You all need to apologize to Paul LaPolice.

TrueBlue4ever

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

I’m not apologizing to Lapo - he’s not a great OC...  his gadget play direct snap to Demski killed our momentum...  Collaros ability to survive pocket pressure while Lapo’s plays develop is what saved us.., that and Harris in beast mode and getting 5 Yards after being tackled

So, let me get this straight: when the offense succeeds it’s because of Collaros and Harris and how skilled they are, no credit to our offensive coordinator whatsoever.

But when the offense struggles in any way whatsoever, now THAT has nothing to do with players or their execution but is instead 100% on the OC and his schemes and calls?

Your reasoning, as presented, is a classic illustration of a phenomenon called fundamental attribution error or confirmation bias.

Look it up… It’s a real thing. And you are in its grip.

3 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

We had 8 turn overs, and 7 FG attempts. lapo called a good game at the biggest stage, but if we lost that game Hall would have stabbed him in the callers booth. There was some testicular fortitude in his play calling which was nice to see but I still want him to walk.

So, your team has just won the championship. And you want to fire members if its coaching staff?

This is unorthodox thinking. 

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd

Just now, deepsixemtoboyd said:

So, your team has just won the championship. And you want to fire members if it’s coaching staff?

This is unorthodox thinking. 

Yes. A championship doesn't guarantee lifetime contracts.

Keep O'shea and Hall and let Lapo walk.

I'm saying we won on the backs of 8 turnovers, not Lapo's prowess. I'll admit he called a great game, but all year he was same old Lapo.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I don't know what the calls were...and what the defense presented to counter...nor do you...We may have called more Harris touches in redzone, but if the defense took it away...then whats the point...It all came down to what Zack called when he did his pre-snap reads...If you think we call a play and thats that and you run it regardless then your pretty ...not to be rude...dumb...thats not how it works. 

When an offence controls the clock by almost 12 minutes..has zero turnovers...scores 30+ points...and wins the game with balanced offence...yeah in my experience thats a pretty damn good called game...not sure what you wanted/expected but the end result was a W

Just excuses and using the outcome to justify poorly designed offense. They didnt stop harris all night and we werent running audibles in the red zone. Youre just flip flopping because of the outcome and rose tinted glasses. If the offense did the exact same and we lost youd be hoping on the other bandwagon. You know, the exact same one you were captaining leading up to the game. Zero integrity. 

Edited by wbbfan

27 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

So, let me get this straight: when the offense succeeds it’s because of Collaros and Harris and how skilled they are, no credit to our offensive coordinator whatsoever.

But when the offense struggles in any way whatsoever, now THAT has nothing to do with players or their execution but is instead 100% on the OC and his schemes and calls?

Your reasoning, as presented, is a classic illustration of a phenomenon called fundamental attribution error or confirmation bias.

When youre qb is hitting 50/50 deep balls with deadly accuracy and your rb is plowing through tacklers yeah skill can out shine play call.

If any thing its a hasty generalization of post hoc ergo propter hoc. You think because we won and the team put up 30 points the offense was great. While ignoring all the facts from 2 and outs, to 3 total touchdowns in the last 2 games despite red zone drives some where in the double digits, with double digit turn overs forced, and 11 field goal attempts in those 2 games. (15 field goals, 6 tds, 14 turn overs from the D in the play offs)

47 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Just excuses and using the outcome to justify poorly designed offense. They didnt stop harris all night and we werent running audibles in the red zone. Youre just flip flopping because of the outcome and rose tinted glasses. If the offense did the exact same and we lost youd be hoping on the other bandwagon. You know, the exact same one you were captaining leading up to the game. Zero integrity. 

if we put up 33 and lost...then I'd be all over the defense..as that part of the TEAM failed us....do you not grasp concept of football as a total team sport and end results are a reflection of the sum of the parts..and generally if 2 of 3 main phases falter..you lose?

If we had ended up behind instead of ahead I don't think the play calling would have changed much (except maybe the 4th quarter where we went run time off the clock mode).  THIS is where most of our criticisms of Lapo reside... he has a game plan and if it works, great, if it doesn't.... stick to the game plan.

His game plan worked and our defense played well enough that we didn't need anymore out of the offense than what we got. The people who want Lapo gone, want him gone because they feel like if our defense hadn't been so stout, our offense wouldn't have stepped up to fill the gap.

