WSF - GDT - Bombers @ Stamps

JCon

1 hour ago, TheTecno said:

I rewatched the game while syncing with the CJOB broadcast and noticed on the very last non-victory snap Bob said AH33 looked injured after.  He said someone stepped on his foot.  I hadn't noticed before, but Bob is right about some sort of injury, but no one stepped on his foot.  It looks like a non-contact injury and it looks like a knee or lower leg thing.  Of course, it could have been some contact in a previous play.  After that play Harris is barely able to walk, hobbling to his next position for the V-formation.

I really hope it's just a minor nothing owie.  I hoped it just looked worse than it was.  Very odd it was on the last "real" play.

He be aight.... We noticed it from section S but he stayed in the game. The usual bumps and bruises from a cold weather game. It was at least -15 by the time the game ended and probably -20 with the windchill... Medlock was hanging his crotch over the sideline heater to keep the fellas toasty... 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

He be aight.... We noticed it from section S but he stayed in the game. The usual bumps and bruises from a cold weather game. It was at least -15 by the time the game ended and probably -20 with the windchill... Medlock was hanging his crotch over the sideline heater to keep the fellas toasty... 

Hopefully.  It could have just been a cramp from cooling down and his awkward stance and he just didn't want to leave the field or hold up the win.  If it's something else starting with an H and ending with a G I'll be cursing the football gods that smiled so much on us that game.

Yes and when it is that cold the ball is different. It feels like it's heavier and denser. It doesn't seem to have the plyability that it normally does. I can completely understand how receivers dropped balls and snaps and throws were a little off.

I too have played in that type of weather. Your finger tips and toes numb up a little, even a slight breeze makes your eyes water, as you breath heavy your hot humid breath makes your nose run, and it doesn't stop, somehow even your equipment feels heavier. 

9 hours ago, TheTecno said:

I rewatched the game while syncing with the CJOB broadcast and noticed on the very last non-victory snap Bob said AH33 looked injured after.  He said someone stepped on his foot.  I hadn't noticed before, but Bob is right about some sort of injury, but no one stepped on his foot.  It looks like a non-contact injury and it looks like a knee or lower leg thing.  Of course, it could have been some contact in a previous play.  After that play Harris is barely able to walk, hobbling to his next position for the V-formation.

I really hope it's just a minor nothing owie.  I hoped it just looked worse than it was.  Very odd it was on the last "real" play.

after the play was dead Hardrick threw a stamps guy down over top of Harris, that's all it was. 

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

after strevelers td run he ran over to the goal post, jumped onto it and started humping it... he us a character for sure.

awesome...thiings you don't see when not at the game...or at least i didnt notice it on TV

Just like at Banjo Bowl..they didn't show it on TV but after one TD he grabbed a flag from one of the flag dudes and proceeded to jam it into the turf..if it was a natural field it would have stuck in the ground...

Edited by Booch

yeah similarly towards the end of the game we wandered down closer to field level and holy **** you really don't appreciate just how quick a guy like streveler is until you are watching him take off right in front of you. That dude is fast holy ****. 

bottom line, watching in person so much better than the crap tsn gives us. 

and just imagine being on the filed and involved in it...TV gives no justice to the speed of the game one bit. Makes me shake my ead sometimes when fans say "why didn't he throw it here"..or "didn't he see that guy there"...**** moves so fast and furiously at times that you don't have a nanosecond to look ..see..or decide...thats why experience is so key and reps..reps..reps make a guy good...you react and instructively do things without thinking or deciding which 90 percent of the time is the difference between success and failure in a play

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

and just imagine being on the filed and involved in it...TV gives no justice to the speed of the game one bit. Makes me shake my ead sometimes when fans say "why didn't he throw it here"..or "didn't he see that guy there"...**** moves so fast and furiously at times that you don't have a nanosecond to look ..see..or decide...thats why experience is so key and reps..reps..reps make a guy good...you react and instructively do things without thinking or deciding which 90 percent of the time is the difference between success and failure in a play

And that is why football is the greatest sport...speed, power, agility, strength and mental speed - nothing like it, especially in person.  
It is incredible what these guys can do given the speed of the game and size of the players involved. 
seeing it live and close up is incredible. 

Neufeld as well was key on that pull...after the first few games getting back up to game speed he has been more than solid and at the right time too...Images of him steam rolling Rider dlineman in last years WSF bouncing around in my head and taking Judge 15 yards down the fteld then tossing him down like a kid and calling him a biatch never gets old

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Neufeld as well was key on that pull...after the first few games getting back up to game speed he has been more than solid and at the right time too...Images of him steam rolling Rider dlineman in last years WSF bouncing around in my head and taking Judge 15 yards down the fteld then tossing him down like a kid and calling him a biatch never gets old

Still have that game PVR'd. I love that part. Along with Chungh screaming into the TSN camera "We da best!"

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

ratings are in. Outdrew MLS Cup, everything on Rogers and the Eastern Semi. 

the last 3 playoff years games involving Wpg have brought in over 1 million viewers....but apparently Rider games fuel the league according to...Rider fans...even the play-off year we both played we drew over a million and they didn't...guess that shoots another one of their theories down eh?

1 minute ago, Booch said:

the last 3 playoff years games involving Wpg have brought in over 1 million viewers....but apparently Rider games fuel the league according to...Rider fans...even the play-off year we both played we drew over a million and they didn't...guess that shoots another one of their theories down eh?

Let the refs know.

Maybe we will actually get calls when their OL wrestles our guys to the ground (even with Suitor praising the block). 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Let the refs know.

Maybe we will actually get calls when their OL wrestles our guys to the ground (even with Suitor praising the block). 

Just a head scratching amount of holding being allowed in this league this year. Saskatchewan and Calgary seemed to clue into this much earlier than everybody else but now I see it on virtually every offensive play by every team. It's why sacks are down and offence is up I suppose. Just frustrating when they don't even call the blatant holds on scoring plays though. I get why the league is doing it, but it kind of peeves me that we spend so much time building a dominant OL only to have the league try to level the playing field by propping up the less talented OLs. If the league were calling this as they should be, the RIder OL would be terrible.

Edited by gcn11

3 hours ago, Booch said:

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Still have that game PVR'd. I love that part. Along with Chungh screaming into the TSN camera "We da best!"

Thanks for the reminder. I think I have this on the PVR too, will be a great pregame warm up for this week.

5 hours ago, Booch said:

We need a Gif of that.