You all need to apologize to Paul LaPolice.

TrueBlue4ever

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

Disagree completely... hate Bo all you want but having superstars and in some cases a “villain” is good for the league overall...

feels so much better to beat the villain, reigning grey cup mvp, and likely league mvp (if not for his injury) than just some guy...

I never meant I hope his career is over.... I just meant that I hope this is the last we have to listen to how bo is the best all the time.... I hope he plays another ten years,  just as a regular QB who we beat regularely for years to come....

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

One robin does not mean spring is here. Lapolice has made a lot of gaffes during his time here.

Long term vet coach who is good at what he does and he has won a lot and coaches well.  This one game just means that the group that wanted him gone might want to give him props.  Every coach makes gaffes.  He has done more positive than negative and just beat one of the best with a QB tandem!

29 minutes ago, bluebeliever said:

Lapo is a great OC and we are lucky to have him

Lapo can be a great oc, or he can be a useless play caller. 

I stand by my assessment that he is a smart guy who often is a poor play caller who lacks in game awareness. 

So no he is not a great oc nor are we lucky to have him. He is a guy who we all hope doesn't outsmart himself in game.

I think that the coaching staff all deserve kudos for the effort.  All three phases clicked against a very strong opponent, and Hall especially frustrated the leagues best QB playing his best football, at home.  Sure, no Rogers.  But they just got back Jordan. 

Even if they don't beat the Riders, which I am confident they will, now seeing teh two headed monster that is Collaros and Streveler, and the confidence of our DB's... I think that Osh has punched his ticket for next year at full pay.  going to be interesting to see if he can retain Lapo and fit under the front office SMS cap...

1 minute ago, TheAardvark said:

I think that the coaching staff all deserve kudos for the effort.  All three phases clicked against a very strong opponent, and Hall especially frustrated the leagues best QB playing his best football, at home.  Sure, no Rogers.  But they just got back Jordan. 

Even if they don't beat the Riders, which I am confident they will, now seeing teh two headed monster that is Collaros and Streveler, and the confidence of our DB's... I think that Osh has punched his ticket for next year at full pay.  going to be interesting to see if he can retain Lapo and fit under the front office SMS cap...

If O'Shea can have his contract extended on the basis of one good game, then he ought to have been fired on the basis of one of the horrible games he oversaw. 

28 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If O'Shea can have his contract extended on the basis of one good game, then he ought to have been fired on the basis of one of the horrible games he oversaw. 

And Dickenson ./ Huffnagel should be shown the door after that last game...

Its not on one game that Osh gets his new deal, but that one game will help decide the price.  This next game, even more.  It may have taken some time to adjust to a new QB, and then to this tandem, but we got there,  Streveler was no where near as good as a starter as he is as a counterpunch.  Getting the team to that point, to where all facets are firing on all cylinders, that's what coaching is all about. 

Hall kicked CGY's butt.  His schemes did not give any one player any flashy stats.  It was a team effort.  And again, that's coaching. 

53 minutes ago, toolsinbox said:

I dont have any contact information for the coaching staff but I am sure Lapo doesnt want my apology. They got it done and thats what they are paid to do.  

Next:

Riders !

"Got it done"?  Understatement.... Stamps were favoured, at home.  We started a QB who has been here a few weeks, against the CFL's highest percentage wins QB, whom his coach says was playing his best ball of his career.  And we gutted them.  Hall held them to ZERO points in the second half, and ZERO yards passing in the 3rd quarter.  We spanked them. 

8 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Couldn’t disagree more. 

Varied. That’s how I would describe the game plan. 
And it worked. 
He stretched the field, used Streveler and Demski wisely, and mixed running the ball and passing throughout the game.

A big win for Lapo...translates into a big win for the Bombers.

Huge majority of streveler came in the last drive. Before that he had plays in like 3-4 drives none in the first half. One big play where demski made a bunch of guys miss. When it was open the whole game.

