You all need to apologize to Paul LaPolice.

TrueBlue4ever

3 minutes ago, Mick said:

You actually want the guy who designed the plays Sask ran in our red zone on Sunday?  The guy who did NOT give the ball to Powell for a one yard plunge to win the game?    Sorry.  Lapo may not be perfect but I'd keep him a hundred times over McAdooDoo.

Damn I wish people would look at the damn score. Or maybe you're from Sask, I dont know. But 13-20. 6 points is not for the win. God damn it. It really isnt that hard.

39 minutes ago, Mick said:

You actually want the guy who designed the plays Sask ran in our red zone on Sunday?  The guy who did NOT give the ball to Powell for a one yard plunge to win the game?    Sorry.  Lapo may not be perfect but I'd keep him a hundred times over McAdooDoo.

did you see what Lapo did stalling the offense out trying to make Streveler happen when it was read all day? 

I'll echo what another poster said, don't like the goal line plays then don't get blown up on the line. 

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Is that catches/targets?

If so that’s a pretty useless stat with no context.  A guy who gets 5 screen passes in a game will have hugely inflated numbers next to a guy like SJ Green who gets a lot of targets 20+ yards down the field.

What other numbers do you suggest I use? If you can find more "useful" statistics please share them. I went off of what I was able to find regarding receivers around the league.

My point was the criticism of Adams, especially after the last two games he's played, seems awfully nitpicky. The #1 receiver discussion is probably best left for another time*, anyway. He's built some solid chemistry with Collaros and has contributed to the offense's success in moving the ball through the air.

* for the record, I don't think he's a #1 receiver but he's a damn good #2 and brings more to the table than not

43 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What other numbers do you suggest I use? If you can find more "useful" statistics please share them. I went off of what I was able to find regarding receivers around the league.

My point was the criticism of Adams, especially after the last two games he's played, seems awfully nitpicky. The #1 receiver discussion is probably best left for another time*, anyway. He's built some solid chemistry with Collaros and has contributed to the offense's success in moving the ball through the air.

* for the record, I don't think he's a #1 receiver but he's a damn good #2 and brings more to the table than not

Adams just happens to connect better with Nichols and Collaros than Streveler, thus the lack of mid-season presence and production.

He also.missed several games..and when came back wasnt his normal self..had brace on..looked limited..has since ditched brace last 3 games..been playing with a QB who can toss downfield..has nice stats and production ro show for it..he of double digit TDs and thousand yard seasons the last 2..

23 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

How is it not a good percentage? The difference between Adams and Bowman is literally less than 8 receptions made for every 100 pass attempts made. That's getting into pretty nitpicky territory, IMO.

Consider the fact Bowman had Reilly throwing to him in Edmonton, too.

It isnt because bowman wasnt an efficient wr at all. He was the least reliable wr of the generation. 

That makes it worse not better. Reilly is excellent at throwing the ball. 

12 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

And I'll bet you're still out to lunch. Adams has been the team's best receiver in the playoffs thus far.

WSF vs. CGY: 2/6, 105 yards, 1 TD (Of those four incompletions, two were knocked down and one resulted in a penalty that extended the drive.)
WF vs. SSK: 4/8, 93 yards (Of those four incompletions, one resulted in a penalty that extended the drive.)

Even if those other incompletions are 100% his fault (which is giving your irrational argument the benefit of the doubt), that's four drops. And six completions.

Again, I don't understand this dump fest on Adams. Especially when the numbers fly in the face of it.

High production with low efficiency isnt a good thing. 40 td season, with 60 picks isnt a good year. 

6/14 is horrible. He had some awful drops that couldve really cost us vs 2 big plays. Take away those big plays and he plays him self off the roster. 

5 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It really isnt. Im the biggest defender of wrs in what most people regard as drops on here, and a long time adams defender. But he has always been a guy to drop passes and dropped some really bad ones the last two games. He had 2 great deep balls that made up the huge majority of his production the last two games. Those were pretty easy catch and runs. He hasnt been a top wr in terms of performance. His production has been high finally though. 

At his best he is a damn good no2. Its when he isnt at his best thats a problem. And despite the inflated production, he hasnt been at his best by any means the last two games. 

That deep ball that went off the tips of his fingers for instance, isnt on him. Thats a catch you would expect milt to make, and that we saw Banks make this week. Making those kinds of catches makes you an elite wr. Scoring on the long bomb is elite wr stuff. Dropping 4 passes in 2 games 3 of which for first downs on second down in tight games is worthy of criticism. If lawler is in adams position on those 4 passes, he wouldnt do any worse then adams. Of the 14 passes adams saw, all of our starters would have done as well or better. 

9 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Hall? I agree the defence has had their ups and downs but the defence is just fine. No reason to get rid of Hall.

I agree but for the sake of my poor heart, please, something other than this bend

a  l  m  o  s  t     t  o     t  h  e     p  o  i  n  t     o  f     b  r  e  a  k  i  n  g

defense.

