WSF - GDT - Bombers @ Stamps

JCon

Just now, 66 Chevelle said:

of course not, Lapo will call the very same game that he does every game, however, it may not work this time because Calgary undoubtly will see it coming this week... would you believe that Lapo basically called the same game for Collaros that he did for Streveler against Calgary? two completely different style of QBs, yet the same game plan called... 

xiXvH08boUolpjy_b2nJfBy4gvhVTijt46pNXQBI

Not surprising. LaPo treats every qb the same. Instead of designing an offense to suit the strengths of his qbs he expects all of his qbs to play the same style. In other words, players have to fit his system. I have always thought it's LaPo holding Nichols back & not the other way around.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Not surprising. LaPo treats every qb the same. Instead of designing an offense to suit the strengths of his qbs he expects all of his qbs to play the same style. In other words, players have to fit his system. I have always thought it's LaPo holding Nichols back & not the other way around.

I came to that same realization this year... Nichols isn't nearly as bad as I thought he was, it had a whole to do with the game plan that Lapo gave him...  and what really burns me, Lapo actually changed things up in games 3, 4, and 5 (I believe) this year and Nichols looked like a completely different QB... hitting the long ball and all! but as soon as Nichols threw an INT in that Hamilton game it was right back to the Dink and Dunk...  didn't trust Nichols...

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

QB management is Lapo's biggest weakest. As you say, no surprise.

Just now, J5V said:

QB management is Lapo's biggest weakest. As you say, no surprise.

he does the same thing with receivers as well...  like why would you have Darvin running 3 yard curl routes? or why did it take until game 17 to see Whitehead using his speed down the rail deep like he did in game 2 for a TD?  Whitehead without doubt the fastest person on the field and he rather have him fielding screen passes and HOPE he can juke everyone instead of just having him burn them with his speed?

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Put Nichols in any other CFL offense & he easily has another 1500 yards passing, maybe more. 

you're probably right... don't know how many more yards but as you said, it would be significant... one of Nichols flaws is his deep ball accuracy, however, when you have your receivers running routes at varied levels and in such a manner that it can create larger throwing windows he is very effective because even if he is off the receiver has room to adjust and run under it...

1 minute ago, 66 Chevelle said:

you're probably right... don't know how many more yards but as you said, it would be significant... one of Nichols flaws is his deep ball accuracy, however, when you have your receivers running routes at varied levels and in such a manner that it can create larger throwing windows he is very effective because even if he is off the receiver has room to adjust and run under it...

I thought for the most part he's pretty good on his deep ball. Not every long pass will be completed. OL has to hold their blocks a second longer & if they don't then the pass is hurried which affects accuracy.

15 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

he does the same thing with receivers as well...  like why would you have Darvin running 3 yard curl routes? or why did it take until game 17 to see Whitehead using his speed down the rail deep like he did in game 2 for a TD?  Whitehead without doubt the fastest person on the field and he rather have him fielding screen passes and HOPE he can juke everyone instead of just having him burn them with his speed?

For the record, Whitehead isn't playing today.

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I thought for the most part he's pretty good on his deep ball. Not every long pass will be completed. OL has to hold their blocks a second longer & if they don't then the pass is hurried which affects accuracy.

before getting hurt he had the worse completion percentage for passes 30+ yards.... like you said though, deep balls can tend to be less accurate... but, Lapo did actually have some routes/plays schemed up with Nichols in a 5 step drop that once his feet were set he could throw the ball to a spot and not have to have excessive amount of hold time by the line and there was enough space for the receiver to adjust...

but it's like those games where you see Demski get the ball on first down and have success... Harris is struggling a bit on the evening, yet you don't see Lapo go back to Demski , or anyone else, the rest of the game... it's like his play book contains only 1 'non-Harris' running play in it for the game... that's it... lol...

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Anyone remember the movie North Dallas Forty? How they shot up their running back at halftime after he had a knee injury? 

Great movie.  Remember when Dunigan played in the Grey Cup in Winnipeg with a broken collarbone - happens in real life not just the movies