WSF - GDT - Bombers @ Stamps

JCon

21 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yup, I never thought the day would come when I would type these words but...…….great job Richie Hall. Feels so strange lol. But BLM said it himself in the postgame. The defensive game plan had him guessing all game. New wrinkles and coverages they hadn't seen. Keep it up Richie!

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

The team loves Streveler , I hope he is back next year and more years to come.

Side note at the end of the game Collaros seemed really cold and not wanting to be outside anymore when being interviewed.  I'm not sure if that is something to be concerned about as the weather decreases.

Careful you might pull an oblique muscle with that reach

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yuo, I never thought the day would come when I would type these words but...…….great job Richie Hall. Feels so strange lol. But BLM said it himself in the postgame. The defensive game plan had him guessing all game. New wrinkles and coverages they hadn't seen. Keep it up Richie!

Maybe he was saving it all for when it counted.  It was quite noticeable that BLM and his receivers were often not on the same page, Jorden in particular. On two of those picks, he was definitely throwing the ball to a spot but the receiver turned the other way.  Also, he is usually very good at low throws where his receiver go down to get them and only they can catch them.  Today he was skipping those off the turf, often because of pressure or disruption.  I thought our DL was underrated today. 

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Maybe he was saving it all for when it counted.  It was quite noticeable that BLM and his receivers were often not on the same page, Jorden in particular. On two of those picks, he was definitely throwing the ball to a spot but the receiver turned the other way.  Also, he is usually very good at low throws where his receiver go down to get them and only they can catch them.  Today he was skipping those off the turf, often because of pressure or disruption.  I thought our DL was underrated today. 

Zero sacks.   

I think the ints were more of a result of the miscommunication with the receivers and Richie Hall not playing a really soft zone like he has so much before.   Our guys were tight in coverage all night long.  It was the DB's and LB's who were causing the disruptions.  Kyrie Wilson had a nice knock down and him and Mason were really flying around the field today.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Weather helped too. I bet it was like trying to throw a frozen shot putt. Medlock felt it too on some of his punts.

Hey all!  Just. Beat. Calgary.  We did it!  The hard game is over.  We achieve what we've failed to do since 2011: beat CGY in the playoffs.  If we clobber SSK in the WDF (my prediction) then the guys may have all the momentum and morale that even HAM might not be able to stop them!

Kudos to our D, especially the (much maligned) DBs and DL.  They were the players of the game, not the QBs.

Enjoy the moment, everyone!

6 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I watched the post-game presser on CFL.ca. I cant help but noticed the color that Bo is wearing, not a Bombers uni but it’s blue and gold.

It's a Houston Astros jersey. He's from outside of Houston. Interesting selection though. 

7 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I like Petermann a lot, but Demski is a Ferrari, Petermann is a Jeep.  Each has it's purpose but I'd choose the Ferrari over the Jeep every time.

Demski proved his mettle yesterday for sure, just seems a waste of talent having Petermann watch from the sidelines. 

I don't know how to fully express how much of a satisfying feeling that game provided.  To win and blowout Calgary in Calgary with Bo playing was so satisfying.  Can't remember the last time we beat the teams in a playoff game?  I've had ill will towards them since the 1992 Grey Cup loss when we should have pulled Dunigan a lot earlier. 

Bring on Harker!!!

Edited by Colin Unger