ESF EDM @ MTL

Zontar

9 minutes ago, J5V said:

Why wouldn't they go for 2 points there?

You don't chase points just for the sake of chasing points.

Hope EDM wins this game, then Gable runs all over HAM... bit of payback for them for trading him to EDM in 2017 and totally screwing us over when we hosted EDM in the Western Semi-Final...probably won't happen, but hey, it's the CFL.

Edited by Eternal optimist

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

You don't chase points just for the sake of chasing points.

Not too sure about that logic. Look like a way to lose by 1 point to me. Now with the convert miss they're down 2 points. They could be up by 1 point. 

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I'm OK with this because it means he will be two time zones away from calling the Bomber-Stamps game. A small mercy but appreciated.

It means we get suitor right (?)..... that can get just as painful to listen to....  gotta hope for a bomber blow out to shut the fans AND suitor up early..

3 minutes ago, J5V said:

Not too sure about that logic. Look like a way to lose by 1 point to me. Now with the convert miss they're down 2 points. They could be up by 1 point. 

When Calgary played us at home W21, they lost by chasing points. They went 1/2 on 2 point conversion attempts. They ended up losing that game by a single point.

They went for two when up 14-10 (who knows why?), and when they were up 26-19 (which made a bit more sense, it was successful and extended their lead to 9 points).

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

When Calgary played us at home W21, they lost by chasing points. They went 1/2 on 2 point conversion attempts. They ended up losing that game by a single point.

They went for two when up 14-10 (who knows why?), and when they were up 26-19 (which made a bit more sense, it was successful and extended their lead to 9 points).

I think it's been shown that the success rate justifies going for two points. Depends how good your offense can execute I suppose.