You all need to apologize to Paul LaPolice.

TrueBlue4ever

I will say that this was the first time I have seen the bombers adjust at half time. So for that I will give them all kudos for it. With that said it might be a little to late? Not sure. I will only congratulate them for it and hope they can do the same next week, especially when things are not going great. Well done team!

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Plops play call was not good today.

Couldn’t disagree more. 

Varied. That’s how I would describe the game plan. 
And it worked. 
He stretched the field, used Streveler and Demski wisely, and mixed running the ball and passing throughout the game.

A big win for Lapo...translates into a big win for the Bombers.

The game was a combination of better coaching...players out performing others..and new schemes on both sides of ball to confuse CGY..basically playoff mode ball by well prepped team.

BLM was piss poor solely due to what he was seeing..and wasnt comfortable save for the first drive all game. 

On offense the second half "adjustment" was just a continuation of what was game planned from the start...they felt them out..and like Collaros said in the presser got CGY to reveal how they were gonna roll on defense all day and they exploited it..with pre-planned scheme.

I guarantee you as well we got a dose of Streveler light in first half to give full dose in second half to wear down and hammer it home as it got colder and players got more tired and to preserve him for crunch time and grind out the game..and it worked flawlessly...well done coaching staff and well done team for executing it...plain and simple that's what happened. 

The Bombers as a team deserve full credit for the last half of the game and the win. It was great to see us come back after a shaky first half and take it to the Stamps, but we are only a third of the way to the Cup. The Riders ought to be road kill if Fajardo does not play and a bit more of a challenge even if he does, but quite beatable in either scenario. The TiCats will be much more of a challenge, but that is another day. A convincing win over the Greenies will do a lot for team confidence.

The writing was on the wall for Calgary when Dicky lost his first challenge early. Even if he succeeded, it would only have resulted in nullifying a 12 yard BB gain. 

Stamps had completely given up with 6 minutes left in the game. They were beaten like rented mules. 

Regardless of injury, Fajardo and his buggywhip arm are as good as done. BB should be game planning for their second string QB. 

14 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

No apologies for the first half performance. The’re awful.

Second half is a different story. And they actually made an adjustment so kudos to them.

But cant be that all the time. 

Are you referring to the offence?? If so, I don't think we could've run that tandem qb thing for the whole game. Streveler's ankle wouldn't make it.

12 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

I will say that this was the first time I have seen the bombers adjust at half time. So for that I will give them all kudos for it. With that said it might be a little to late? Not sure. I will only congratulate them for it and hope they can do the same next week, especially when things are not going great. Well done team!

The second half adjustment was incredible, and I completely agree with you, I think it was the first time in a long time our team has done something like this. Kudo's to the coaches for a marvellous game plan. From top to bottom our team wanted that game more. 

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Couldn’t disagree more. 

Varied. That’s how I would describe the game plan. 
And it worked. 
He stretched the field, used Streveler and Demski wisely, and mixed running the ball and passing throughout the game.

A big win for Lapo...translates into a big win for the Bombers.

I agree - I have been hard on Lapo and Hall all year and today I want to give them props for a job well done. Now on to Regina for what I hope is more of the same.

Lapo's offense is generally:

Deep TD pass

Run (misdirection pretty often. Various players involved) 

Check down to the running back

There is very little 10-20 yards down field passing, which is usually when passes get picked off. So in that way it looks conservative. But generally it's just smart mistake-free football.

Thats why in a good game you only see about 200 yards passing.

So in that way it was mission accomplished for Lapo and the offense. 

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

The writing was on the wall for Calgary when Dicky lost his first challenge early.

At my place, we scratched our heads on that challenge. At that juncture they had little to gain, so why gamble on a challenge that was questionable anyways? 
Dickenson, as reported, didn’t do well on challenges this year. Since they changed the challenge rules, Dickie boy can’t orchestrate winnable challenges anymore, he’s lost, and his “fishing” trips this year are in the wrong waters...

14 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Bo was throwing the ball low to his receivers a ton today.....that totally helped our defence.  He actually looked a lot like Matty throwing it 15 to 30 yards...let's hope this is the last of BLM......

Disagree completely... hate Bo all you want but having superstars and in some cases a “villain” is good for the league overall...

feels so much better to beat the villain, reigning grey cup mvp, and likely league mvp (if not for his injury) than just some guy...