It was a master stroke of coaching and execution. PERIOD. This has only been done 5 times in the history of the CFL and NEVER in such a convincing fashion. This was a historic run through the playoffs, and not just because we won the Grey Cup but because we literally had to play 3 Grey Cup calibre teams and beat them in their own house to do it.

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh........... I would imagine he's being tested like CRAZY after his suspension, right? Like, probably at least once a week...?

He has, and will receive drug tests at regular intervals since his suspension and for the remainder of his career. I doubt it is once a week because performance enhancement drugs stay in your system for quite some time and drug testing is expensive.

6 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

The odds of going into 3 games on the road and beating 3 teams with a combined record of 40-14 in the playoffs cannot be undersold. Anyone who thinks we didn't do an absolute masterpiece in this playoffs doesn't know how difficult this achievement was. It was a master stroke of coaching and execution. PERIOD. This has only been done 5 times in the history of the CFL and NEVER in such a convincing fashion. This was a historic run through the playoffs, and not just because we won the Grey Cup but because we literally had to play 3 Grey Cup calibre teams and beat them in their own house to do it.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but two Grey Cup calibre teams and the Riders.

8 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Not to put too fine a point on it, but two Grey Cup calibre teams and the Riders.

True...but at the same time going into the land of sisterly love and winning in the playoffs is tough. Our players had to overcome the effects of the halitosis from 30000 mouth breathers in order to win. That's mental toughness man. Regina is not the loudest stadium in the league, nor does it have the best fan base, but they show up with their secret weapon....gum disease.

Edited by gcn11

1 minute ago, gcn11 said:

True...but at the same time going into the land of sisterly love and winning in the playoffs is tough. Our players had to overcome the effects of the halitosis from 30000 mouth breathers in order to win. That's mental toughness man.

Good point.  It has been said that the loneliest man in Saskatchewan is not the Maytag repairman, it's the dentist.

16 hours ago, Booch said:

I've heard twice since he came back...but don't quote me as 100 percent on that

And not to open an old can of worms but the apparent roid is old school bulking agent..used only in off-season and does nothing for a skilled position guy..totally takes your aerobic capacity away..oh well...like he said haters gonna hate

I've studied a lot on steroids over the years, and you are right.  It wouldn't make sense for him to take dbol if he's looking for power and speed.  Dbol is for bulk and strength, not speed and power.  There are better steroids out there to take then that if he's using it to increase his runs.  I also don't think he was on dbol because you would have been able to tell in his face if he's taking it.  I've seen guys on and off dbol and Harris would have been bloated from water weight if he'd have been on it.  You would have seen a change in his face.  I still think it was a false positive due to what I've seen.

9 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I've studied a lot on steroids over the years, and you are right.  It wouldn't make sense for him to take dbol if he's looking for power and speed.  Dbol is for bulk and strength, not speed and power.  There are better steroids out there to take then that if he's using it to increase his runs.  I also don't think he was on dbol because you would have been able to tell in his face if he's taking it.  I've seen guys on and off dbol and Harris would have been bloated from water weight if he'd have been on it.  You would have seen a change in his face.  I still think it was a false positive due to what I've seen.

Totally true..I as well have a lot of knowledge with PED's as I was very involved with it...using..as well as administering and creating programs for others (i know bad me but it was a different time and encouraged by teams)

As soon as I heard the initial reports on what it was I knew it was BS...and to even get that one now it's risky because no reputable company even makes it...and any legit version is black market...and even then you are taking a risk with whats in it, and the majority is garbage and dangerous...You'de have to be very VERY stupid to even consider that one.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Totally true..I as well have a lot of knowledge with PED's as I was very involved with it...using..as well as administering and creating programs for others (i know bad me but it was a different time and encouraged by teams)

As soon as I heard the initial reports on what it was I knew it was BS...and to even get that one now it's risky because no reputable company even makes it...and any legit version is black market...and even then you are taking a risk with whats in it, and the majority is garbage and dangerous...You'de have to be very VERY stupid to even consider that one.

Its too bad more of this type of information didn't come out. Unfortunately for Harris if you add up all the times we( the public) have been lied to over drug use there was no way he was going to get an impartial public review. As an athlete its not fair but life isn't fair. He won the Cup and if he was truly innocent in this, at least he has this to hold on to.

A small add, since I haven't seen it mentioned, apologies if it has already:

Much has been made of Lapolice's tactic of "going against tendency" in the GC which was employed to a very positive effect. I'm not sure anyone went into what might have been if it didn't work. There would have been howls over him going with an approach that wasn't proven and was not what brung ya to the dance. It would have 100% been Lapo's chesnuts in the fire if it had not been successful. I've seen praise for his strategic elan, but none for his guts.

Ballsy.

Edited by bluto
elucidation

26 minutes ago, bluto said:

Much has been made of Lapolice's tactic of "going against tendency" in the GC which was employed to a very positive effect. I'm not sure anyone went into what might have been if it didn't work. There would have been howls over him going with an approach that wasn't proven and was not what brung ya to the dance. It would have 100% been Lapo's chesnuts in the fire if it had not been successful. I've seen praise for his strategic elan, but none for his guts.

Ballsy.

Maybe ol sly fox Lapo was setting everyone up all year??...lol....but yeah...gutsy coaching all around..

28 minutes ago, bluto said:

Ballsy.

To be fair, he didnt really go against his tendencies. Run the ball hard, take what the D gives. Push the ball down field when the opportunity is there. That's basically been his MO all year.

28 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

To be fair, he didnt really go against his tendencies. Run the ball hard, take what the D gives. Push the ball down field when the opportunity is there. That's basically been his MO all year.

Gadget plays have definitely been in his playbook all year - The Janarion sweep, Adams pass to Strev, Demski direct snap... almost every game he has at least a couple of those "gadgety" plays.  He doesn't tend to do the same play that many times so we see some wacky plays that just don't work