Calling a awful half then doing better for a quarter and a half is not a good game. 

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

One robin does not mean spring is here. Lapolice has made a lot of gaffes during his time here.

I think there is a chance one off the two cos are back next year. Little to no chance both are back. And right now hall coached a great 4 quarters of play off football and shut down the best team of the generation. 

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Huge majority of streveler came in the last drive. Before that he had plays in like 3-4 drives none in the first half. One big play where demski made a bunch of guys miss. When it was open the whole game.

Calling a awful half then doing better for a quarter and a half is not a good game. 

Ah grasshopper, good results are often the reward for patience, deception and Paulfoolery. It’s called setting up your opponent. 
A little bit of this and a little bit of that and voila, the big picture becomes more evident.

Edited by Mr Dee

8 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Ah grasshopper, good results are often the reward for patience, deception and Paulfoolery. It’s called setting up your opponent. 
A little bit of this and a little bit of that and voila, the big picture becomes more evident.

The basic essence of offensive play calling and scheming since the beginning of time

15 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

How many games are we going to win with Harris having 11 touches through 3 and 3/4 of a game? The team winning is not some stroke or genius. 

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

The basic essence of offensive play calling and scheming since the beginning of time

It's not doing a godawful job most of the game then getting great play out or basic designs when you stop getting in your own way.

20 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It's not doing a godawful job most of the game

Slight exaggeration there. Bad punt..cheap penalty and we were down 7.

Then teams traded 2 and outs.

Then blah, blah, blah! We get a FG and safety 5-7 is the score after a Quarter and a half.

Calgary TD Bomber FG (they still count) 8-14

Halftime.

Then the 2nd half was ours. So, not so bad eh?

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

I see.....so the clever O'Shea, Lapolice and Hall have been lulling their opponents into a false sense of security with all those flubs. It's all so clear now.

36 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Slight exaggeration there. Bad punt..cheap penalty and we were down 7.

Then teams traded 2 and outs.

Then blah, blah, blah! We get a FG and safety 5-7 is the score after a Quarter and a half.

Calgary TD Bomber FG (they still count) 8-14

Halftime.

Then the 2nd half was ours. So, not so bad eh?

Not much of a chance that folks that don’t want to apologize to Lapolice are gonna change their mind because of a well earned win when Plop should thank the fans for enduring headaches, frustrations, and for patience while spending cash on season tickets, merch, and refreshments which help him get paid. 

13 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I see.....so the clever O'Shea, Lapolice and Hall have been lulling their opponents into a false sense of security with all those flubs. It's all so clear now.

Follow the bouncing ball. I’m talking one game.

4 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Not much of a chance that folks that don’t want to apologize to Lapolice are gonna change their mind

And who says they have to.
I’m not exactly a LaPo LoVer, but when he swings and hits a home run, it should be acknowledged.

16 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Not much of a chance that folks that don’t want to apologize to Lapolice are gonna change their mind because of a well earned win when Plop should thank the fans for enduring headaches, frustrations, and for patience while spending cash on season tickets, merch, and refreshments which help him get paid. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I’m not exactly a LaPo LoVer, but when he swings and hits a home run, it should be acknowledged.

There has been plenty of acknowledgement for the win. I’d say most folks are real happy, but know how badly Plop can **** up. 

Edited by Rod Black

8 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

it is acknowledged... in the form of a pay check... after all, that's what he was employed to do...

I'd bet cash money that on the job description he was handed when applying for the position that it said that there was an 'expectation to perform at a high level, a level that would be capable of winning playoff games" or something to that effect...

no, I'm not going to thank or apologize because he had a good game, especially when there were many times through out the year that he failed to meet an 'acceptable' level...

11 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

So LaPo was "Mickey" to the offence's "Rocky" in beating the Stamp's "Apollo" by fighting righty and then switching to south-paw?

Edited by Deiter Fan