WSF - GDT - Bombers @ Stamps

JCon

11 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

you going?  Buddy I went with last year just told me he's in!

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

I would but my buddies can't. 

Have fun, should be a blast! 

Well, now they're texting me... Things could change quickly. 

11 minutes ago, nawrockp said:

This is a huge win for this organization in general...holy ****, this is the first time we've won against a full-calibre Calgary in their stadium in almost 2 decades???

I think 1965 in the third game of the Western Conference Final. I have a pic on my laptop of the Ploen to Ken Nielsen 109 yard TD to win the game but I can't put it up here. Nielsen put a move on Stamps corner Harvey Wylie, deked him out & was wide open. I think that was the last playoff game we won in Calgary until today. 

Whoopti ...bloody D'....I'v e been doing a happy dance for the last half hour ....finally beat those buggers and I'm one really happy camper....Finally we've broken that bloody curse  when it means something AND in their own barn...Sask.....you're next...I'm going to get back to my spirits now....One helluva game by our guys in the second half....making me a believer///TAKE IT ALL THE WAY BIGBLUE

Edited by Stickem

Sure hope next week's game has a better end than the last time Bombers played the Green Slime in the West final.  I well remember sitting in the North end of the old stadium as the last play consisted of kicking thee ball into and out of the end zone with sask coming back to win.  Horrible.  Revenge is on the plate!!

38 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think 1965 in the third game of the Western Conference Final. I have a pic on my laptop of the Ploen to Ken Nielsen 109 yard TD to win the game but I can't put it up here. Nielsen put a move on Stamps corner Harvey Wylie, deked him out & was wide open. I think that was the last playoff game we won in Calgary until today. 

I actually looked that up earlier today (last playoff win in Calgary) and I thought I must have missed something as 1965 is such a long time ago. Thanks for confirming my findings. 

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

What a rush that game was. 

Just back from the game and trying to thaw out! A couple of observations

1.0 Terrible crowd - we have super reds and my row had about 1/2 the folks in it that I normally see.

2.0 No matter how well you dress for the dang cold - you can never ever keep your feet warm (even with thermal socks and snow boots).

3.0 Thank god for coffee!

Now to the game - great game for the Bombers. BLM really stunk up the joint! According to the folks I was with - he has a problem with cold weather. I enjoyed seeing the Bombers play great in all facets of the game. Kudos to both the offense and defense.

Finally - I will be at the Grey Cup and only one more game for the Bombers to win and they will be there - And please please let it be warmer!