IMO - If this had been a close game with the Bombers barely ahead I fully believe we would have seen conservative/predictable, run time off the clock, play calling by Lapo... the kind of play calling that lost us games in the past.

Luckily we didn't need to worry about that because our defense just smashed the Ti-cats.

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

if we put up 33 and lost...then I'd be all over the defense..as that part of the TEAM failed us....do you not grasp concept of football as a total team sport and end results are a reflection of the sum of the parts..and generally if 2 of 3 main phases falter..you lose?

Part of why we put up 33 points was the 7 turnovers, to be fair.

well sure...but again...we never gave it back with a turnover and even tho we didn't score all TD's..we still got points and kept it at a 2 score lead all game pretty much...and people forget that Ticats were the apparent top defense in league...you have to give them some due even though we smacked them around....and again...it's a 3 phase game, along with a turn over ratio battle and t.o.p thing...both of which we won as well.

The other team is trying too ya know...it seems that some folks think that we should just score TD's at will...I'll take a offence where we rarely turn over the ball and score 28+ points a game on average..and generally win the t.o.p battle...which keeps other teams from scoring any day...and yeah if it's in conjunction with the defense getting us the ball back a lot..even better...it is a team game after all..

I truly think many here would, will and do complain about something incessantly regardless of out come and can never be happy or content...and to be honest in my opinion are a bunch of assbags for it..but whatevs..if it makes you happy...........

We waltzed through playoffs..soundly beat 3 teams on the road to end a 29 year drought and people are complaining on how did it..or didn't do it...or could of..or should of did it better...give your collective heads a shake man

1 hour ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Except no one said that.  I just said Harris was in beast mode and Collaros is great in the pocket.  You're taking this a little personally.

I said in another thread that Lapo called a good game...  but he called a bad game against Sask  - he's a decent OC not a great one.

Relax, man.

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

well sure...but again...we never gave it back with a turnover and even tho we didn't score all TD's..we still got points and kept it at a 2 score lead all game pretty much...and people forget that Ticats were the apparent top defense in league...you have to give them some due even though we smacked them around....and again...it's a 3 phase game, along with a turn over ratio battle and t.o.p thing...both of which we won as well.

The other team is trying too ya know...it seems that some folks think that we should just score TD's at will...I'll take a offence where we rarely turn over the ball and score 28+ points a game on average..and generally win the t.o.p battle...which keeps other teams from scoring any day...and yeah if it's in conjunction with the defense getting us the ball back a lot..even better...it is a team game after all..

I truly think many here would, will and do complain about something incessantly regardless of out come and can never be happy or content...and to be honest in my opinion are a bunch of assbags for it..but whatevs..if it makes you happy...........

We waltzed through playoffs..soundly beat 3 teams on the road to end a 29 year drought and people are complaining on how did it..or didn't do it...or could of..or should of did it better...give your collective heads a shake man

Everyone needs to relax - saying that Harris was in beast mode and Collaros has wicked football sense is not 'complaining'...  the high horses are starting to creep back in here

Sunday was a great day - no one will ever dispute that...

As for Lapo, he'll be an opposition's head coach next season - probably with Trevor Harris - then the debate will be settled

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Everyone needs to relax - saying that Harris was in beast mode and Collaros has wicked football sense is not 'complaining'...  the high horses are starting to creep back in here

Sunday was a great day - no one will ever dispute that...

As for Lapo, he'll be an opposition's head coach next season - probably with Trevor Harris - then the debate will be settled

yeah I'd be fine moving on from Lapo...he's not the straw that stirs the drinks..we will be fine and I wouldn't mind seeing a more gun slinging offence and turning some play makers loose to go get it...especially if we can keep this defense intact

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

To me it's about situational football. If we had needed more from our offense more would have been asked of them. As it turned out, what was needed was a steady, move the ball, capitalize on field position, protect the football type of offense and that's exactly what we did. Many times I saw Harris and the boys wrap both arms around that football whenever they went into traffic. Hamilton knew they needed turnovers and you could see them reaching in trying to pry the ball away. We gave them nothing and that's exactly what we needed to do. Harris scored early on the ground and Strevs threw a beauty ball to Harris for another TD. That was all we needed on offense. Medlock gave us bonus points and locked things away. 