13 minutes ago, J5V said:

I agree but for the sake of my poor heart, please, something other than this bend

a  l  m  o  s  t     t  o     t  h  e     p  o  i  n  t     o  f     b  r  e  a  k  i  n  g

defense.

I know what you mean. I told my wife that if I died during the last game. I hope they win otherwise it would have been for naught.

Edited by B-F-F-C

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

High production with low efficiency isnt a good thing. 40 td season, with 60 picks isnt a good year. 

6/14 is horrible. He had some awful drops that couldve really cost us vs 2 big plays. Take away those big plays and he plays him self off the roster. 

And the nitpicking continues. Nobody said 6/14 is good, BTW. He did make plays and help move the offense, though. That's the point seemingly lost on a handful in this thread who choose to **** all over Adams.

Rather than look at what he didn't do, look at what he did do and see its importance.

Edited by blue_gold_84

18 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Damn I wish people would look at the damn score. Or maybe you're from Sask, I dont know. But 13-20. 6 points is not for the win. God damn it. It really isnt that hard.

You think people from Saskatchewan can do math? I guess counting cows is the closest they'll get.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Was the offensive game call really that good? I mean we attempted 7 FGs..... 

I don't think he called a bad game in the final.    That being said... I think TSN both on tv and radio highly over rate his creativity with the run game.   Lot of the success IMO is the o-line and possibly the best rb to ever play in this league.      It's not like this team wouldn't be able to run the ball if we had a more basic run play selection.  

I'd love to see this team attack in the air way more often. 

6 FGs is fine when you can back it up with a couple of TDs...and we did.

TOP - we had the ball 10:02 more than Hamilton. So, we controlled the play.

186 yards rushing. 222 yards passing. Nice split.115.5 efficiency on passing.

Every time they scored, we drove the ball somehow and scored points ourselves. Control.

No, I think LaPo called a balanced attack, using everybody to gain any advantage. And they executed.

In what might be LaPo’s last game for us, he gets a passing grade. (And a running grade)

10 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Fine. I AM SORRY Coach Lapo. I said I would apologize when he won us a GC. With his game call, Halls DC calls and O'Sheas game management we did what no other coaches could do for 29 years. Hats off to the coaching staff and the canadian mafia. Start building the statues now!

I find it interesting and - to be honest - annoying that there are still people on this site bitchin’ about Lapo AFTER we won the fackin’ Grey Cup.

The guy is working with his third starting quarterback and ONLY managed to direct an offense that averaged 29.3 points per game while on the road for all 3 games!

In addition, I have noticed that the folks who seem to have a greater level of expertise – people like Stegall, Orlando Steinauer, the defenders on Hamilton – seem to convey a lot of respect for Lapo.

Simoni Lawrence specifically singled him out as being a “very creative“ and difficult to cope with offensive coordinator. 

So, for the love of gawd, people,  even if we can’t agree that some of you who are the heaviest critics of Lapo seem to lack any modicum of common sense, can we at least agree to uphold a moratorium on Lapo bashing for one week following our winning of the Grey cup?

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd

4 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

I find it interesting and - to be honest - annoying that there are still people on this site bitchin’ about Lapo AFTER we won the fackin’ Grey Cup.

The guy is working with his third starting quarterback and ONLY managed to direct an offense that averaged 29.3 points per game while on the road for all 3 games!

In addition, I have noticed that the folks who seem to have a greater level of expertise – people like Stegall, Orlando Steinauer, the defenders on Hamilton – seem to convey a lot of respect for Lapo.

Simoni Lawrence specifically singled him out as being a “very creative“ and difficult to cope with offensive coordinator. 

So, for the love of gawd, people,  even if we can’t agree that those some of you who are the heaviest critics of Lapo seem to lack any modicum of common sense, can we at least agree to uphold a moratorium on Lapo bashing for one week following our winning of the Grey cup?

Ummmm..... I wasnt bashing lol. I'm doing the opposite. Take the time to read back through the thread :)

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Ummmm..... I wasnt bashing lol. I'm doing the opposite. Take the time to read back through the thread :)

Dude, I wasn’t referring to you. But sorry, as that was definitely unclear: my bad. I was actually thankful for your post! It’s some of the other posts about our offensive coordinator that I find… Well, offensive. 🙂

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

Was the offensive game call really that good? I mean we attempted 7 FGs..... 

I’m not apologizing to Lapo - he’s not a great OC...  his gadget play direct snap to Demski killed our momentum...  Collaros ability to survive pocket pressure while Lapo’s plays develop is what saved us.., that and Harris in beast mode and getting 5 Yards after being tackled

25 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I’m not apologizing to Lapo - he’s not a great OC...  his gadget play direct snap to Demski killed our momentum...  Collaros ability to survive pocket pressure while Lapo’s plays develop is what saved us.., that and Harris in beast mode and getting 5 Yards after being tackled

So, I guess the answer is no, then? As in you won’t shut up about Lapo, even for a week? And you are rejecting my modest proposal for peace during this celebration?

ps.  Didn’t ask you to apologize, BTW. I just asked you to park it for a week. 😀

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd