WSF - GDT - Bombers @ Stamps

JCon

EI5UL5IXkAArBA4?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EI8VsdHU8AIb6cN?format=jpg&name=largeEI8VsdKUEAAzI1N?format=png&name=large

Weather:

-11 (feels like -16) at kickoff. 

Dropping to -13 (feels like -18) during the game. 

Wind minimal - gusting to 14km/h. 

Snow? Nope. 

But it's Calgary so by the time I've posted this the weather forecast has changed three times. 

Last time the Bombers played in Calgary in the WSF was 1982. 

EI5XG26WwAEDITC?format=jpg&name=large

EI5XGyaWkAEtiaA?format=jpg&name=large

Ed Taits preview: https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/11/09/game-preview-west-semi-final-2/

3 STORYLINES

1. MORE COLLAROS MAGIC?

2. THE BO FACTOR

3. A HERO ON SPECIALS?

Edited by JCon

Let's go Bombers !  Entertain the crap out of us today...win.....and give this board another week to cheer for !

I would also like to take a minute to thank everyone who posts here,   I feel I learn a little more about the team from everybody who posts here.   I also appreciated being able to vent here awhile back while going through a tough time...... thanks.

AGAIN GO BOMBERS.....KICK SOME Axx !

What do you call Dave Dickersen, Bo Mitchell, and Calgary receivers getting together in the basement?

A whine cellar.

anyway....

need to stop Mitchell from stepping up in the pocket, maybe they push the tackles outside to allow him to do that. don't let him. He gets a lot of time to throw doing that.

My pick for a big play..... Jake! sack, or cause a fumble. maybe pick it up and rumble for a few yards.  Jeffersen or Jeffcoat int.

Bighill bigday would be nice. Hope the refs don't stink the place up.

If they get just a  bit of good luck, I see a Bombers win.

Just now, Mark F said:

What do you call Dave Dickersen, Bo Mitchell, and Calgary receivers getting together in the basement?

A whine cellar.

anyway....

need to stop Mitchell from stepping up in the pocket, maybe they push the tackles outside to allow him to do that. don't let him. He gets a lot of time to throw doing that.

My pick for a big play..... Jake! sack, or cause a fumble. maybe pick it up and rumble for a few yards.  Jeffersen or Jeffcoat int.

Bighill bigday would be nice. Hope the refs don't stink the place up.

If they get just a  bit of good luck, I see a Bombers win.

The area I will be somewhat focused on at the game is the line play. Calgary is starting 3 imports on their OL (both tackles and the center). It will all depend (IMHO) on how much pressure the Bomber DL can get on BLM. With the field conditions and the cold it also may be how well the Bombers can stop the Calgary run game and of course vice versa. I am heading out around 1PM for the game. Normally we leave earlier and stop for lunch somewhere but for this one we want to make sure we get there in good shape given the roads in Calgary today. Lots of snow and still snowing. I have AWD  and winter tires on so not all that worried.

1 minute ago, BBRT said:

The area I will be somewhat focused on at the game is the line play. Calgary is starting 3 imports on their OL (both tackles and the center). It will all depend (IMHO) on how much pressure the Bomber DL can get on BLM. With the field conditions and the cold it also may be how well the Bombers can stop the Calgary run game and of course vice versa. I am heading out around 1PM for the game. Normally we leave earlier and stop for lunch somewhere but for this one we want to make sure we get there in good shape given the roads in Calgary today. Lots of snow and still snowing. I have AWD  and winter tires on so not all that worried.

In Calgary it's always about the other drivers being morons more than the road conditions. 

11 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Speaking of line play, what's up with the continued absence of Geoff Gray in the lineup, I'm not convinced his early-mid season play warrants him sitting at the bottom of the totem pole below Desjarlais, Speller and now Eli.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Speaking of line play, what's up with the continued absence of Geoff Gray in the lineup, I'm not convinced his early-mid season play warrants him sitting at the bottom of the totem pole below Desjarlais, Speller and now Eli.

We need Eli as a backup centre. 

Not sure if he's still injured or what is up with him. 

I'll ask the media again... Well, this is embarrassing... it seems there is no one covering the Bombers. But do you want an update on Ehlers' favourite video game? 

17 minutes ago, BBRT said:

When they blitz, they have to apply effective pressure . Sending 6 guys and having no one reach blm can cause nightmares for our secondary. But bring on the snow.

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

We need Eli as a backup centre. 

Not sure if he's still injured or what is up with him. 

I'll ask the media again... Well, this is embarrassing... it seems there is no one covering the Bombers. But do you want an update on Ehlers' favourite video game? 

I did read somewhere that he is practising, but also just fell down the depth chart. read it from everybody’s new favourite media guy, darrin bauming 

17 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

I did read somewhere that he is practising, but also just fell down the depth chart. read it from everybody’s new favourite media guy, darrin bauming 

I bugged Bauming a few times for an update as to whether or not Gray was practising and he eventually forwarded me a tweet from junior/cub reporter who said he was. 

I bugged them all but only Bauming responded. 

I should have asked Naylor or Dunk. 

Andrew Harris is fired the **** up and so am I. Was out at an event downtown last night and was kind of hoping I might run into some of them wandering around down there but I imagine with it being a playoff game they don't stray too far from the Westin. 

LET'S ******* DO THIS!!!! 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

I bugged Bauming a few times for an update as to whether or not Gray was practising and he eventually forwarded me a tweet from junior/cub reporter who said he was. 

I bugged them all but only Bauming responded. 

Serious question though, how does a Canadian guard go from being on an active NFL roster to being benched for a rookie? 

18 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Serious question though, how does a Canadian guard go from being on an active NFL roster to being benched for a rookie? 

If he's really benched. I assume he is benched because he wasn't six-gamed but I truly don't know. 

Edited by JCon

14 minutes ago, GOLD MEMBER said:

Don’t look now but GOLD MEMBER is in the Grey Cup commercial on TSN. That is you were wondering who the heck is that Golden dude with the fedora.

Anyways Stamps are banged up and we are super well rested. No excuses gotta come on blazing.

GBG

Saw it. Figured it was gold member.

53 minutes ago, JCon said:

Sad but true. Or Farhan Lalji. Seems like the only ones who care and are connected. So few scoops or information at all from our local beat writers. I follow the Vikings closely and it’s so much different with their beat writers. Sure it’s the NFL. But give us something other than moral stances on banned supplements as a CFL beat writer. 

1 hour ago, Tiny759 said:

It isn't a hard question to answer - he wasn't practicing or playing well enough.  I know we all get sick of hearing the coaches say "we will need to evaluate the film" but the truth is they go frame by frame play by play and if they see the same errors or issues and they aren't getting fixed in practice or games the guy comes out.  If the effort or focus isn't there you won't have a job.  
lineman positions are really hard for fans to evaluate and see who is doing well and who isn't - unless it is obvious and the tv points it out we don't see enough.  

or he has a nagging injury that is impacting his play...