Sure the defense was spectacular. Our D made it a day from hell for Dane Evans because they couldn't keep him clean and had no answer for it, max protect or not. Meanwhile, our O-line kept our QB clean and effective.

Add in the beauty work on special teams and you have a complete team effort worthy of winning a championship. NO ONE afterwards claimed that we were lucky to win. We weren't. We earned it by playing a top-level game with 60 minute contributions from offense, defense, and special teams. It was a perfect game, really. For that, we owe our thanks to the HC, OC, and DC. They were terrific and this fan has nothing to complain about.

15 minutes ago, J5V said:

To me it's about situational football. If we had needed more from our offense more would have been asked of them. As it turned out, what was needed was a steady, move the ball, capitalize on field position, protect the football type of offense and that's exactly what we did. Many times I saw Harris and the boys wrap both arms around that football whenever they went into traffic. Hamilton knew they needed turnovers and you could see them reaching in trying to pry the ball away. We gave them nothing and that's exactly what we needed to do. Harris scored early on the ground and Strevs threw a beauty ball to Harris for another TD. That was all we needed on offense. Medlock gave us bonus points and locked things away. 

Sure the defense was spectacular. Our D made it a day from hell for Dane Evans because they couldn't keep him clean and had no answer for it, max protect or not. Meanwhile, our O-line kept our QB clean and effective.

Add in the beauty work on special teams and you have a complete team effort worthy of winning a championship. NO ONE afterwards claimed that we were lucky to win. We weren't. We earned it by playing a top-level game with 60 minute contributions from offense, defense, and special teams. It was a perfect game, really. For that, we owe our thanks to the HC, OC, and DC. They were terrific and this fan has nothing to complain about.

actually for shits and giggles went and did some reading on Riderfans...and in a thread there we were very lucky that all 3 teams we played dropped a duece and played like crap...only reason why we won..oh that and it's cause Harris was all roided up again for play-offs...so u are wrong hahaha....what a bunch of dumbasses there..not all...but many

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

actually for shits and giggles went and did some reading on Riderfans...and in a thread there we were very lucky that all 3 teams we played dropped a duece and played like crap...only reason why we won..oh that and it's cause Harris was all roided up again for play-offs...so u are wrong hahaha....what a bunch of dumbasses there..not all...but many

That's too bad but not unexpected. They're just upset that they can't throw #1990 in our faces any more. Well, that and the fact that we have beaten them both times in their new stadium in the playoffs. Well, and that we've won the cup 11 times now to their 4. Oh, and of course, that we won it all with their cast-off QB that they jetted in favour of Cody Fajardo. Also that we can count to 13 and ... well, that's enough for now. 

Just to show I have no hard feelings towards the losers to the West of us, I got them a card ...

Ha-Ha-Sorry.jpg

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh........... I would imagine he's being tested like CRAZY after his suspension, right? Like, probably at least once a week...?

I've heard twice since he came back...but don't quote me as 100 percent on that

And not to open an old can of worms but the apparent roid is old school bulking agent..used only in off-season and does nothing for a skilled position guy..totally takes your aerobic capacity away..oh well...like he said haters gonna hate

Yep...**** everyone.....he had the last laugh.

On a semi-related topic, anyone see Mike McIntyre's quote going around? Apparently TSN was going to have Bauming be the sideline reporter for the Bombers side (since WHEN???) and the Bombers blocked it (APPARENTLY because Bauming didn't vote for Harris for awards) and said he's absolutely not allowed on our sideline, so they used Orlesky (who ALWAYS does the games, sooooooooo......?) but some media types on Twitter are shaming the Bombers...

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

On a semi-related topic, anyone see Mike McIntyre's quote going around? Apparently TSN was going to have Bauming be the sideline reporter for the Bombers side (since WHEN???) and the Bombers blocked it (APPARENTLY because Bauming didn't vote for Harris for awards) and said he's absolutely not allowed on our sideline, so they used Orlesky (who ALWAYS does the games, sooooooooo......?) but some media types on Twitter are shaming the Bombers...

I saw something about this before the game.  Whiney self-important media being whiney.  To his credit Bauming has not mentioned it nor does it seem to have affected his ability to cover the game.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

They were whining on the TSN radio pregame as well on Saturday, saying that Bauming is the best beat reporter, blah, blah, blah. (This was the Edmonton media guy)

I think Sara was always doing TV and Bauming was going to do radio on the sidelines.