The Other Bomber Forum

BBRT

17 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

I don't understand the loyalty to that place

This forum is better in literally every way

before the trip down hill near the end, that site was great. Its the people posting that really make the forum. Many of the same posters here. The old forum had issues, as all do. But as a microcosm of friendly manitoba and the bomber faithful. The infrastructure and look is worlds better now though. 

15 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

I don't understand the loyalty to that place

This forum is better in literally every way

TEP has been around since 2006 and has an established membership that for the most part really like discussing football with each other. A forum is not about bells and whistles, it's about membership and activity. That is why people are loyal to it. We've got 12 years of posting history together, just as OB became MBB and the main membership from the OB days stayed together.

6 minutes ago, NormW said:

Checking in... Puzzled about the other site, but none the less I'm pleased that we are still talking Bomber football on November 19th... 

To be perfectly honest, every day that goes by I care less and less about it because MBB is fulfilling my needs. I didn't bother with MBB previously because I spent all my "forum time" on TEP and didn't have time for another, especially when the conversation seemed like the same except considerably less active. Now with this forum, we have many of the same members plus the MBB stalwarts all in one place and it seems far more active. Obviously the software is world's better.

I will go back to TEP if it comes back but I like it here and will probably end up making this my primary spot. As others have said, as long as there is good people here, including some old e-friends, that's all that matters to me.

Edited by blue_or_die

13 minutes ago, GOLD MEMBER said:

Umm onwards and upwards lol

Received an update email regarding the forum from one of the Mods the other day....for what it's worth here it is:

"I apologize for the delay in getting the forum back up.  The issue is out of my control and apparently out of the organization's control.

I am let to believe that the issue is being worked on and my hope is that we will see it up again soon.  I wish I had more specific news to offer but I remain, at this point, hopeful it will return.

We are in daily touch with the BBs on this as they own the forum and the issue is with the host site who provide the software.

Will let everyone know as this moves forward".

The 503 and drilling down to the link they provide show that they've switched to a new platform/software and are working on getting the site back up.  What we're seeing there is the site is up for admins, just not for us plebes.  Hopefully they will have it done in time for GC day.

So kiss the old site/interface goodbye.  We'll never see it again.  At least the new software should solve the unicode/apple apostrophe-to-? problem.

I sure hope they found a way to import the old messages, but I wouldn't bet money on it.  Lots of work that probably no one wants to do.  I would bet they'll make everyone sign up again too.  They probably had a catastrophic loss (HDD failure with no RAID and no backup), that's my guess.

Just a reminder that if you hit the old site via a bookmark, make sure you try just forums.bluebombers.com without any path part because when the site comes back up, the old paths probably won't go anywhere.