WSF - GDT - Bombers @ Stamps

JCon

1 hour ago, GOLD MEMBER said:

Calgary looks like winter hell!🥶😂

Orlesky’s  lips are frozen. But nothing we all haven’t seen before. lol

Take a drink every time them mention or show Sara's Sorels. 

That's if she's at the game. Who knows maybe she's at the Jets game.

Edited by WinnipegGordo

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Before I go off on O'Shea & the medical staff, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that he may not be hurt as seriously reported. 

Will be interesting to see what happens when I get there. We are just leaving shortly - Sun is out here in South Calgary but never know what it is like once I get to the stadium. I do know it is Cold and the winds are picking up. 

29 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Before I go off on O'Shea & the medical staff, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that he may not be hurt as seriously reported. 

I blame MOS and Lapo both for Streveler being hurt in the first place... it's like that once Collaros had been in town long enough to get a good feel for the playbook they just threw Streve to the dogs... for example, in the prior game Streveler didn't run near as much, he pretty much stayed in the pocket...it was like they were trying to make sure that he didn't get hurt...  but the following week they ran him the most that they had all year long... when he got up and was obviously hurt, they just run another play... then when he can't get back up they finally pull him yet send him back in later... if that wasn't enough, they continue to call set runs for him... it was obvious that was hurt, I imagine that a lot of you all here were like me, saying 'why is he still in there!'...

and Calgary was very physical in tackling him as well... nothing dirty but they were trying to neutralize Streve... and it became obvious that Dickenson was sending the head hunters for him on that day... so much so that he felt it necessary to conference with the refs before game to remind them that once Streve pulls that ball down and tucks it, he is no longer a QB, he is a runner at that point... he does this to avoid any confusion about penalties for rough play...  who does that?

if nothing else, MOS and Lapo did nothing to protect Streveler and minimize the possibility of an injury...  I think it has as much to do with the fact that they did want to start Collaros but felt that the only way they could get away with doing so was if Streve couldn't answer the bell... why else do you have QB1 running the ball when it's obvious to anyone that doesn't attend St. Mary's School for the Blind that he was hurt?

5 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

I blame MOS and Lapo both for Streveler being hurt in the first place... it's like that once Collaros had been in town long enough to get a good feel for the playbook they just threw Streve to the dogs... for example, in the prior game Streveler didn't run near as much, he pretty much stayed in the pocket...it was like they were trying to make sure that he didn't get hurt...  but the following week they ran him the most that they had all year long... when he got up and was obviously hurt, they just run another play... then when he can't get back up they finally pull him yet send him back in later... if that wasn't enough, they continue to call set runs for him... it was obvious that was hurt, I imagine that a lot of you all here were like me, saying 'why is he still in there!'...

and Calgary was very physical in tackling him as well... nothing dirty but they were trying to neutralize Streve... and it became obvious that Dickenson was sending the head hunters for him on that day... so much so that he felt it necessary to conference with the refs before game to remind them that once Streve pulls that ball down and tucks it, he is no longer a QB, he is a runner at that point... he does this to avoid any confusion about penalties for rough play...  who does that?

if nothing else, MOS and Lapo did nothing to protect Streveler and minimize the possibility of an injury...  I think it has as much to do with the fact that they did want to start Collaros but felt that the only way they could get away with doing so was if Streve couldn't answer the bell... why else do you have QB1 running the ball when it's obvious to anyone that doesn't attend St. Mary's School for the Blind that he was hurt?

I don't know anymore. I swear after 6 seasons I still can't figure out where O'Shea's head is at times. Why would he even risk Streveler's career by even considering playing him? Does he really think Dickenson will be worried if Streveler on a bad foot plays? I think he'd probably say play him. 

1 minute ago, Doublezero said:

If the real Blue Bombers fooltball team shows up  - the will roll over Calgary. Wish we tried more of the 2-point converts however and hope that is not the difference today.

I hope we can defend the 2 point attempts...I have doubts we will ever try one 

Just now, BomberBall said:

Is anyone truly expecting a change in game plan or varied play calling from either of our coordinators?

I'm hoping to at least see some new wrinkles, but I’m not betting on it.

Not really. There is a wealth of evidence that changes are needed, but.....

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't know anymore. I swear after 6 seasons I still can't figure out where O'Shea's head is at times. Why would he even risk Streveler's career by even considering playing him? Does he really think Dickenson will be worried if Streveler on a bad foot plays? I think he'd probably say play him. 

If there is a chance streveler plays you do have to be aware of it. He is too much of a threat running the ball to not. That being said if he is as hurt as all that he won't play. Could be they're bsing about how hurt he is too so the stamps are sleeping on him. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

MOS does a lot of quirky things, like his use of challenges... makes me just shake my head... like Calgary's bounce pass at the 1 yard line? and I believe it was the 'roughness' call on Maston when it was easy to see it was a clean hit?  or this one, the fake punt call in the 2017 WSF game... that was a real gem too!

Just now, 66 Chevelle said:

MOS does a lot of quirky things, like his use of challenges... makes me just shake my head... like Calgary's bounce pass at the 1 yard line? and I believe it was the 'roughness' call on Maston when it was easy to see it was a clean hit?  or this one, the fake punt call in the 2017 WSF game... that was a real gem too!

MOS addressed the bounce pass. There wasn't a clear replay that he or his spotters saw that would overturn the call. \

And, he challenged the league on the Maston hit. Said it was a bad call. 

1 minute ago, 66 Chevelle said:

I don't want to turn this into a MOS ***** session before our playoff game. 

6 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Is anyone truly expecting a change in game plan or varied play calling from either of our coordinators?

I'm hoping to at least see some new wrinkles, but I’m not betting on it.

of course not, Lapo will call the very same game that he does every game, however, it may not work this time because Calgary undoubtly will see it coming this week... would you believe that Lapo basically called the same game for Collaros that he did for Streveler against Calgary? two completely different style of QBs, yet the same game plan called... 

xiXvH08boUolpjy_b2nJfBy4gvhVTijt46pNXQBI

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

MOS addressed the bounce pass. There wasn't a clear replay that he or his spotters saw that would overturn the call. \

And, he challenged the league on the Maston hit. Said it was a bad call. 

even without the good replay they would have been better challenges than the one he threw away on the Darvin Adams play that he was looking for PI... wasn't even close...